https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess just go

Started by Andy S, June 23, 2019, 08:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 24, 2019, 08:11:21 PM
Quote from: Andy S on June 24, 2019, 06:58:58 PM
Of course they aren't they want him for nothing as per usual and in 5 years time the say what a good negotiator Levy is etc. These players should realise what this club has done for them and give us a break so that we can afford to open the path for other half decent players to join us.

I'm not sure I understand how Ryan not signing in any way hurts Fulham's signing potential with new players.  Fulham's owners aren't broke.

Quite right. We can get on with doing transfer business whether Sess stays or goes.  As to all this about "realise what the club has done for them", "he should go to Spurs or sign a new contract" etc. Well in my view; i. Sess owes us nothing, his contributions on the pitch have amply repaid what the club invested in his development ii. he can only go to another club if a firm offer has been made that FFC agree with, which has not yet been the case as far as any of us know and iii. he has a year left on his existing contract and can only sign a new one if it is offered and we don't know the situation there. 
In summary people should get off the guy's back, show some appreciation and have a little patience.

Sting of the North

I'm firmly with Twig on this one.

ScalleysDad

As has been hinted at elsewhere the Sess saga needs to come a conclusion pretty quick, if we are profit from it, as the memories of him ripping defences apart will quickly fade. His PL and Euro performances are for the most part best forgotten. If Parker can get him interested again, post injury of course, the Club should make a statement in part to show some intent.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 24, 2019, 08:56:22 PM

Normally I agree with you two but as I've said elsewhere, this one would stick in my throat. IMO he hasn't done enough to merit a move out of the Championship, on the basis that he didn't look good enough for the PL this season. It will be a long time before he gets near the first team at a club like Spurs, therefore the benefits of moving, with regard to his development, seem negligible. All feels a year a two too early IMO, Yes he'll get more money but I suspect we're offering him £2m per year - how much more do you need as an 18 year old? I don't expect every player to bleed black and white but when they're a local lad and fan, I do expect a bit of loyalty. Haynes could have doubled his wages by going to Milan.

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on June 24, 2019, 10:42:29 PM

Normally I agree with you two but as I've said elsewhere, this one would stick in my throat. IMO he hasn't done enough to merit a move out of the Championship, on the basis that he didn't look good enough for the PL this season. It will be a long time before he gets near the first team at a club like Spurs, therefore the benefits of moving, with regard to his development, seem negligible. All feels a year a two too early IMO, Yes he'll get more money but I suspect we're offering him £2m per year - how much more do you need as an 18 year old? I don't expect every player to bleed black and white but when they're a local lad and fan, I do expect a bit of loyalty. Haynes could have doubled his wages by going to Milan.

Football players have a very short working life unless they go into management hence why they try and earn as much as possible. Secondly, he isnt a fan, he supports Liverpool.

I do agree he isnt ready for the prem but if he stays and has a poor season in the championship he may never get the chance to join a spurs or liverpool type club again. Cant really blame him even though I wish he would stay.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Sting of the North

I find it a bit unclear as to what you are disagreeing with.  Because if you just mean that you think that it is better for all involved that Sess stays (which I agree with), that is not disagreeing with what Twig wrote, as far as I can see. Or do you mean that Sess owes us something? If that is what you believe, and even though I can kind of see what you mean, then we will probably have to agree to disagree. Btw, I would be surprised if it is the money in itself (since as you wrote he would very likely be offered plenty by FFC), but rather the overall lure of a "big" club that might persuade Sess to leave/not renew his contract.

Statto

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 24, 2019, 11:05:12 PM

Football players have a very short working life unless they go into management hence why they try and earn as much as possible. Secondly, he isnt a fan, he supports Liverpool.

I do agree he isnt ready for the prem but if he stays and has a poor season in the championship he may never get the chance to join a spurs or liverpool type club again. Cant really blame him even though I wish he would stay.

I didn't overlook the fact he probably won't work past his mid 30s
If he signs a 4 yr deal for us on the terms I said, that's £8m by the time he's 22 on top of a couple of million he's earned already
He could spend his whole career at Fulham on that wage and earn what, £30m?
Anyone who earns that kind of money and wants more is a greedy ba$tard
WTF can't you buy with £30m?

Twig

Quote from: Statto on June 24, 2019, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on June 24, 2019, 11:05:12 PM

I didn't overlook the fact he probably won't work past his mid 30s
If he signs a 4 yr deal for us on the terms I said, that's £8m by the time he's 22 on top of a couple of million he's earned already
He could spend his whole career at Fulham on that wage and earn what, £30m?
Anyone who earns that kind of money and wants more is a greedy ba$tard
WTF can't you buy with £30m?

I don't necessarily disagree that it could be better for all parties (except greedy agents) for Sess to stay, but even that can only be a matter of conjecture.  My points were about why his future may not be resolved quickly (not his fault) and that, in my view, he owes us little or nothing.

The Rational Fan

Ryan Sessesgnon is easily good enough for Spurs Squad of 25+ players immediately (ahead of Georges-Kevin N'Koudou).
He'll be performing the same role as Kebano did for us in the EPL, with a lot of bench time and very little coming off it.

Ryan Sessegnon is a very match experienced player for his age, most of all he needs to get strong, fit and learn the EPL.
As for his development, maybe a year on the training field, in the gym and on the bench would be good for him.

Twig

To suggest that Ryan Sessegnon needs to "get fit" staggers me. How on earth can you conclude that he is anything less than supremely fit?

AnOldBrownie

How does Ryan owe the club anything that he hasn't already repaid on the pitch?

It is a job after all.   Yes, it's a job where he gets to do what he loves...but it also a job where he can at the drop of a hat have a man (Claudio) responsible for his minutes played...his future earnings...and Ryan has no say on any of that.

Ryan has a job that he loves, but that doesn't mean he owes his employers anything more than to give 100% on the pitch and on the training ground.   That's all.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on June 24, 2019, 08:11:21 PM
Quote from: Andy S on June 24, 2019, 06:58:58 PM
Of course they aren't they want him for nothing as per usual and in 5 years time the say what a good negotiator Levy is etc. These players should realise what this club has done for them and give us a break so that we can afford to open the path for other half decent players to join us.

I'm not sure I understand how Ryan not signing in any way hurts Fulham's signing potential with new players.  Fulham's owners aren't broke.
True but forgive me if I'm wrong but don't FFP related sanctions involve net spend i.e. incoming money as well as outgoing? in the sense that it allows us more spending capability?