more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy Birthday Jean Tigana

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 23, 2019, 12:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Who turns 63 today.

Jean Tigana took over as manager of Fulham in April 2000, and helped them to promotion from the Division One to the Premier League as champions in his first full season.

Fulham finished 13th in their first top flight season, for more than 30 years, and qualified for the UEFA Cup (via the Intertoto Cup), but he was sacked in April 2003, even though Fulham weren't in danger of going down at this stage.

The club later took him to court, claiming he had wrongly overpaid for certain players such as Steve Marlet, but the charges were dropped. Tigana then took Fulham to court for wrongful dismissal and won, winning a payout of over £2 million

What were your memories of Jean Tigana?

bobby01

Like joka, had the team playing great football, fond memories.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Holders

Football so good my jaw dropped. I thought at the time "you're looking at Fulham enjoy it while you can, you'll probably never see its like again".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

hovewhite

Regularly watch that title winning side on the club dvd.
Happy birthday jean

Fernhurst

Looking back I've been extremely lucky.
The 58 to 68 team I was at my most impressionable and probably still love them as my favorite squads.
A terrible period ensued right up to when we almost lost the club.
The great Micky Adams started our revival and then Tigana produced a style of football I've never witnessed previously from a Fulham squad. Happy birthday Jean.
Roy took us to places we have never been before and  to an individual night ( v Juventus) which was so memorable.
The along came Joka and we were back playin Tigana style football which eventually led us back to the promised land.
Lots to live up to Scotty, all the very best.

Yes, been happy to be part of the white wall and part of "You lucky people"
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Tigana was ground breaking, we had never seen any thing like it before, the only blot on his copybook was Marlet, shame about that.

mrmicawbers

Bon Anniversary Jean.Thanks for the Memories