watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Big Signing

Started by Stoneleigh Loyalist, June 23, 2019, 05:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Transfer nearing completion . James Furlong from Shamrock Rover Left Back Age 16.
Compensation payment to be made.

ScalleysDad

Well it's a start. I wonder if all the boxes were ticked or if the new management team said "we want him, go get him".
I actually think our first signing was the new goal keeping coach. It saw off the last remnant of the debacle of last season, not necessarily his fault, and it looks like the new management team possibly led on it.

bog

Is he a no risk signing? Will he be miles ahead of other players? Good luck to him.  :022:

092.gif

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Another interesting point is that Shamrock Rovers signed Sean Kavanagh when he was released by Fulham in recent years. He also was a left back .
A leap in standard for young James.

wiresandmore

Actually, this is great for Fulham. I live in Dublin and know quite a bit about the setup here.

Along with Troy Parrot (at Spurs), he's the brightest star in the Ireland U17 setup so really quite a big deal for FFC to get him.

Fingers crossed he continues to progress at Motspur Park!

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: wiresandmore on June 23, 2019, 08:14:52 PM
Actually, this is great for Fulham. I live in Dublin and know quite a bit about the setup here.

Along with Troy Parrot (at Spurs), he's the brightest star in the Ireland U17 setup so really quite a big deal for FFC to get him.

Fingers crossed he continues to progress at Motspur Park!

I am from dublin and this kid is a good player I would say its a good signing to get him in before other clubs come sniffing

Matt10

Sweet, sounds like a good one for us. Let's see what happens - is he senior squad ready?

@jolslover

I reckon this will be a signing for the 21 squad - A few years before he's first team ready
STH H3

wheelerdeeler

Might get involved in some of the Cup teams if he impresses the coaches to be fair. We don't have a proper Left-Back back-up to Bryan (I know Le Marchand, Odoi etc. "can" play there) and we don't really have one already in the 21s so I wouldn't rule it out.

Woolly Mammoth

It's a decent start, and we have to start somewhere.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.