watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ranieri and the Southampton match.

Started by bobby01, June 24, 2019, 01:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

In the blog from jez, section 7 there is a comment that suggestions were made, especially by kmac, that ranieri threw the game to get the sack so he could go to Roma.

I have missed this completely,has anyone any further information.

Sorry to make you read two but I did not want to quote the whole text of a fascinating article for one line.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

snarks

I hadn't heard that. I had heard KMac saying he thought Raneri wouldn't be there long which is why he didn't leave when he was told he could go.
No doubt the line up was strange and I thought that at the time, the substitutions were even more bizarre

Barry White

He really didn't have to purposely throw games, he was hopeless.

Sting of the North

I haven't heard anything at all about this before. Although a very entertaining read that as a whole gave a good account of our season, there were quite a few other things that didn't really reflect the truth or at least did not give a fair account to some happenings (in my opinion). So maybe there is a risk of this being a case were 1+1 became 3? Or maybe these rumors have been floating around, and I have just missed them.

toshes mate

Quote from: Barry White on June 24, 2019, 02:52:35 PM
Agree.  Perhaps, for all we know, he was already 'gone' before the Saints game in everything but final 'goodbye, Mr Nice Guy' which, of course, was quite different to Jokanovic's dismissal.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: toshes mate on June 24, 2019, 03:41:59 PM
Quote from: Barry White on June 24, 2019, 02:52:35 PM
Agree.  Perhaps, for all we know, he was already 'gone' before the Saints game in everything but final 'goodbye, Mr Nice Guy' which, of course, was quite different to Jokanovic's dismissal.

I had heard, that old caveat " a reliable source", that there was a consensus within the squad Ranieri had lost the plot before the Southampton game but it was that game where it was 'outed' that he had lost the dressing room and not necessarily during the game inferring it was the week before, at team selection perhaps? I remember at the previous home game Ranieri walked off the pitch on his own and left Parker and Co to talk with the players, Mitrovic specifically as I recall.

Andy S

I don't understand Ranieri. Obviously what he did with Leicester but his man management skills were not brilliant even there but he was a spectator at the Cottage at our games and turned up at the interview with a dossier and got 5he job

toshes mate

If the Khans had been courting Ranieri back in the promotion season around the time CK was ejected, when Jokanovic struggled to get consistency, then it becomes clearer that promotion was an unexpected bonus outcome to the season.  I have said before that the Khans should have sacked SJ after the Wembley final success if they didn't believe he could manage in the PL.  It would have produced a considerable volume of resentment from supporters but would have given the Khans a couple of months to find a suitable replacement whilst never obstructing TK's recruitment plans.  Ranieri would have been a serious contender since he already knew the Khans from the previous contact.  SJ had the team in the palm of his hand but not the owners; Ranieri had the owners in his hand but not the players.  It's funny just how things work out in the football world.       

Lighthouse

Ranieri seemed to build teams from  defence. We didn't have one so he seemed pretty clueless what else he was supposed to do. Poor appointment in a season of poor decisions on and off the pitch. As for throwing the match. I very much doubt it. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

hovewhite

Wouldn't trust the Khan's to recruit a new Tea lady!

Andy S