watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Boltons "GOAL" on Saturday

Started by mrska, February 08, 2010, 10:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrska

Ive just seen the goal Bolton had ruled out on Saturday.  OMG.. that was a perfectly good goal if ive ever seen one.  I saw a little tug..  but nothing out of the norm. The goal should  and would of stood in 97.5% of cases..  We can count ourselves very lucky...!

blingo

no it wasn´t Ska´sie. About time we had some of the rub of the green and never forget the Ref is ALWAYS RIGHT.  :D :D :D

mrska

Quote from: blingo on February 08, 2010, 10:24:32 AM
no it wasn´t Ska´sie. About time we had some of the rub of the green and never forget the Ref is ALWAYS RIGHT.  :D :D :D

Ha ha ha.. yeah youre right Blingo..  swings and roundabouts and all that!

Logicalman

All I can say is that Helga did a great job of diving in the box then and fooling the ref. None of the camera angles (and I've watched it countless times) gives a good account of if/how KD gave helga a small push or not, but I'm not looking this gift horse in the mouth, especially after the way Bolton kicked us off the park at our last meeting, they deserved to be humbled, just a little.

mrska

Quote from: Logicalman on February 08, 2010, 11:17:25 AM
All I can say is that Helga did a great job of diving in the box then and fooling the ref. None of the camera angles (and I've watched it countless times) gives a good account of if/how KD gave helga a small push or not, but I'm not looking this gift horse in the mouth, especially after the way Bolton kicked us off the park at our last meeting, they deserved to be humbled, just a little.

Yes good call Logicalman..  kicked us off the park...   7 yellows wasn't it????

Logicalman

Quote from: mrska on February 08, 2010, 11:37:41 AM
Yes good call Logicalman..  kicked us off the park...   7 yellows wasn't it????

Uh-huh ....

Kevin Davies (2)
Gretar Rafn Steinsson (24)
Jonathan Greening (32)
Gavin McCann (53)
Ricardo Gardner (50)
Jussi Jaaskelainen (64)
Jlloyd Samuel (72)

LBNo11

...I gave MOTD a miss as I couldn't bear to watch that dross again, but for those who have analysed the replay on TiFF, these are their comments:-

yesterdays push -- leo, Monday, February 08, 01:39:27pm
Just watched the game from saturday ,and I think you will will agree with me if watched carefully,that when the free kick comes in Elmander gives a 2 handed push on Hughes ,clip straight after gives it away,Elmander doesn,t appear bothered that the goal was not given...just surprised that no one else seems to have seen this

[ Post a Reply to this Message ][Edit]

Replies:

Not sure what it was given for (and the pundits all assumed it was against the scorer) but wasn't Zat also fouling (holding) too? (NT) -- BRBB, Monday, February 08, 01:53:10pm

Also Zat Knight had his arm around Smalling's neck in a headlock... It's about time Refs sorted out all the shenanigans that go on from corners and other set pieces... it's ruining the bloody game and is a cheat's charter as far as I'm concerned. (NT) -- Caught in possession, Monday, February 08, 01:53:35pm

i said at the time i didnt think it was given against davies, the wistle went before he made contact with the ball im sure it was given against zat (NT) -- me, Monday, February 08, 01:58:12pm
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

Either way it was a harsh decision. But Fulham have had their fair share of harsh decisions so I wont be losing any sleep over it. What is concerning is how easily Hughes and especially Hangeland were led a merry dance ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS. It really isn't looking good if our best players looks so out of it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: mrska on February 08, 2010, 10:21:28 AM
Ive just seen the goal Bolton had ruled out on Saturday.  OMG.. that was a perfectly good goal if ive ever seen one.  I saw a little tug..  but nothing out of the norm. The goal should  and would of stood in 97.5% of cases..  We can count ourselves very lucky...!
There is no place for tugging on a football pitch , if your gonna do it , at least keep it in the bedroom eh lads. I'm surprised he hasn't had his collar felt to be honest.

Tonywa

Not sure what it was given for (and the pundits all assumed it was against the scorer) but wasn't Zat also fouling (holding) too? (NT) -- BRBB, Monday, February 08, 01:53:10pm

Also Zat Knight had his arm around Smalling's neck in a headlock...

Well that's exactly what I saw and was amazed when the ref said that he had disallowed the strike for a foul on Brede. 

mrska

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 08, 2010, 02:26:49 PM
There is no place for tugging on a football pitch , if your gonna do it , at least keep it in the bedroom eh lads. I'm surprised he hasn't had his collar felt to be honest.

Classic Fat Fred  Classic!

Fernhurst

Quote from: mrska on February 08, 2010, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 08, 2010, 02:26:49 PM

Classic Fat Fred  Classic!

My Missues used to play in in Ladies league and when I told her I'd been pulled off by our manager at half time  she replied:

"Blimey...... we only get a slice of orange"

JBH

What Goal?? I could have sworn that the result was 0 - 0!!  ;)

Fernhurst

Back in the room :o

Definite two handed push and Haggers screamed before sprawling at Marks feet ..... Well done Clatters.

We need one more huge slice tomorrow night in pay back for night Bog,Peabody and I still remember  with pain. Lost 2-1 to Burnley in The FA Cup semi final replay, decided by the worst refereeing decision I have ever witnessed!!!

The Old Sods Army has seen a lot of front line action.... but no demob for me thanks.... :)

NorfolkJim

It looked like a goal to me at the ground and at MOTD. If there was any push on Brede it was nothing to some of the contact he was making when defending in the box, so I was very surprised when it was ruled out. Still, thats the breaks and we've had precious few of those in 2010.
I guess the unpredictability of the ref adds a bit of spice to the game