more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First away win but

Started by The Swan, August 16, 2019, 09:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jeroen on August 16, 2019, 11:03:31 PM
Regardless if we were good or bad, regardless if they were bad...
We won against another team that got relegated last season!

7 points out of 3 games is a good tally - I can Only imagine what Huddersfield fans must be thinking!

Huddersfield Town are no mugs, it was a credible and important away win. Nevertheless, An interesting 7 points, that should put us top of the table, did we get the extra point for winning games back to back.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jeroen

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 17, 2019, 07:58:50 AM

7 points out of 3 games is a good tally - I can Only imagine what Huddersfield fans must be thinking!

Huddersfield Town are no mugs, it was a credible and important away win. Nevertheless, An interesting 7 points, that should put us top of the table, did we get the extra point for winning games back to back.

Haha poo, yeah maths was never my thing - drunken posting is not the way to go!

Pint I was trying to make was what you said 'Huddersfield are no mugs' they just got relegated as well, so we're in a similar position. As us at the beginning of the season, but we now have 6 points (yeah I know) and 2 good performances to kick us forward this season - they on the other hand....

I Ronic

No "buts" from me either. There were very strong signs that players are begining to click together and work for each other. There were some great passes into space for players to run onto, which they did perfectly and clever running off the ball by Bryan gave Cav the space to loop that ball into the far corner.
Away from home, wet Friday night, against a physical team with good home support and we still stuck to the plan and played good passing football.

Bassey the warrior

6 points.

hovewhite

As usual fans have conflicting views on here,you can't please everyone,but 3pionts is 3 points.coyw

SP

Quote from: RaySmith on August 17, 2019, 07:18:39 AM
From the away stand,the first half seemed pretty even to me, Hudds a threat, home fans very loud, though our away support, though quite a few gaps with the travel difficulties on a Friday night, was brilliant as usual, but the team stayed solid, playing it out from the back, even though it gave us near heart attacks at times, and upped it in the second half, and imposed themselves with real quality and determination.

But Hudds were definitely no pushovers.

Always better to hear from someone who actually attended the match. As usual, I thought the FFC fans were great throughout. Fair play to anyone that travels to Huddersfield on a Friday night.

filham

Huddersfield are not going to be a top six team and there is room for improvement in our team but we took three points from an away game which is an achievement and keeps us in the top half of the table.

A result like that in the remaining 21 away games and we will be thinking about promotion .

WindyCity

Quote from: Robbie on August 16, 2019, 10:49:06 PM
Watched the whole game. I think we were good and made Hudds look poor. Good signs for FFC.

Agreed FFC looked much better this game, particularly second half, but Hudd is a very poor team.  Agree with OP, this game shouldn't have been so close, and we could have walked away with only one point against a weak side if not for that great shot be Cav.  FFC still needs to do better on offense, and even though allowing only one shot on target (a goal) the whole game, I still think the defense needs improving.  Team does seem to be heading in the right direction though!

COYW!!!

Matt10

Our winner was scored from playing out the back FYI. Hudds didn't even touch the ball in that sequence.

Twig

Completely disagree with the OP and yes, we will play considerably worse teams than Huddersfield this season.

MrFFC

Huddersfield are no mugs they have some good players they will be mid table.
We played well there is no need to be negative we showed our quality & deserved the 3 points
Come on you Whites!! :)

Luka

I actually thought we made had work of finishing off an internally troubled Huddersfield side.
While I support  our perseverance of playing from the back, it will bite in the arse and very soon.
I'm happy that the back four that played last night are up to the task but Betts scares the Daylights out of me. He's slow in his decision making and his ball skills are very questionable.He is always just a moment away from disaster. A faster pressing side than Huddersfield will force errors from our keeper.
He needs to up his game big time or he will cost us dear in the end!!

Denver Fulham

We caught Huddersfield at a great time. There's a reason their manager was sacked moments after the final whistle. That said, we also deserve credit for grinding them down and dominating the second half.

Arter had a number of bad giveaways and also got bypassed in the buildup to their goal, but I have no complaints about him. The workrate and care factor is what we needed in that role. He seems to have KMac's mentality but is younger, more mobile, better, etc.

I do want to see more of Harrison Reid, though. He's a very solid player. StefJo's going to have to do more for me to stay in the XI.

Matt10

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 17, 2019, 11:22:00 PM
We caught Huddersfield at a great time. There's a reason their manager was sacked moments after the final whistle. That said, we also deserve credit for grinding them down and dominating the second half.

Arter had a number of bad giveaways and also got bypassed in the buildup to their goal, but I have no complaints about him. The workrate and care factor is what we needed in that role. He seems to have KMac's mentality but is younger, more mobile, better, etc.

I do want to see more of Harrison Reid, though. He's a very solid player. StefJo's going to have to do more for me to stay in the XI.

StefJo does a lot of the little things that we need. He also should've gotten an assist if Knock had finished his chance. Stef just hasn't got that freedom in Parker's system yet, but I do feel he is getting more comfortable.