https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steve Sessegnon

Started by Spirit of 2000, August 16, 2019, 09:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Great debut. My 2nd best player after Ream tonight

filham

So, who said we needed a right back, we have Christie, Odoi and Sess. to choose from.

KJS

Good performance by Steve Sessegnon especially after getting booked early on👍

The Cravenette

And Fossey in the wings too

bill taylors apprentice

Excellent game!

Loved the fact he had an early yellow card and it never phased him.

Also loved how he joined in the play in other areas of the pitch with confidence.

He may not have the eye for a goal his brother has but he may just turn out to be a better all round player?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 16, 2019, 09:56:06 PM
Excellent game!

Loved the fact he had an early yellow card and it never phased him.

Also loved how he joined in the play in other areas of the pitch with confidence.

He may not have the eye for a goal his brother has but he may just turn out to be a better all round player?

I only care about him being a better defender than his brother.   And Odoi.   And Christie.   

Assisting on a goal is great...but I want my fullback to defend first.   He looked pretty good doing just that.

Strong B+

howitis

Showed real promise and some lovely touches. Take a bow SS

Fernhurst

Spuds will need to spend 50 million to get this Sessegnon!!

Ha ha feeling great, won't sleep. The possibilities are endless with this bunch of lads.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

terryr

He will be gone in the January window
We are just a feeder club for the top 6
I think the academy makes us money when we sell these players but they have no loyalty to us so I have none to them

Robbie

Great .... strong and fast .. good ball control

Sting of the North

Quote from: TerryR on August 16, 2019, 10:21:24 PM
He will be gone in the January window
We are just a feeder club for the top 6
I think the academy makes us money when we sell these players but they have no loyalty to us so I have none to them

Ryan seemed to be more loyal than most, penned his first real contract when he was already a hot commodity, didn't push for a move after our promotion although his stock was sky high, and as far as we know did not in any way behave unprofessional at any point. We eventually got 120 games and 25+ million (and Onomah) out of him.

And Steven has already signed a 5 year contract. Not really sure what you are on about.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: filham on August 16, 2019, 09:53:58 PM
So, who said we needed a right back, we have Christie, Odoi and Sess. to choose from.

I was very pleased to see the performance from SS. Very concerned about the RB spot before tonight, now can see why the club opted not to bring anyone in. Hope Fossey and Drameh are able to match the hype with performance as well when it is their turn. Sess looked very comfortable and capable for a 1st time starter.

049:gif

Fulham1959

A very mature performance.  It's only one game, but maybe Tony Khan's interview 'revelations' will begin to make sense.

I would love to see, in due course, some 'humble pie' being eaten by some posters on here (re. the transfer window).

elgreenio

Very good performance though probably at fault for the goal? (Or we blaming Mawson?)

I wonder if it's his own intuition or Parker instructing him to come very narrow when we have the ball, ended up in defensive mid quite a lot tonight
touch my camera through the fence

Dr Quinzel

Played very well. It was Mawson who lost his man for the goal, not Sess

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Tabby

Quote from: elgreenio on August 16, 2019, 10:43:20 PM

I wonder if it's his own intuition or Parker instructing him to come very narrow when we have the ball, ended up in defensive mid quite a lot tonight

I have to assume that it was Parker instructing him to do so, he was even more central in the second half. Maybe clearing up more of the right side for Knockaert by pulling in their winger?

bigalffc

He's one of our own , come on Stevie Sess
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

70sPimlico

Quote from: elgreenio on August 16, 2019, 10:43:20 PM
Very good performance though probably at fault for the goal? (Or we blaming Mawson?)

Here's a thought, why dont we not blame anyone?

70sPimlico

V impressed. Not least with his confidence.

ByTheRiver

Superb tonight. Absolutely superb.