Main Menu

Steve Sessegnon

Started by Spirit of 2000, August 16, 2019, 09:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 16, 2019, 10:02:55 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 16, 2019, 09:56:06 PM
Excellent game!

Loved the fact he had an early yellow card and it never phased him.

Also loved how he joined in the play in other areas of the pitch with confidence.

He may not have the eye for a goal his brother has but he may just turn out to be a better all round player?

I only care about him being a better defender than his brother.   And Odoi.   And Christie.   

Assisting on a goal is great...but I want my fullback to defend first.   He looked pretty good doing just that.

Strong B+

Christie is the ideal 3rd choice right back.

I Ronic

I can't believe he's improved that much in the close season. I wonder if it was a deliberate decision not to give him a start at the end of last season so he wouldn't factor too strongly in his brothers transfer. Whereas Elliots debut was purely to raise his tribunal price, as the Club knew he was going?

FFCAli

Quote from: fulhamben on August 17, 2019, 11:26:40 AM
Not only did he play well, but he and knockaert linked up together superbly. It's like they have been playing together for years. Hope parker gives him a run of games, and then offers him a 5 year contract
I thought he'd only just signed a 5 year contract.  Certainly hope he gets a run of games.

Tabby

Quote from: FFCAli on August 17, 2019, 06:23:53 PM
Not only did he play well, but he and knockaert linked up together superbly. It's like they have been playing together for years. Hope parker gives him a run of games, and then offers him a 5 year contract
I thought he'd only just signed a 5 year contract.  Certainly hope he gets a run of games.
Current contract is until 2022 with an option to extend it for another year.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on August 17, 2019, 06:27:48 PM
Quote from: FFCAli on August 17, 2019, 06:23:53 PM
Current contract is until 2022 with an option to extend it for another year.
fantastic, for some reason I though he only signed a 2 year deal
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

terryr

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 16, 2019, 10:28:17 PM
Quote from: TerryR on August 16, 2019, 10:21:24 PM
He will be gone in the January window
We are just a feeder club for the top 6
I think the academy makes us money when we sell these players but they have no loyalty to us so I have none to them

Ryan seemed to be more loyal than most, penned his first real contract when he was already a hot commodity, didn't push for a move after our promotion although his stock was sky high, and as far as we know did not in any way behave unprofessional at any point. We eventually got 120 games and 25+ million (and Onomah) out of him.

And Steven has already signed a 5 year contract. Not really sure what you are on about.
With his brother at Spurs......?
Watch what a few starts and hype & adulation creates in terms of a " want away" mentality
The family are all Spurs now.
Fulham is a stepping stone.
We don't really mean anything to them.
The path is clear:
Get your game time and development at Fulham... then thanks and good bye
Roberts , Dembele, Elliot ,R Sess....
How many more examples do you need?
These are all recent examples.
Make them sign long term deals so we can at least make money or drop them from the squad so they don't get the hype!

Spirit of 2000

You know nothing of the Sessegnon family... I actually do and have family who have known them and all the brothers for years ... I find your comments disrespectful as well as inaccurate.

Sting of the North

Quote from: TerryR on August 17, 2019, 07:02:19 PM
[
Watch what a few starts and hype & adulation creates in terms of a " want away" mentality
The path is clear:
Make them sign long term deals so we can at least make money or drop them from the squad so they don't get the hype!

Dembele was snatched by us from France, so in your world he would have already been disloyal at that point I guess so why would he be loyal to us?

Both Ryan and Roberts were under contract. Roberts didn't even get into our team, and we choose to sell him and got a decent amount for him. Ryan signed for the maximum contract length when he turned 17. We opted to sell him this year because we received a fair amount. Neither player acted in any way unprofessional as far as I know. Do you expect them to stay at Fulham for their full career? Surely it has always been this way, with players like Haynes being the exception already back then?

How about the clubs loyalty? What about Kait and Thorsteinsson? They gave their all in the youth teams and the reserves as far as we know, why didn't Fulham show loyalty to them? Or Woodrow?

Also, do you actually believe that Steven will leave in January?

In short, I still don't understand your continued rant. Are you just angry because Elliott and Ryan left?

70sPimlico

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 17, 2019, 06:32:38 AM
Played well the lad did,but some over the top comments, outstanding and superb he was not.
"over the top comments"? From one of the leading members of the TK out brigade, who has spent the whole pre-season denigrating the club stating over and over again how bad our defence is and how Tony Khan is incompetent etc.

As debuts go, it was one of the most assured and confident I have seen. The people that matter also think he was outstanding and superb. Your opinion on the game, our players, coaches and the owners performance is just hot air.

He was outstanding and superb

toshes mate

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 17, 2019, 11:17:44 PM
As debuts go, it was one of the most assured and confident I have seen. The people that matter also think he was outstanding and superb. Your opinion on the game, our players, coaches and the owners performance is just hot air.
I'm not afraid to say all our opinions are water vapour and carbon dioxide aka hot air.  Plants thrive on it, and so does the planet, apparently.

Twig

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 17, 2019, 10:26:03 PM
Quote from: TerryR on August 17, 2019, 07:02:19 PM
[
The path is clear:

Dembele was snatched by us from France, so in your world he would have already been disloyal at that point I guess so why would he be loyal to us?

Both Ryan and Roberts were under contract. Roberts didn't even get into our team, and we choose to sell him and got a decent amount for him. Ryan signed for the maximum contract length when he turned 17. We opted to sell him this year because we received a fair amount. Neither player acted in any way unprofessional as far as I know. Do you expect them to stay at Fulham for their full career? Surely it has always been this way, with players like Haynes being the exception already back then?

How about the clubs loyalty? What about Kait and Thorsteinsson? They gave their all in the youth teams and the reserves as far as we know, why didn't Fulham show loyalty to them? Or Woodrow?

Also, do you actually believe that Steven will leave in January?

In short, I still don't understand your continued rant. Are you just angry because Elliott and Ryan left?

I completely agree. An unjustified attack on players and the Sess family.

terryr

Ok fine
I'm not attacking the family.
Yes if it's seen that way...
Correct.
Out of order
However...
Don't  you think Steve  doesn't want to join his brother?
We spend millions on an academy and most leave us as soon as brighter lights beckon.
Tell me how many of the big 6 actually play academy products?
Why do we bother?
Sess could have signed a contract extension.
He didn't and it wouldn't have done anything if he did other than give us more leverage.
He would still have been off and we would not have stood in his way.
We take a chance on young talent coming from our academy.
Chelsea don't
Spur don't .
Why do we bother.
We play them .
They leave.
Yes that annoys me.
But the real truth is it breaks my heart ... that translates into ill considered posts so...
Bottom line is I'm sorry .
For the original comment
For the fact our kids don't want to stay.

Levy screwed us leaving everything late.

FFC1987

Quote from: filham on August 16, 2019, 09:53:58 PM
So, who said we needed a right back, we have Christie, Odoi and Sess. to choose from.

I did. Based on Sess performance, we're good with Odoi and Steve to be honest. Hold my hands up on that one.

Finnans Right Peg

Its not just about him wanting to join his brother its about where will he get game time and that at the moment won't be  with spurs.

Every smaller club looses their best young players and the fees we get is what keeps smaller clubs going.

Ive no problem with ryan goin he gave his all while here got us a nice fee and possibly a good young player form spurs and he has gone to challenge for titles and play in the champions league if he was just after the money he could have went next year on a free for a big signing on fee .

Should we not just enjoy the good squad we have now and look forward to a good season

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: 70sPimlico on August 17, 2019, 11:17:44 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 17, 2019, 06:32:38 AM
Played well the lad did,but some over the top comments, outstanding and superb he was not.
"over the top comments"? From one of the leading members of the TK out brigade, who has spent the whole pre-season denigrating the club stating over and over again how bad our defence is and how Tony Khan is incompetent etc.

He was outstanding and superb

Think your getting a bit confused,I've never mentioned TK in any post...Idiot. :doh:

We Are Premier League

Can't wait to watch Steven when we play against Spurs next season, with his brother proudly watching him from the stands/bench...

086.gif

bigalffc

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 19, 2019, 09:08:51 AM
Can't wait to watch Steven when we play against Spurs next season, with his brother proudly watching him from the stands/bench...

086.gif
:plus one:
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

KeenCottager

A really decent debut.

I was worried after the early booking  but he played well, nice and composed (Why Hudds were not instructed to attack SS I do not know)

At times in the second half he appeared to be playing in midfield?