more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I read that Mitro is off the pace this season

Started by SP, August 17, 2019, 11:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

2 goals in 3 games suggests otherwise.

Laughable that some people are suggesting he should receive a ban, the WHU player punched the ball into our net last season & received no sanction.

rusty shackleford

I think its a tricky one with Mitro this year because of the way to 2 new wingers play. It means that Mitro is needed deeper to hold the ball up and lay it off to the faster advancing wingers. But then he doesnt really have the pace to get into the box and do what he does best. Pity we dont have 2 of him

General

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 17, 2019, 11:33:47 AM
I think its a tricky one with Mitro this year because of the way to 2 new wingers play. It means that Mitro is needed deeper to hold the ball up and lay it off to the faster advancing wingers. But then he doesnt really have the pace to get into the box and do what he does best. Pity we dont have 2 of him

Slightly confusing post. He's scored two goals from 3 games and has 14 in his last 17 championship games. Suggests to me that whatever he's doing is going to be OK.

Denver Fulham

Our wing players (and Joe Bryan) have missed Mitrovic for several tap-ins already this season, deciding instead to attempt low-chance shots. I assume that will be fixed as familiarity grows, but Mitro could easily have 4-5 goals already had his teammates picked their heads up. He's been wide open in some great positions. He's also gotten "stickier" with the ball since the Barnsley match, which has helped build attacks. He's also defending set pieces. He's doing just fine.

JoelH5

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 18, 2019, 05:31:00 PM

Our wing players (and Joe Bryan) have missed Mitrovic for several tap-ins already this season, deciding instead to attempt low-chance shots. I assume that will be fixed as familiarity grows, but Mitro could easily have 4-5 goals already had his teammates picked their heads up. He's been wide open in some great positions. He's also gotten "stickier" with the ball since the Barnsley match, which has helped build attacks. He's also defending set pieces. He's doing just fine.

A good assessment imo.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

fulhamben

in fairness, if Bryan had of scored that goal it would have been up for goal of the season. Must have been 40 passes in that build up, and he was in a good position to score
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Mitro is looking good to me and really we have no one who could possibly take his place so lets get right behind him.

MikeW

Couldn't agree more.  He has been well positioned for tap in's, whatever and the wide players have gone for impossible angles etc.  Even young Sess the other night - but understandable I guess.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Riverside

Quote from: filham on August 18, 2019, 07:19:56 PM
Mitro is looking good to me and really we have no one who could possibly take his place so lets get right behind him.

Agreed to like for like

If he was out who would you select ?

Reid
Kamara
Ayite
Fonte
Kebano

Are all options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatch007

Agreed to like for like

If he was out who would you select ?

Reid
Kamara
Ayite
Fonte
Kebano

Are all options

Reid for me. Aside from Mitro, the most natural finisher in the squad

Bill2

I think he is playing better than ever, the new pacy players are playing more forward and he is getting the ball and able to lay it off quicker. In my mind greatly improved and has been said 3 games 2 goals.

Sting of the North

I think he looks very good overall but a bit hesitant in several situations in the box, whereas in his first half season and his first few starts in the PL it looked like he could do nothing wrong whenever a scoring opportunity presented itself. Hopefully the two goals have given him some scoring confidence and he will keep banging them in.

toshes mate

He is the same potent goal scorer that he was when he first came here, and, if he was already up to speed and at his best would have had more goals under his belt.  Early into the season and yet still threatening to score even when very tightly marked.  What more could we want from a classy striker than what he promises us?

70sPimlico

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 19, 2019, 01:30:36 PM
I think he looks very good overall but a bit hesitant in several situations in the box, whereas in his first half season and his first few starts in the PL it looked like he could do nothing wrong whenever a scoring opportunity presented itself.

I agree with this 100% and it is very noticeable. I think this is more to do with the defenders standing off him a bit in his first season. They get very tight to him now. Clearly, he has been studied very closely. He really is an amazing striker to have and we are very lucky. Great that he loves the club.

Jim©

Much of the time he's occupying two centre backs, freeing up a lot of space out wide that both Knockaert and Cav can exploit. There was a moment 1st half on Friday when Mitro (back to goal) went to collect the ball just inside our own half, both CBs went to follow then hesitated, with the whole central section of the opposition half wide open.
Thought he's getting better as the game wear on...

fulhamfan

Quote from: toshes mate on August 19, 2019, 01:32:48 PM
He is the same potent goal scorer that he was when he first came here, and, if he was already up to speed and at his best would have had more goals under his belt.  Early into the season and yet still threatening to score even when very tightly marked.  What more could we want from a classy striker than what he promises us?
This. He is our most important player.

ffcne