watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Millwall and Forest games....

Started by Baston White, August 17, 2019, 05:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

Olde worlde advice,  take one game at a time.
IMO i will be thrilled if we beat millwall and worry about forrest then

Ps, 6 points better than 4, 4 better than 3, and two draws is less points than a win and defeat but not losing is better in my opinion at this early stage.

Fernhurst

Millwall playing the poor little underdog card up against the giant in the media.
They have started the season with two wins and a draw and will start on Tuesday night "Barnsley like" but with grown men trying to rip our midfield apart.
Huge battle that should leave our players exhausted after ninety minutes, let's hope their onslaught is finally overwhelmed by our skill and the 3 points are deposited in our bank.

Be ready boys, they will be trying desperately to get one of ours sent off.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rational Fan

Milwalls possession has ranged from 27% to 37% this season, so any reasonable estimate says we should have the ball for 60mins and they should have it for 30 minutes. We should be able to score 2 in 60 minutes of possession and conceeded one or less in 30 minutes.

I Ronic

Their possession rate is low but they've matched their opponents for shots won two and drew the other. It's going to be a real test Wednesday. We now have a stronger bench. I'd love another win but they'll be ready to grind out a draw or snatch a late winner hope I'm wrong.

Litrecola_

Home games are all 3 pts. I am not naive enough to think that it will play out that way but that is the mindset that the players should have no matter the competition.

Steven Ageroad

A quote from a Sunday papers report on Millwalls game yesterday " Millwall's calling card is crosses, crosses and more crosses onto the head of 6ft 6in Matt Smith". Best to get Odoi to man mark him then!

WindyCity

Quote from: davew on August 17, 2019, 05:33:03 PM
Nothing less than 6 points will do!!

I do agree with your sentiments, and for a team that has designs on top two, these two home games 'should' garner six points.  But, I still see holes, weaknesses, and growing pains, so, anything less than 4 points would be very disappointing.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: davew on August 17, 2019, 05:33:03 PM
Nothing less than 6 points will do!!

With our front line...expect nothing less.

But I'd be happy with 4 points in two games.

filham

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 18, 2019, 04:10:22 PM
A quote from a Sunday papers report on Millwalls game yesterday " Millwall's calling card is crosses, crosses and more crosses onto the head of 6ft 6in Matt Smith". Best to get Odoi to man mark him then!
Millwall will be well aware of our defensive weakness with crosses so we can be sure of their game plan and Smith would love a goal or two against us.

Fulham76

Quote from: filham on August 18, 2019, 07:15:57 PM
Millwall will be well aware of our defensive weakness with crosses so we can be sure of their game plan and Smith would love a goal or two against us.

Let's hope that SP knows what they know & knows how to stop it.

Mince n Tatties

No easy games in this league.
Did you watch on Quest,Forest were impressive in their 3-0 win over Brum.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 18, 2019, 07:29:03 AM
Quote from: Tempest on August 17, 2019, 05:09:19 PM
Depends, expecting top 2? Must be 6 points, play off place, 4 will do. Personally these are the games that we should win and help get as a team, we rely on individual brilliance at the moment so games against teams like this should suit us.

Sent from my SM-G960F using

Agreed, individual brilliance is great to watch but put up against Power, passion and teamwork a la Leeds it begins to fade.
We need to work, work, work on those additional attributes to make us a team to really fear.

This is why I'm glad we're playing Leeds fairly late. I fear they would beat us now, but in a few months...

FFC1987

Both hard games. Win both and you have to fancy us with momentum to keep going, 4 points, wouldn't frown at it but it would indicate we need to continuing to improve if we want to be top 2, anything less and we might need to dial down the enthusiasm from the last 2 games a bit I feel. Forest is the test for me. Win comfortably and I'm going to be riding the hype train.

Finnans Right Peg

I think lets win on wednesday and worry about whats after that .

But i would take 4 points home win and a draw against forest who look like they could do well

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 18, 2019, 09:59:02 AM
No less than 7 point's
......and if Mitro can get a couple of their players sent off as well 👍😂 🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

ChesterTheTabby

I would absolutely love 6, be happy with 4, content with 3.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Whitestone

Its a bit of a cliche but let's just take one game at a time and hope over the season we can accumulate an average of two points a game. If not fingers crossed for the play offs.

Nero

Quote from: SP on August 17, 2019, 05:24:25 PM
Millwall had a player sent off today which might help. Matt Smith returning so we know what to expect.

A nice meal with TC at some chic cozy restaurant

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on August 18, 2019, 07:15:57 PM

Maybe it's time for Fabri in goal.

Jimsbeerbelly

Going to go all out here and say, that we should be dispatching teams like Millwall at home, if we're aiming for the top 2. That's not being arrogant, and, that's not sayings it's going to be easy, however, if we're going to let a team who lumps it up to Matt Smith dominate us at the Cottage, then, well..

We'll be vulnerable at set pieces, however, it's not as if any of the guys haven't played with Matt Smith before, and know his strengths/weaknesses, he usually starts to blow around the 65 min mark, and if we keep it on the floor, we should just have enough.