watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- The Championship

Started by bog, August 18, 2019, 08:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

The Premiership is no doubt a well watched division all round the globe. I was proud to see us qualify to play up there but what an elitist place it is. Elitist for those who wish to do so with success must have megga bucks. The Championship is a far more realistic league with the third highest level of attendances in Europe. We have all now played 3 games and when looking at the table the top 12 clubs could all have chance of promotion. Norwich and Sheff United surprised many last season. That is what makes the league so interesting.  Above us in the prem it will be out of 2 to win the title and we all know who they are.

Thank you and good night 

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Whitestone

Agree. The Championship is a great league because generally results aren't quite so predictable as they are in the Premier League. That said I'd rather we were in the Prem. Preferably with some parity around financial fair play giving all a fair crack at the title !

bog

What really annoys me is that the BBC and ITV ignore the Championship. Prefer to fawn about the big boys. Mind you the Quest channel does do its best.

I saw that United's McTomalty was interviewed on Football Focus last Saturday. Although Ryan Sess arrived in the Prem with masses of awards in the Championship was he ever interviewed early int season? No.

Thank you and good morning 

092.gif 

filham

The Championship is a good league but yes, the media focus, TV and press, is almost solely on the Premier League so I want us to get back there as soon as ever possible.

Tabby

The prem would probably be more even if the three best teams left the league every year.

grandad

Time to form a European Super League. Let the big money clubs fight among themselves until the bubble bursts. The remaining clubs can play on a more level playing field. FFP needs a complete overhaul.
Where there's a will there's a wife

bobby01

Quote from: grandad on August 19, 2019, 11:42:32 AM
Time to form a European Super League. Let the big money clubs fight among themselves until the bubble bursts. The remaining clubs can play on a more level playing field. FFP needs a complete overhaul.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

ffcne

Quote from: bog on August 19, 2019, 08:37:11 AM
What really annoys me is that the BBC and ITV ignore the Championship. Prefer to fawn about the big boys. Mind you the Quest channel does do its best.

I saw that United's McTomalty was interviewed on Football Focus last Saturday. Although Ryan Sess arrived in the Prem with masses of awards in the Championship was he ever interviewed early int season? No.

092.gif

Makes me laugh on BBC Sport website always has Scottish Premier League
as a preference over English Championship ,laughable.

bog

Quote from: ffcne on August 19, 2019, 05:30:01 PM
Quote from: bog on August 19, 2019, 08:37:11 AM

092.gif

Makes me laugh on BBC Sport website always has Scottish Premier League
as a preference over English Championship ,laughable.

That always winds me up also!  :031: