more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Next 5 League Games.

Started by FFC1987, August 24, 2019, 10:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 14, 2019, 02:55:35 PM
Another home game, another draw.....Not looking pleasant. Afraid to say it but I don't think Scotty was ready for this task. This squad absolutely has to be doing better.

In recent years, one thing that's consistently worked out worse for us than having a poor manager is sacking him and having a new manager

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on September 15, 2019, 12:07:09 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 14, 2019, 02:55:35 PM
Another home game, another draw.....Not looking pleasant. Afraid to say it but I don't think Scotty was ready for this task. This squad absolutely has to be doing better.

In recent years, one thing that's consistently worked out worse for us than having a poor manager is sacking him and having a new manager

I'm not advocating sacking Scott, I just think with hindsight, he could be the wrong appointment. I've done a longer post on why in the Scott thread, but the long and short is, love the way he conducts himself, love the way he wants us to play but the results just haven't been good enough so we'll have to see by Xmas. As someone else mentioned, one game at a time but prior games have been poor really so a lot could be rising on this next game.

FFC1987

Another fixture, another toothless draw. Not looking good at all. 3 points from last 4 and I don't see it changing much. Sad really. Currently 12th, 5 points from automatic, 3 points from playoffs. Not good enough, no where near good enough.

FFC1987

2 games on and 6 points. Much, much better. 4th, one point off automatic, 2 points from top, and in with a massive pack of teams fighting for playoff positions. Next 3 games could really set us on a path for top 2 with Charlton, Luton and Stoke! Onwards and upwards.

filham

So good to be back in the top six and obviously in the promotion race but wow it is all so tight, just four points separating the ten top teams.
The six pointer against Charlton on Saturday is going to be exciting, a win could just take us to the top of the table if other results went our way.

Spirit of 2000

Very happy about the progress. Wigan & Reading, yes poor sides relatively, but you can only beat what is in front of you and part of why they looked so poor was how we played. Genuinely think the introduction of Stef Jo cannot be underestimated. He makes us more dynamic & links us from defence to attack in transition a lot quicker. For me he should now be a regular starter. You can only play one of Arter or Harrison Reed together in the same midfield, no matter how good both may be. Overall we are starting to see instances of quicker transition, movement, switching of play etc - and whilst it's not perfect, it is recognisably getting progressively better. We need to maintain the improvement  & not revert to the over slow & too deliberate stuff. Whilst I've had criticism for Parker and how we played until the last couple of games, I've also sustained that I enjoy possession football played correctly and wanted SP to succeed. Things are going the right way. COYW!!