watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betts is shocking

Started by DevonFFC, September 14, 2019, 02:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

By the way rodak was the keeper for Rotherham last season - 83 goals conceded and relegated from this league

Just saying

Tabby

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 14, 2019, 04:14:43 PM
By the way rodak was the keeper for Rotherham last season - 83 goals conceded and relegated from this league

Just saying

And Bettinelli couldn't even make it as a starter for a team that conceded 81 goals in 10 fewer games and got relegated.

Just saying 086.gif

Tooting legend

Quote from: Statto on September 14, 2019, 03:29:03 PM
Betts is a legend but if he starts the next match it will be an insult to Rodak and the rest of the squad.
He's not a legend far from it that word is used to loosely

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on September 14, 2019, 03:29:03 PM
Betts is a legend but if he starts the next match it will be an insult to Rodak and the rest of the squad.

He's not even close to being a legend.

Fernhurst

My post on The Transfer Window thread from 5 day's ago.

f we are in the top 6 or better when the next window opens and are flirting with the Premier League again.

Not a decision taken lightly,but, we require a huge upgrade in the keeper postion

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

love4ffc

Missed the game this morning.   Look forward to watching it and seeing just how bad things are as everything seems gloom and doom according to everyone.   
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Luka

Betts is rightly getting slaughtered on here today.
I totally agree with whats been said he's not up to standards and he should be dropped now.
However he didn't cost us two points on his own. With the possession we had and the chances we missed, we should have hammered Albion today by three at least.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 14, 2019, 04:14:43 PM

Just saying

Yes and Rotherham were favourites to go down because they were rubbish, and his performances meant it was far less than it could've been

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on September 14, 2019, 04:52:26 PM
Missed the game this morning.   Look forward to watching it and seeing just how bad things are as everything seems gloom and doom according to everyone.   

No gloom and doom I don't think, more frustration and disappointment, which is born out of three salient points that should have been avoided.
1) The Result, we had enough possession and opportunities to win three games.
2) The unfortunate error by Betts that you should only see on a Sunday morning in Division 9. It cost us 2 points.
3). The fact that after all the good work and entertaining football in the first 65 minutes, we then surrender the tempo to Albion, our Application is reduced to a team you don't recognise from the team that took the lead, and to compound the situation, we sit back and lose territory and ambition, and invite them into our final third. It's football suicide.
When things are not going your way, you need a Captain that will inspire and grab the players by the scruff of the neck and say not one step back. But it's not just the fault of the Captain who is no more a Captain than Bert & Ernie are. But he has very few Lieutenants either to back him. That part of Fulhams game falls short of what is acceptable from any manager's point of view. Which is a shame because our passing movements are sublime, and our football and system of play is entertaining and easy on the eye.
Then we spoil it by not getting the basics right.
Having said that, it's a few levels up from the dirge that was dished out last season from players who were only here for their salaries, and couldn't care less.
So I am grateful that we have discarded the Deadwood and the Dogends, whether sold or on loan away in another country,  I don't want to see them in a Fulham shirt again either.
As for the current players that's more like it, they are playing for each other and show more commitment, so I am fairly happy, just annoyed that we could not finish them off, when we should have done.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Had we taken half of our first half chances the single goal that Betts let in would be of no consequence.

Cairney's early miss was terrible, is anyone calling for his head.

Andy S

Totally agree the witch hunts on here are scandalous. I hope Betts retains his place as will most of the players

Deeping_white

Quote from: Andy S on September 14, 2019, 06:02:37 PM
Totally agree the witch hunts on here are scandalous. I hope Betts retains his place as will most of the players

The thing is though, it isn't a witch hunt. It's two obvious errors in two games that have cost us 4 points. If he does it as a one off then fair enough, but twice in two matches is a pattern that we can't afford if we want to go up automatically. Much is made of our defence being allegedly suspect but we restricted them to two speculative efforts on target that anyone could've saved because they were from long distance, and then the glaring error from Betts that resulted in them scoring. If he retains his place then he will cost us more points, think back to last summer when Fabri was given 45 minutes before people wanted his head on a pike, Betts still has people defending him when he's literally giving goals away.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on September 14, 2019, 06:02:37 PM

Witch hunt...????
How many times have you slagged Christie off?

love4ffc

Betts apologizes on Instagram, "apologies to the fans and the boys for the mistake 2nd half.   The boys deserved all 3 points today.   Onto next week to put things right. "
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Chesh

I remember back to the 15/16 season when he was all over the place during that end of season 4-3 win against Boro, and other games like Charlton away when he was appealing for offside as the Charlton player nipped in for the equaliser. The simple fact is that Bettenelli has never been a strong, reliable keeper and never will be. Its the club's fault though for never replacing him with an outright no. 1 years ago.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: filham on September 14, 2019, 05:56:42 PM
Had we taken half of our first half chances the single goal that Betts let in would be of no consequence.

Cairney's early miss was terrible, is anyone calling for his head.

It's not just today. He makes us weaker every week.

Southcoastffc

Betts is not THE reason we dropped 2 points today.  TC missed a sitter; Mitro headed over from a reasonably straightforward 2nd half chance; Cav and Knocky didn't do themselves justice.  We win together, lose together and draw together.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Tabby on September 14, 2019, 04:14:06 PM
Is there anything that Betts can do to warrant dropping him? He has to face around 3 shots per game, he can't make much more than one mistake per game by any reasonable measure.

plus about 50 back passes, with a chance to then misplace a pass - which he didn't.

But, I agree - the goal was his fault.

Woolly Mammoth

If Betts starts the next match I will have no problem with that, as he knows the error he made and will be determined to make up for it, sometimes it can be character building. It's times like this when it's one for all, and all for one.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

BarryP

The difference in today's match was goalkeeping.  Decordova-Reid could have easily had a couple today but West Brom's keeper made some really nice saves on chances that could have put the match away.  Betts had a fairly routine opportunity slip past him and Fulham paid the price.  Every match is made of moments that fans focus on.  This is going to be one of those moments for Betts and he's had a few negative ones recently. If he stays in goal he's going to need some positive moments to change the way fans see him.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."