watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harry Arter ban?

Started by jarv, September 15, 2019, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Did he miss 2 games? Why, it was 2 yellows so should have been 1 game.

filham

Arter has only missed the West Brom game and I am expecting him to play against Wednesday next week.

The Rational Fan

According to transfermarkt, Arter had a one game ban, and is back for Sheffield Wednesday.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-fulham/ausfallzeiten/verein/931

Peabody

Have to say, that Harrison Reed did have a decent game on Saturday.

Woolly Mammoth

No reason why we cannot play both of them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCAli

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 16, 2019, 11:15:20 AM
No reason why we cannot play both of them.
So....the 2 of them plus Cairney in midfield?  We did that at Cardiff and I can see it might work away but I'd like to feel we were more offensively minded at home.

Spirit of 2000

Artur and Reed are both capable of breaking forward and both have been referred to more as box to box than holding midfielders. Bobby Reid is no central midfielder, in fact it's hard to see how he fits into the system we play.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on September 16, 2019, 12:36:46 PM
Artur and Reed are both capable of breaking forward and both have been referred to more as box to box than holding midfielders. Bobby Reid is no central midfielder, in fact it's hard to see how he fits into the system we play.

It seems Bobby Reid's role overlaps with Tom Cairney, can they play in the same team?

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2019, 12:40:21 PM

It seems Bobby Reid's role overlaps with Tom Cairney, can they play in the same team?

Agree - Reid is to me a no.10. If you want to go more attacking then play him there and you have to drop TC deep - but sacrifice Harrison Reed probably to do that, would that work? Occasionally maybe, though not often. 

Sting of the North

They played just fine two days ago, so I would say that they can.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 16, 2019, 01:11:31 PM

Really? TC was ok - not outstanding. Reid was ok 1st half and totally anonymous 2nd half & was one of the biggest factors in us getting over-run in the last 25 mins.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on September 16, 2019, 01:16:31 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 16, 2019, 01:11:31 PM

Really? TC was ok - not outstanding. Reid was ok 1st half and totally anonymous 2nd half & was one of the biggest factors in us getting over-run in the last 25 mins.

I believe TC was basically outstanding at least for the first hour. Reid also played his part in us totally dominating one of the strongest promotion candidates for most of the game and was unlucky not to score at least one goal. Just because they weren't great for the full game surely doesn't necessarily mean that they cannot play together.

Woolly Mammoth

There is too much dissecting of performances down to the final detail. If we had won, would the same comments be made, and the same criticism.
As I have often said, the first 90 minutes are the most important. So it's impossible to dominate for 90 minutes, the other team will have spells of playing well. The object of the exercise is to score when we are on top, as goals change games.
What also does not help is that currently this team and the defence seem to always have a mistake in them waiting to happen, and that is a genuine cause for concern.
Having said that,  look at Arsenal and City at the weekend both making errors that would shame a Sunday morning team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jarv