more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackali7

fulhamhooligan

Hello All I have just joined this Forum as a result of the FB Group - my name is Scott & I live in Adelaide, Australia.

In April 1998, my wife & I moved to London to live, as I had just completed my Uni Degree as a Mature Age Student.

3 Days after arriving (Easter Sunday) I was standing outside Earls Court Tube Station @ around 7:30am & 'bumped into' 2 x Blokes wearing B&W Scarves - they had been to a 'lock in' @ The Pharaoh & Firkin Pub in Putney Bridge & were on their way home.
I mention their names because many on here may know them: Ferret & Orm

Initially, I assumed they were Newcastle Fans (as the Gordies has played The Arse @ Highbury, the day before).
When they told me they were FFC Fans, I said: "Who? You mean the team Terry from 'Minder' supports?"

I asked how I could get to a match & they said "We" play @ home tomorrow, if you meet us at the Pub, you can come with us.
So I turned up Easter Monday for a home match v Carlisle: Stood with them @ the Hammy End & 5 - nil to The Fulham!
I was 'sold' & would now be Fulham 4 Life.

The season ended with FFC making the Play Offs but going out in the 1st Round.
I then attended a 'Fans Trip' to the Isle of White in the Off Season & returned for 'The Keegan Era' - What fun was had on that Cup Run; away trips to The Dell, Villa Park & Old Trafford ... not to mention Liverpool in the League Cup (staying in a Hostel at the back of Anfield) & scoring 100+ points for the Season & winning the League.

We then got pregnant with my son Oscar (that's him in front row, 2nd from the right in my Profile Pic - FFC pre season in Melbourne with 'Woy', he walked out with Bobby Z) & we had to return to Oz  :012: because we couldn't afford to live in London on a single wage.

I returned (on my own) briefly in Jan '03 to see us play in the Top Flight (staying with Ferret - who is Oscar's God Father BTW) & fortunately saw Louis Saha play v Everton @ Loftus Rd (one of his last matches for FFC thanks to 'Purple Head' putting untold Media pressure on him via The Sun). He, Simon Morgan & Chris Colemann are my favorite all time players for FFC (I never saw Haynes, obviously or Robson or Best).

I was so fortunate to meet the NEC Njimegen Fans (in particular Frans & Twan) after that match too in The Golden Lion Pub - which gave me another Club to follow in another European League - Ferret & I went over to Njimegen for a 'tour' of their ground, a couple of days later.

Oscar & I watch most matches on Foxtel here in Oz & I will be taking him to The Cottage (& NEC) ASAP - when I can scrounge the finances together! He is also under strict instructions upon my death: Buy 2 x Business Class Tickets to London - via Melbourne.

He is to scatter 1/2 of 'me' on the MCG (we are huge Cricket Fans & go The Ashes Boxing Day Test every tour - Ferret too has been out here for 2 of them, including when you last won  :031:   :046: ... Oscar & I were there this time too (err, 5 - nil)) & the other 1/2 of my remains are to be scattered @ the Hammersmith End of Craven Cottage!

There are only 4 things that matter in my life: My Football Club, My 2 Children & My Wife - in THAT order  049:gif
#Fulham4Life #There is only ONE Simon Morgan  :Haynes The Maestro:
Dodgey Keeper... Dodgey Keeper

PakistaniWhites

My name is komail and i m from Pakistan. This is my first year as fulham fan, quite a tense season so far for me as for first time i support a team which will fighting for relegation(i hope fulham can make it).  my favourite players in the team is holtby n ashkam dejagah.

:047:

DutchCottager

I'm Twan. I live in the Netherlands and I'm a Fulham fan for about 6 years. My first game at the Cottage was against Villa, a few years ago. Now, I try to visit Fulham a few times per season. I really love our stadium, and the club itself seems like a big family. My favourite players are probably Holtby, Dejagah and Stockdale.

Shredhead

Quote from: PakistaniWhites on April 18, 2014, 07:53:08 AM
My name is komail and i m from Pakistan. This is my first year as fulham fan, quite a tense season so far for me as for first time i support a team which will fighting for relegation(i hope fulham can make it).  my favourite players in the team is holtby n ashkam dejagah.

Asalaam Mulekam, Komail. My wife's family are from Pakistan and my daughter (surname Coleman-Khan) is a season ticket holder. It's good to see someone from Pakistan supporting Fulham?
Why do you support us?
What teams are popular in Pakistan?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Artful Dodger

Dodger here.....real name Jason and now living just South of Leeds in West Yorkshire.

Having a Dad in the RAF for the first 15 years of my life and moving every 2-3 years meant I didn't really have a team when I was young, although we lived in Naples for 3 years when I was 8-11 years old and the San Paulo was the first stadium I ever went to (first proper match was England v Spain in Euro '80) and Rudi Kroll, the Dutch CB, was my first hero as he played for Napoli at the time.

When I was a teenager we moved to Bracknell and my Dad who was born in Shepherds Bush and used to watch Fulham as teenager himself finally took us to watch Fulham - probably 1987 and 1st round FA Cup match v Colchester (I think) which we lost 1-0 of course but that was it....I had found my team and over the next couple of years we went regularly.

I headed off to Liverpool Uni in 1989 and did the North West away games which was fun (was it nose that mentioned Roger the TOOFIF seller - used to know him) then in 1992 got a job over in Yorkshire and have lived here ever since. The early 90's were fun for watching Fulham - did all the Northern away days at shite decrepit stadiums with about 50 away fans and then suddenly turned up at Mansfield in 1996 and only just manage to get it in!

I now have 2 daughters and the youngest who's 12 is a fully fledged member of the FFC family (the eldest took to music rather than football!) and has started coming to games. We are taking solace from our relegation from the fact we can look forward to many games within easy reach of here.

And I can recommend a night out in Leeds if anyone fancies it!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

PakistaniWhites

Quote from: Shredhead on April 27, 2014, 08:30:40 PM
My name is komail and i m from Pakistan. This is my first year as fulham fan, quite a tense season so far for me as for first time i support a team which will fighting for relegation(i hope fulham can make it).  my favourite players in the team is holtby n ashkam dejagah.

Asalaam Mulekam, Komail. My wife's family are from Pakistan and my daughter (surname Coleman-Khan) is a season ticket holder. It's good to see someone from Pakistan supporting Fulham?
Why do you support us?
nice to hear that :) I like fulham bcz zesh rehman played for(He is Pakistani National Football Player) and now also bcz owner is Pakistani so there is my country identity in pl in some way. many like now fulham bcz of same reasons, there was quite a news coverage when fulham relegated and i m sure it helped adding local fan base for fulham.
generally here people like man city, arsenal, liverpool,man utd and fulham fans r also creasing day by day.

your wife is Pakistani! u r native english? or from some place else?

nice to meet you :))

Syd Cupp

Hello All,

First post on the Friends Of Fulham Forum my Names Syd Cupp from errr ... Sidcup (What a coincidence).

Im a season ticket holder in the H3 section of the Hammersmith End.
Been a Supporter since my Dad made me watch Fulham v Plymouth on August 19th 1975 0-0 (Thanks Dad . .!!).

I look forward to join in with discussions on the forum whether agreeing or not on some of thoughts.

Cheers

Syd

Shredhead

Quote from: PakistaniWhites on May 08, 2014, 10:30:27 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on April 27, 2014, 08:30:40 PM

Why do you support us?
nice to hear that :) I like fulham bcz zesh rehman played for(He is Pakistani National Football Player) and now also bcz owner is Pakistani so there is my country identity in pl in some way. many like now fulham bcz of same reasons, there was quite a news coverage when fulham relegated and i m sure it helped adding local fan base for fulham.
generally here people like man city, arsenal, liverpool,man utd and fulham fans r also creasing day by day.

your wife is Pakistani! u r native english? or from some place else?

nice to meet you :))
I'm glad you didn't say Pakistanis like Chelsea! And its good that Fulham are becoming more popular in Pakistan even though we were relegated. Congratulations on choosing Fulham as your team.
My wife's family are from (north) Pakistan. She was born in London. I'm a gora English.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

TrexFFC

Hello all.

My name is Tim and I'm from the US. I became a fan this season and my favorite player to watch was Dejagah.  I know that we have good young prospects coming up into the first team so I look forward to being in the Championship this year. Hopefully we can get promotion and get back into the Premier League again!

XXI

Hi,

I'm Yigit and I'm from Turkey. I was born in Hounslow, but my family decided to move back to Turkey 2 months after I was born. I've been a Fulham fan for approximately 14 years.

AussieVillan

Hi guys, actually an Aussie Aston Villa supporter but have always had a soft spot for Fulham because of the Australian connection with Schwarzer. Now you guys have signed Adam Taggart and possibly Jason Davidson I'm sure I'll be keeping my eyes on your results from oz again. They might not quite be there yet but in my opinion you've got two very bright young talents there. Jason still makes the odd mistake but as a defender at his age he is still learning and the good thing is he doesn't often make the same mistake twice. Adam has made very strong progress the last 12 months and is a genuine goal poacher, good runs, high work rate and excellent composure in front of goal. He would be the front runner to take up the Aussie striking role (with Robbie Kruse) when Cahill retires and if you give him service he WILL score goals for you. Best of luck for the season and a bounce back up into the prem.

Berserker

Hi there Aussie Villan, welcome. We all loved Schwarzer, great goalie. Be good to have snother Australian in our team again.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Paul the Jambo

I am a Hearts fan moving to London on account of my career (I have travelled internationally quite a bit with my role and I'm looking forward to my London gig) .  I have seen Fulham play at some of the bigger prem teams but I have never been to craven cottage.  The Millwall game will be my first.  I am hoping this forum will help connect me to the fans community.  For me, football is more than the actual 90 mins.  It's about pre-post match real ales (IPAs being my fav), meeting new people, having a spot of decent lunch before the game, banter etc etc.  As a kid I loved the Sweeney and when George Cater mentioned Fulham I was intrigued.  As a wee boy from Falkirk the name Fulham sounded exotic to me.  Hence my soft spot.  I also have an Edinburgh mate who went to Fulham as part of a corporate event and said that the fans were really decent. So, hope to engage with some of you soon when the season kicks off.  BTW nice to see our new Scottish striker sign for Fulham.  A wee gem of a player.  cheers !

rweller86

Hi all, been a long time reader, finally joined the forum :)

I am from Hertfordshire, born and bred, but my family moved out from Fulham in the early 80s.

My first Fulham game was in the 90s when we were still in the bottom tier and have supported them ever since.

The new season will be my 4th as a season ticket holder since I graduated from Uni. Last season I started to go to more away games and hoping to get to even more this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

jags24

Hi, I'm Jamie, an American here.  Yeah, there's a lot of Americanos who like the Whites.  I saw a match at the Cottage (two, in fact) a couple years ago and that's what did it.  I fell in love on my walk down the Riverside.

It's a beautiful stadium, mercifully liberated from the Michael Jacko statue, even if that has brought us bad luck, I will accept it as the price to be paid.  Horrible timing on becoming a fan since I watched almost all the matches last year.

YankeeJim

Quote from: jags24 on July 17, 2014, 06:45:52 PM
Hi, I'm Jamie, an American here.  Yeah, there's a lot of Americanos who like the Whites.  I saw a match at the Cottage (two, in fact) a couple years ago and that's what did it.  I fell in love on my walk down the Riverside.

It's a beautiful stadium, mercifully liberated from the Michael Jacko statue, even if that has brought us bad luck, I will accept it as the price to be paid.  Horrible timing on becoming a fan since I watched almost all the matches last year.

Jamie, post your bio on the Finster & exiles board where the rest of the yanks, expatiates & the odd Aussie (aren't they all? LOL) hang out. There is a thread about a meet up in Jacksonville for the match against DC United. We have a dozen or better that are showing up. Be great to see you there.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

greek_coyw

Hello guys! Time for me to introduce myself!

My name is Manos and i live in Athens, Greece
The team I support since a child is Olympiakos and for the last 3 years my favorite player is Mitroglou
I joined the forum some months ago to see how people will "react" to such a transfer and in the following months I got a feeling that Fulham fans are somehow special.

I  like your attitude on the team and on football and I will be glad to be under the same "flag" with you!
I started reading parts of the history, i try to find people to watch the games with and i hope that i will get to see at least a game this season inside the Craven Cottage (if i get an internship first somewhere in the UK)

Cheers!

FulhamStu

I am Stuart Roberts - 58 year old 4th generation Fulham fan now retired with a Small holding in the South Shropshire Hills.   Went to games in the 60's then 70's with the Thames Bank Travellers and did all games home and away for a good few seasons.   Married with 2 sons (both Fulham), one who is a real singer at games. Have had more lows than highs supporting this club, but the highs are so worth all the pain.  Never expect too much which helps but always glass half full.  Have met some great Fulham fans via forums, incl many of the exiles when I lived in the USA (4 years).   Still take my 80 plus year old Dad to games, often with son in tow as well.   

DagenhamDan

Hello, I am Danny, 38, from Dagenham and previously from Ealing.  I first saw the mighty Fulham in the early 80s, taken by my Dad and I got addicted.  Through the 80s I watched us now and again but it wasnt till I was around 15 and living in Waltham Abbey that I started to watch more and more.  Enjoying the lower leagues and meeting some great friends along the way and travelling the country with them.

As we became more succesful I introduced work mates to the club and met a good few new friends and spent most Saturday's drinking in Putney before watching the whites and then going back to the pubs and clubs before playing for the legendary PSV Putney on a Sunday morning!

I enjoyed the ride to the Premier League but got bored after a couple of years as it was clear we wouldnt succeed so I started to watch COnference and League two football at my new home of Dagenham.  The Europa league run was a great distraction from the predictable PL and now this season offers up hope of more exciting and worrying times but certainly something to be an active part of again!