https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobsfulham

Hi I'm Bob,

Born in Munster Road Fulham in 1946.
My dad used to have a Greengrocery business in Fulham Place Road for many years.
When I was a lad I used to go with my dad and brother to watch Fulham at the cottage on the occasional Saturday.
Being born in Fulham I have always followed the team even though Stamford bridge is probably closer to where I was born!!
RWT - Always Look On the Bright Side of Life!!

premFlem

Pete Flemming I come from a divided family my wife and daughter are chelsea fans,  me and my boy are Fulham.
36 years a Fulham supporter debut in 1978  roughly 1200 appearances all 4 divisions, visited most league grounds
greenpole boy through and through.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Burt

Berserker

Ah I thought you were from Belgium ;- )
Welcome anyway
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Black and White Town

Hello!

I'm not a hardcore lifetime fan.
I was never massively into football as a boy, so never had a club that I would say I supported.
When I got interested in football as an adult, I would watch the games for their own sake, but not particularly support a specific team.

Then I happened to move to about 200m from Craven Cottage for a couple of years in my 20s, and from then I'd say that although you still couldn't class me as a fan, I had an affinity for Fulham and would want them to win.

Anyway, when I met my now wife, it turned out that her Dad was a lifelong Fulham fan, so I guess that sealed it. I came to see a few matches with him.

My son is now 6, and has got into football in a massive way in the last couple of years. Good timing for him to support Fulham, right!!
Oh well, disappointment is a valuable lesson to teach kids.

Anyway, that's me, hello everyone.

We all came up to watch the Blackburn match last Saturday.

FFCBerks

Good afternoon all, Wayne here. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. In fact I was guided here by my dad, bigalffc, who it seems has way too much time on his hands...

Like father like son - Fulham through and through though dad has had to remind me that I was not able to switch allegiance during some of the 'darker' times. We moved around a fair bit but Dad made sure we got to the Cottage as often as possible, even when we were based up on the north coast of Wales.

My first game was an away trip in May '83 to see, unfortunately, El Tel's boys run rings around us on their plastic pitch. Not the perfect start, but things got better. On my 10th birthday, 7th Jan 1984, dad took me and my school mates to the Cottage to see Fulham play Spurs in the 3rd round of the FA cup. Tucked away, up under the roof, we couldn't see the electronic scoreboard wish me and Malcolm Macdonald a happy birthday so my Uncle dashed down to make sure it was read out over the tannoy! Whilst I don't remember much of the game I do remember my supposedly vegan friend, Ananda, demolish two hot dogs having made us promise not to tell his Mum! By chance I have the programme in my desk at work. Thirty years later I'm still saving up for the SABA Ultracolour tv (a brand which obviously failed to catch on), a Panasonic VHS with 14 day programme function (woohoo!) and the Daihatsu Charmant 1300CL 5 Speed which looks like it has been made out of Duplo, by a three year old.

COYW!

ffcjohnnyf

Hi Everyone. I was born in Hammersmith, near a famous football club by the River Thames. Lived in Ealing for about 25 years and went to school in East Acton, surrounded by filth and bitters.

My Dad, god bless him, played for Fulham juniors, as did his brother. I regularly attended from my early teens to mid 20's , standing in the Hammersmith End, not far from the Green Pole, but then I moved with my job to the Midlands and then overseas to work.

I was at the Cup final in '75 and at Hamburg a few years ago. Would be nice for us to win something, but we all know that's not what it's all about at Fulham and being Fulhamish!

Have been living in Spain on the Costa Blanca for over 12 years now. Don't get back to the UK very often, but my love of FFC hasn't diminished one bit, despite being surrounded here by glory hunters from various other teams....filth, plod, arse etc. Have mainly used another FFC message board, bet you can guess, but sick of the trolls, wums and general decline of the board and its negativity. Not a hugely regular poster, but an avid reader of  decent FFC posts.

Looking forward to a better experience on FOF!

¡Hasta luego y COYW!!  :008:

ffcjohnnyf
VIVA EL FULHAM!

rubbernecca

Hello,

I've had the bad timing of becoming a Fulham supporter 5 years ago. I'm from the US and live in Fulham and could never support the other club in Fulham. I believe that a club picks you as much as you pick a club. I'm Fulham for life! My young sons don't understand this loyalty, but they're Fulham for life as well!

I've learned a lot from this forum so I decided that I should join instead of just lurking. Hopefully Khan reads it as well. This really is the heart of the club. The fans are only constant for a club - owners, management and players all change.

I also believe that money is ruining football and that financial fair play is the biggest bunch of BS ever. It just keeps the rich teams rich. The strange thing about Fulham right now is that we have a billionaire owner that keeps talking about financial fair play but not to his advantage! Just another part of the top down cluelessness currently at the club. This forum is the only way to stay halfway sane!

COYW!

Burt

Welcome to you all  :clap_hands:

The Footy Diary

I'm Steve, a season ticket holder at Crewe Alexandra and lead writer for The Footy Diary.
Head Writer for The Footy Diary

colcliff

saw my first Fulham game at Craven Cottage 1959-60 season just 5 years old
never looked back
most of my mates were Chelsea Fans and we all went 1 week Fulham 1 week Chelsea  till in early 1970s had a row with them and told them i would only go to Stamford bridge if Fulham were playing there and so far I have managed to stick to it
worked as a physiotherapist in amateur  junior and league football for 30 years, came out of pro football a couple  years ago and now work with disabled children
Don't get to as many games as I would like now
but never used to miss a match

Scorpio

Good idea and enjoyed reading your post. My first game at the Cottage was back in the late 1980's when Ivor the Engine scored in a 5-3 win over Lincoln I think?
I was working for LBC then when it had a sports desk. The Cottage and Fulham since put a 'spell on me' and I have been going off and on ever since. I am from Leicester originally. Best days without a doubt was Keegan rucking up at the Cottage like one strange and surreal dream after Fayed takeover ..the signing of the great Cookie and building a great team after all the good work and hard graft put in by Micky Adams after Branfoot disaster. Tigana yes a great tactician but no personality..Hodgson..a clever coach AND tactician..that night against Juventus..my best ever match..and I went to Hamburg. We lost because our 'final' was that amazing night at the Cottage against Italian giants..no need to prove anything after that.
Since then a lot of frustration yes..but..Fulham will always be a special club..
Cookie always remembered for me..and other players too like Freeman(yes, Darren Freeman!) Taylor, Bareeeee Hayles...Morgs, superGeoff Horsfield and Peschi...let's all keep together and don't get down if things aren't instant. Every league is tough and full of surprises. Who on this planet would ever have predicted Bournemouth getting promotion? No one! Only one real disaster at Fulham in recent years..no I don't mean Sanchez..it was in the form of German McGrath who unfortunately was WAY past his sell by date. SO..Let's ALL get behind the Whites for season 2015-2016 and that means KIT as well..a truly good bloke who deserves a chance and don't forget no matter what the disappointing results last season KIT kept Fulham UP.
COYW!!!!

Scorpio

I forgot to mention my most surreal moment at the Cottage..I think, if I recall, before match v Wigan..every player stopped training exercises and watched agog like the rest of us at the late,great Michael Jackson walking across the pitch to the riverside with Fayed next to him holding an umbrella to keep the sun off Jacko..ONLY at Fulham!! Just unbelievable. COYW!!!

FFC_Andreas

Hello, my name is Andreas and i come from Germany. First i would say sorry for my english, i know it is rubbish, but i try my very best  :021: To be honest i was never at Craven Cottage but i always fell in love with the english football and since Moritz Volz specially interesseted in den Fulham Football Club. From my view far away from england, Fulham FC is a special club, family club, a club like no other!. On September this year i will stand for a week in London and i am very excited to see Craven Cottage the first time in my life! I be have made a profile here because i will be connected and get more information about this wonderful Football Club and his fans, and i will become someday a real friend of fulham :Haynes The Maestro:. I hope i will be welcome on this forum even know i am not a hardcore Supporter. In Germany i support Schalke 04 and i hope Tim Hoogland bring the Cottagers a good performance every week.

Cheers for all
Andreas

leonffc

Quote from: FFC_Andreas on June 13, 2015, 06:31:41 AM
Hello, my name is Andreas and i come from Germany. First i would say sorry for my english, i know it is rubbish, but i try my very best  :021: To be honest i was never at Craven Cottage but i always fell in love with the english football and since Moritz Volz specially interesseted in den Fulham Football Club. From my view far away from england, Fulham FC is a special club, family club, a club like no other!. On September this year i will stand for a week in London and i am very excited to see Craven Cottage the first time in my life! I be have made a profile here because i will be connected and get more information about this wonderful Football Club and his fans, and i will become someday a real friend of fulham :Haynes The Maestro:. I hope i will be welcome on this forum even know i am not a hardcore Supporter. In Germany i support Schalke 04 and i hope Tim Hoogland bring the Cottagers a good performance every week.

Cheers for all
Andreas

Welcome Andreas. Do not worry about your English, it is fine - better than the bloody Americans that can't even spell 'colour' ;-)
Shalke? Are you from Gelsenkerkan? Spelling? I was there in the England fan park for the World Cup.

Volz was a great guy. But Hoogland has just been released from Fulham

FFC_Andreas

Quote from: leonffc on June 13, 2015, 07:43:01 AM
Quote from: FFC_Andreas on June 13, 2015, 06:31:41 AM

Cheers for all
Andreas

Welcome Andreas. Do not worry about your English, it is fine - better than the bloody Americans that can't even spell 'colour' ;-)
Shalke? Are you from Gelsenkerkan? Spelling? I was there in the England fan park for the World Cup.

Volz was a great guy. But Hoogland has just been released from Fulham

Thank you very much Leon for the welcome. Yes, i come from a small town near "Gelsenkirchen" right spelling ;-). I hope you enjoy your journey to Germany and like our stadium in Schalke, although the three lions lost against portugal :-(. What a pity that Hoogland has leave Fulham.

Vienna1

A little introduction if I may (I guess that's the idea here). I am Martin, I live in Vienna, Austria. I am probably more of a football fan than have any affiliation to a particular club. Possibly I would be a better journalist or referee than fan. But Fulham F always had a special place in my heart! Very sympathetic club! I was in Hamburg in 2010 and by chance got a ticket for the Atletico Madrid final. Great game. I was within visibility of Hugh Grant.... 049:gif

I consider myself a guest here. I like you website, makes a very good impression. I feel well here. I think a good website is like a business card of a club. If people are being made feel welcome, they automatically like the club!

Another reason why I am here: I will be in London end of October and would only be too happy to watch Fulham FC at Craven Cottage (v Reading on 24 October?).  Thanks for reading my intro. In case of any questions feel free to ask.  Good luck to you all!
:wine:

stew42

G'day all!
I'm Steve, from Australia, Melbourne Victory, York City, and Fulham are my footballing loves (pretty eccentric, I know!)
Being in Australia it's hard to keep fully up to date with everything Fulham, especially as I only started really supporting them in the last few years, so hopefully being here will help a bit!
With any luck I'll be living in England starting late next year, so hopefully I can finally attend my first match!

WONKYTONKY

Hello all, I'm Steve. I am a third generation Fulham fan. First games at the cottage were with my granddad when I was teeny tiny. I have played at a decent standard and have been a footy fanatic my whole life. Lots of footballing claims to fame. Best brag for Fulham fans is that I played Cm at school with Siddy.
Have to confess Fulham is not my only team. I lived in Croydon for many years when Wimbledon were at Selhurst and as a result had many seasons tickets. I am a huge fan of Afc Wimbledon as well. Don't hate me. :033:
I now live in Canada and only get to see 1 or 2 live games a year but have missed very few games on the box in the last few years. Believe it or not I'm actually playing more and watching more footy here than I ever have.
Been a background creeper on here since the corner shut down. Figured I should probably get involved now.

Burt

Welcome one and all, enjoy your stay :)