Author Topic: Have we ever introduced ourselves?  (Read 90457 times)

Offline Barrett487

• Legend
Re: Have we ever introduced ourselves?
« Reply #360 on: March 18, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
Hi, I'm Mike.  Been an football fan most of my life but crippled by being an American from the 80's when there was nothing but an occasional World Cup to watch on TV.

I first heard about Fulham due to a dispute about releasing Eddie Lewis for international duty some time around 2000, and obviously it wasn't a positive association  :)  Naturally, though, as Fulham started signing more US national teamers I started following them more closely.  At that time I was following US players more than particular teams; I dropped PSV the second they sold Damarcus Beasley, dropped Glasgow Rangers when Claudio Reyna left, etc.  Once Dempsey was gone, I assumed I would become a Spurs follower for a while, disappointed as I was about it.

I couldn't do it.  Couldn't stand them.  I found myself going back to what I now know is my team.  I started lurking here on FoF around that time, but never posted.  I look for bootleg streams every Saturday so I can watch the games, since that's the only option I know of in my location.  Really excited about potentially seeing us get back where we belong in the prem, as well as being able to watch us play on a a full-sized TV again!

Hi Mike, welcome to the fold  076.gif

We have quite a few posters on here from your side of the pond, where are you?

Offline AmiMike

• Youth Academy
« Reply #361 on: March 18, 2018, 11:13:42 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.  I live in Indiana at the moment, though I'm originally from Texas and travel all over the country for business.

Offline Barrett487

• Legend
« Reply #362 on: March 20, 2018, 06:51:23 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.  I live in Indiana at the moment, though I'm originally from Texas and travel all over the country for business.

No problem. I look forward to seeing you post in some of the general topics soon.