watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhowells21

No worries at all. I very rarely have anything interesting to say anyway, so you didn't miss out on much !

Alexander26

Hi all

I'm Jack from Scotland and have been a fan of Fulham since the Europa League Final run.
What drew me in was the tradition of the club as a whole, the cottage, the white kits and generally me loving the underdog story in Europe that season.

I've supported the Whites ever since along with my beloved Glasgow Rangers.
I have yet to visit the cottage but I think I will be doing just that this season

COYW 082.gif

larsdogg

Hey Folks!

I am Matt originally from Cincinnati, OH, USA, and have been following Fulham since the 2010-2011 season. Originally turned on to Fulham because of the Deuce and other previous american connections. Had the opportunity to visit the Cottage(2014) for a game when I was studying abroad, and saw them beat Bolton 4-0 :yay:

Looking forward to cheering on the Whites this season and getting to know the FoF community a bit better!

Cheers,
Matt
Wake up early to fish, Wake up early to watch Fulham

Sartorial

Hi guys!

I've been lurking for a long time, so I decided it was about time to create an account :)
I'm originally from the States but I live in Norway. Here in Norway English football is pretty much considered local, so everyone who likes football roots for an English club. Well, 80% for Liverpool and 20% divided among the other big clubs.
But not me. Always liked Fulham. There's not an specific reason for it. Just happens that I love the colors, the name, the old school stadium...  049:gif

JamesBCFC

Hi there.

Bristol City fan who signed up to initially ask about our performances in the games against you as I feel fans of the opposition can take out some of the bias that fellow City fans would have. But had held off posting so it didn't seem like I just came to gloat.
(I started my registration when you were 1-0 in the cup)

Penfold

Finally managed to set up my account on here!

Been following club since 1978 and a regular since 1981/82 although not currently a season ticket holder for a couple of reasons (mainly that I knew I'd be missing games this season!)

WelshCottager

Hello fellow Fulham fans  049:gif

My names Jamie I signed up to the site a little while ago but only now posting! I am a Fulham fan from South Wales near Swansea! I dont meet any Fulham fans down my way which is a bit disappointing but I met a fellow fan in my university class which was surreal. We became good friends of course!

Anyway ive been a fan since the Tigana days when I was 9 years old Luis Boa Morte was my favourite player then. Both my parents supported Leeds and desperately tried to get me on board but my Uncle who supported Fulham decided to take me to Craven Cottage one time where i believe we played Norwich and we won 2-0 with a brace from Boa Morte which is probably why i loved him at the time! From then on I knew Fulham was in my blood I fell in love with the football club!

I unfortunately cant get to alot of the games lately as being in Wales makes it a bit difficult but I am gonna try and make more in the future.

Looking forward to meeting fellow FoF members and getting to know the community better!  049:gif

Cheers

Jamie

Shredhead

Welcome, all of you. It's great that the Fulham Family is still expanding all over the world.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

VancouverWhite

Hello! 

I have been reading the forums for the last two years, which is also how long I have been following the team.  It coincides with the hiring of Slavisa Jokanovic.

I was a fan of Red Star Belgrade back in my previous life but have been without a team in a long long time due to the war in former Yugoslavia. 

I live in Vancouver, Canada (there are two of us!). 

Anyways, I enjoy reading everyone's comments, so just thought I'd finally say hello.

love4ffc

Quote from: VancouverWhite on April 22, 2017, 09:58:02 PM
Hello! 

I have been reading the forums for the last two years, which is also how long I have been following the team.  It coincides with the hiring of Slavisa Jokanovic.

I was a fan of Red Star Belgrade back in my previous life but have been without a team in a long long time due to the war in former Yugoslavia. 

I live in Vancouver, Canada (there are two of us!). 

Anyways, I enjoy reading everyone's comments, so just thought I'd finally say hello.

Welcome VancouverWhite!  Glad to have finally as a member we look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions on what has been a fantastic season under Joka. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Licker-1

Hello everybody , I was a regular on here until you were relegated from the prem.
I had forgotten my login password so I had to make another account, I added the -1 to my old username so here I am.
From the blue side of Liverpool,  met a few of your lads at the Cottage last we played you, hope LB and logical man are still around, always enjoyed the atmosphere at the ground, I hope you make it back this season.

uzuccher96

Hi to everyone!
I'm Umberto, I'm coming from Verona (Italy, just to be sure) and now I'm living in Fulham and of course I'm a Fulham supporter! Bought the season ticket for the next season, I'm enjoying my time here in London!

Sent from my CHEETAH using Tapatalk

WelshWhite67

Hi, I've just joined the FoF forum. I'm a relatively new Fulham fan, & have been steadily falling in love with the club since August. I bought a half season ticket in January, & have now bought my new season ticket for next season.
I live in Cardiff & travel to the games, so it takes a lot of my time (& money) but I love the buzz in the Cottage & believe that we have the best ground in the country!
I'm so excited about Saturday's game,  I haven't slept much this week & keep wishing the days would go quicker!!
Good luck & best wishes to all Whites fans wherever you are!
COYW

Burt

A warm welcome to all of you who haven't been warmly welcomed yet! Always interesting to read about all the diverse backgrounds of our new FOFers...
049:gif

Tomcairneysleftfoot

Originally from Edinburgh, I have been to quite a few games at the Cottage since I moved to south-west London, starting with the Scotland v Nigeria friendly three years ago. I absolutely love the setting and atmosphere of the stadium, now habitually refer so Fulham as 'we', and have had a membership for the past couple of seasons. I guess I have become a fan without even realising it !

SWSixer

Greetings all from Brisbane, Australia.

I lived in Fulham from 2009-11 (canny timing, right?!) and quickly warmed to the club after attending plenty of matches through that golden period (including THAT Juve game).

Just recently went back to the Cottage after SIX years  :012:  for the Brentford match, all of which reminded me how special this club is. Distance is a cow, but I'll try not to leave it too long until the next visit...

Any other FFC fans in Brisbane?

JupiterWhistles

Greetings all, my first post here.

Relatively new Fulham fan - moved to London about 3 years ago and have been living around Hammersmith/Fulham for the duration.  Went to a few games last season and decided to bite the bullet and get a season ticket for this year about a week ago.

Very much looking forward to the season.

Barrett487

Quote from: JupiterWhistles on June 16, 2017, 09:07:31 AM

Relatively new Fulham fan - moved to London about 3 years ago and have been living around Hammersmith/Fulham for the duration.  Went to a few games last season and decided to bite the bullet and get a season ticket for this year about a week ago.

Welcome TLF, SWS and JW.

I look forward to you all becoming regular posters (i'm relieved there wasn't four of you)

love4ffc

Quote from: Barrett487 on June 27, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: JupiterWhistles on June 16, 2017, 09:07:31 AM

Welcome TLF, SWS and JW.

I look forward to you all becoming regular posters (i'm relieved there wasn't four of you)

Concur with Barrett487, who is one of our ambassadors.  Welcome to all.  Look forward to see more of you on the board. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Barrett487

Hi all, I've been a member, and poster, on this site for only four years, but it seems a lifetime !!

I have just read through most of the introductions on here and loved it, so I thought I'd better put something down about myself. It was touching to read posts by famous posters who are sadly no longer with us.

My name is Chris, and my Fulham story is as follows. I was born in Harrow and my family weren't particularly football orientated, apart from me. As a kid I tended to follow the bigger teams in rotation, but one day a school friend invited me to a game with his dad. It was the beginning of the 72/3 season, and of course, it was Fulham. My favourite player was always Les Barrett, hence the name. I loved the calls from the fans, urging  'GO ON LES...BURN HIM'. He often did.

I went when I could, but couldn't afford every game and during the cup run of 1975 I hadn't been to enough games, or bought enough programmes, to muster the tokens necessary to get tickets for the final. My mate and I were resigned to watching the final on the tele, but the evening before the final, my neighbour knocked on our door and asked "I don't suppose you could use a couple of tickets for the final could you?"  !!!!   When I phoned my mate to tell him he couldn't believe it and, to make it even sweeter it was in the Fulham section. It's a day that will always stay with me, despite the result.

The following years were great, with the addition of Marsh and Best in 76, and that wonderful Hereford game of course. I still wasn't able to afford to get to many games, and always seemed to have jobs that required Saturday working.

My lovely dad (RIP) only came to one match with me, a 0-0 bore draw with Oldham, who he said were the better team! I argued profusely of course, but he never returned. Can't remember the year of this game.

In the late 90s I started to take my then partner's lad to games, and one day we realised that he'd never seen us lose... a lucky mascot I'd say. We're still in touch, but his real dad was a blue, so he follows them more than the whites now.

I moved away to Stratford Upon Avon in 2001, but still caught a some games for a few years, until I downsized my job. I couldn't make, or afford, any games during the Europa run, that's my biggest regret. I still get to two or three games at the Cottage a year.  I also was at Stoke when we were relegated and although it was a sad day, both sets of supporters were brilliant. Fulham didn't stop singing for the whole game. Stoke's fans applauded us as we left.

As I said before, my family was never big football followers, however my mum is as passionate as I am about Fulham (although she's never attended). Her favourite players were Duff, McBride and Dempsey and she's gutted that Malone's gone. At 86, I don't think she'll ever make a game.  092.gif (she doesn't have a beard btw)

I've met a few of you at Dannyboi's pre-game bevvies and what a sorry bunch you are, lol  :005:

Well that's me... I thought I'd only write a couple of lines !  COYW 049:gif