more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we ever introduced ourselves?

Started by Airfix, November 05, 2010, 04:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chadley24

Hello,
I'm Chad and I'm a newish Fulham fan. I'm an American (Texan specifically). Visited Craven Cottage last August on my honeymoon for the preseason match against Palace and then watched the team all last season on Fulham TV. What a season!
Been trying to get into English soccer for years but never could pick a team. Always liked Fulham for their strong history of U.S. players (Dempsey!) and decided they were the team for me,  added bonus: Gentleman Jim!!!

Besides Fulham I watch US Soccer and FC Dallas.

Thanks for having me!

therealjaybee

Hey all,

I'm a lifelong Fulham fan, used to live out near Windsor but have lived in Perth, Australia for just almost 11 years now. Watch every Fulham game I can including ALL the European games (at 4am Perth time) The fiancee understands that Fulham will always be my one true love and that will never change! Been a long time reader and have only just decided to start getting involved as I miss that family feeling Fulham gives us all! 

love4ffc

Welcome Chadley24 & therealjaybee.  Love to have both new and old fans joining the board.  Hope to see you both posting on the boards on a regular basis. 

Being a fellow fan who lives abroad from Fulham (I'm in the States) I know the importance that FoF brings with connecting to other fans and the club. 

Hope you enjoy our match day threads as they are fantastic for overseas fans. 

Cheers,

Love4FFC
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Captain Whatsisname

Hello! First post, season ticket holder in Hammersmith here. Expect lots of grumpy sarcastic posts. You must be thrilled

love4ffc

Quote from: Captain Whatsisname on July 21, 2017, 03:28:58 PM
Hello! First post, season ticket holder in Hammersmith here. Expect lots of grumpy sarcastic posts. You must be thrilled
LOL grumpy sarcastic post.  You'll be in good company on here  :005:

Matt10

Hi all!

I'm a longtime fan of Fulham, but it wasn't until last year that I "declared" it. You see I've always followed players, and never really liked any particular club. Being from the United States, seeing the likes of McBride join Fulham, it was not hard to enjoy watching his progress. Then Bocanegra, and finally, and probably a cliche', but Clint Dempsey. Truth is I was a Dempsey fan since his Furman days. I messaged him on myspace when he joined New England Revs and he messaged me back: "If you don't grind, you don't shine..." can't make that up.

Anyway, after Deuce left, and now only being able to follow my own home team (Sporting KC, MLS), I really wanted to focus on a club to follow. A club I truly loved. I had to follow my gut, and that led me to Fulham. Truth be told, last year, I had no idea who the players were. It didn't take long though and now I know each of them, and how they play. I know Chris Martin was a lazy putz and Tom Cairney is a legend. I still get mad at David Button for trying to kick the ball down the pitch instead of boot it out of bounds when we played at Newcastle, and I find myself screaming obscentities, quickly followed by praises, at Sone Aluko.

Fulham is my club, the club I love, my beloved. FulhamFCTV made this all happen for me last year. I would pay any amount to watch this club. Maybe someday I'll be able to visit Craven Cottage as it's my on my bucket list.

Thanks for this site. This community. COYW!

love4ffc

Welcome Matt10.  It's always good to see another Yank on the board.  Like you I have love that Fulham have given so many Americans a chance at European Football. 

I'm in Atlanta and follow ATL United.  Great atmosphere going to their games, almost always sold out.  It's still not the same though as watching Fulham at the Cottage. 

Hope to see you on the board posting as often as possible. 

Cheers,

Love4FFC

PS - you should join us in the FOF6 competition  049:gif   

FulhamKC

I can't remember the details of my first Fulham game. I moved to London in July 1990 and at some point met a group of fellow American soccer lovers. We made it our mission to attend all games at all of London's division 1-4 grounds (I made it to all but Barnet). I remember that we stood in the Hammersmith end and that it was so empty you could have rolled a bowling ball lengthwise down the stand and not hit anyone. I also remember being amazed at how narrow the turnstile booths were (and still are!). As ashamed as I am of it now, I chose to follow QPR for the two years I lived in London (I could get to Loftus Road from where I lived without changing buses and they were in the 1st division).

After returning to the US in 1992 I got to move back to London in December 1998 midway through the season. I got to paying attention to FFC through the papers as we did so well to get promoted to the second tier. For the start of the 1999-2000 season I decided to go to the opening game against Man City to see what it was all about. I took the train from Richmond to Putney and walked through Bishops Park on a magnificently beautiful Saturday afternoon. The game was sold out so I had to buy a ticket from a tout. I couldn't believe how cool the Stevenage Road stand looked for the street. I don't remember the score (or even if we won) but I was totally captivated by the ground and the crowd (especially when they chanted "you fat b*st*rd" at the City player sent off as he walked all the way from the Hammersmith end to the Cottage). I was sold and bought two season tickets for the rest of the year.

That was the Paul Bracewell team that finished 9th. My most memorable game that year was the FA Cup defeat of Tottenham when we chanted "Horsefield for England!" I loved watching Finnan, Pesch, Horse, the Dead Snake and the rest of the boys. My daughter loved Sir Craven (she was 4). It was a great season.

Unfortunately I had to return to the States before the next year's promotion campaign but I followed the club as best I could that year and for all the years since then. It always surprises my soccer friends here in the US that my team is Fulham and not one of the big teams. But we all know why that is, don't we.

COYWs!

FFC365

First match circa 1957/8
First match remembered Fulham 6 Sheffield Wednesday 2, I watched the game from the touchline at the Hammersmith End. Johnny Haynes undoubtedly favourite player by a mile.
I missed the opening 2 games of 1975 season, but have been at every home league match since, except three, 1-0 QPR (daughters wedding), 1-0 Leeds United (famiiy meal), 5-0 Huddersfield Town(won a cruise with Fred Olsen) last season.

VegasFulham

My name is Justin. I am from Las Vegas Nevada in the USA. Been following Fulham since my teens since 2004. Fell in love the first match I watched.

I also love other sports. Everything from Basketball to American 🏈. I love studying the universe and playing video games as well.

Cheers!

romano de fabiani

Hay, how is everyone. I've always seen CC as being a bit of a rollercoaster ride but now as I'm entitled to 50% off ticket prices as I'm PIP, I'll be putting on the black and white and heading down some time soon.   :beer:

JustinoShull

Hello friends!

My name is Justin and I am also from across the pond in the U.S. I am a new Fulham fan and I fell in love with the deep history of the club plus the attacking playstyle as well.  I began watching the Championship over the past couple years and I love the competitiveness of the league.  The PL to me, is spend loads of money and it is always the same few teams that finish at the top that have all the money.  It got a little boring, haha.  Fulham was the team I just gravitated towards just watching games and well, here I am!  I look forward to continue to watching Fulham and learning all I can about the club!

lewislewes

I don't have any real time to write an introduction as I am going to the match today! But I am new to the forum here. Will post a big introduction tonight.

Cheers
Danny

lewislewes

Quote from: lewislewes on February 03, 2018, 01:15:56 PM
I don't have any real time to write an introduction as I am going to the match today! But I am new to the forum here. Will post a big introduction tonight.

Cheers
Danny

Two weeks later and I'm finally getting around to this. Buzzing after that amazing performance today against Villa.

My name is Danny and I am a 20 year old university student from Philadelphia in the states. I am currently studying at the University of Roehampton for this term. I play for my university in the states and football has been at the forefront of my life ever since I was four. I support the Seattle Sounders at home in the states as a lot of you will know that Clint Dempsey plays there now. Since I have been in England I have been to all three home games for Fulham: Burton, Forest, and Villa. I've gotten tickets in the Hammersmith end and have loved it every time. Fulham has really grown on me since I have been here and I am super stoked to really put effort into supporting the Whites. COYW

Burt

Welcome Danny, glad you are enjoying the Fulham experience. Long may your unbeaten run last!

mouse

My name's Richard Groombridge

I would have been 62 this year and would have supported Fulham for 56 years since my first watched game.
Unfortunately cancer got the better of me 3 weeks ago and my funeral is this Friday.
As I loved Fulham so much I will be forcing everyone who knows me to wear Fulham colours/ clothes and listen to the Fulham Anthem (N.a. n.a. n.a. n.a. n.a. n.a. our Fulham).
I have left my son with 2 holdalls of match programmes from 2 Oct 65 vs west ham and 2 pictures.
Unfortunately he never got into football although I tried and he hasn't got a clue what to do with them lol.

He remembers in the 80s when my uncle Charlie used to look after the changing rooms being snuck into the ground. Going onto the pitch at the end and pretending to score the winning goal, then going into the players bar to meet them. Great times.
To anyone who knows me this will be my last post.

COYW

Barrett487

Quote from: mouse on February 21, 2018, 09:58:55 PM
My name's Richard Groombridge

I would have been 62 this year and would have supported Fulham for 56 years since my first watched game.
Unfortunately cancer got the better of me 3 weeks ago and my funeral is this Friday.
As I loved Fulham so much I will be forcing everyone who knows me to wear Fulham colours/ clothes and listen to the Fulham Anthem (N.a. n.a. n.a. n.a. n.a. n.a. our Fulham).
I have left my son with 2 holdalls of match programmes from 2 Oct 65 vs west ham and 2 pictures.
Unfortunately he never got into football although I tried and he hasn't got a clue what to do with them lol.

He remembers in the 80s when my uncle Charlie used to look after the changing rooms being snuck into the ground. Going onto the pitch at the end and pretending to score the winning goal, then going into the players bar to meet them. Great times.
To anyone who knows me this will be my last post.

COYW

Thanks for posting this, your words remind us that, whilst football is only a game (one that we all love), there are bigger things. You obviously loved Fulham and we'll miss you.

RIP Richard

mrmicawbers

Quote from: JupiterWhistles on June 16, 2017, 09:07:31 AM
Greetings all, my first post here.

Relatively new Fulham fan - moved to London about 3 years ago and have been living around Hammersmith/Fulham for the duration.  Went to a few games last season and decided to bite the bullet and get a season ticket for this year about a week ago.

Very much looking forward to the season.
Hello Jupiter.Your not the only White I'm Brisbane.My Sister lives in the Gap and both her and her husband an Aussie and two kids are all avid Whites.A bit late but welcome to the Fulham Family COYW.

AmiMike

Hi, I'm Mike.  Been an football fan most of my life but crippled by being an American from the 80's when there was nothing but an occasional World Cup to watch on TV.

I first heard about Fulham due to a dispute about releasing Eddie Lewis for international duty some time around 2000, and obviously it wasn't a positive association  :)  Naturally, though, as Fulham started signing more US national teamers I started following them more closely.  At that time I was following US players more than particular teams; I dropped PSV the second they sold Damarcus Beasley, dropped Glasgow Rangers when Claudio Reyna left, etc.  Once Dempsey was gone, I assumed I would become a Spurs follower for a while, disappointed as I was about it.

I couldn't do it.  Couldn't stand them.  I found myself going back to what I now know is my team.  I started lurking here on FoF around that time, but never posted.  I look for bootleg streams every Saturday so I can watch the games, since that's the only option I know of in my location.  Really excited about potentially seeing us get back where we belong in the prem, as well as being able to watch us play on a a full-sized TV again!

Barrett487

Quote from: AmiMike on March 17, 2018, 03:04:55 PM
Hi, I'm Mike.  Been an football fan most of my life but crippled by being an American from the 80's when there was nothing but an occasional World Cup to watch on TV.

I first heard about Fulham due to a dispute about releasing Eddie Lewis for international duty some time around 2000, and obviously it wasn't a positive association  :)  Naturally, though, as Fulham started signing more US national teamers I started following them more closely.  At that time I was following US players more than particular teams; I dropped PSV the second they sold Damarcus Beasley, dropped Glasgow Rangers when Claudio Reyna left, etc.  Once Dempsey was gone, I assumed I would become a Spurs follower for a while, disappointed as I was about it.

I couldn't do it.  Couldn't stand them.  I found myself going back to what I now know is my team.  I started lurking here on FoF around that time, but never posted.  I look for bootleg streams every Saturday so I can watch the games, since that's the only option I know of in my location.  Really excited about potentially seeing us get back where we belong in the prem, as well as being able to watch us play on a a full-sized TV again!

Hi Mike, welcome to the fold  076.gif

We have quite a few posters on here from your side of the pond, where are you?