Parker out
51 (50%)
Give him more time
51 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 102

MJG

Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2019, 10:16:53 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 11, 2019, 08:41:07 AM
Why have we spent so big on the squad but risked it all on the man in charge ?

Really good question. I can only assume the Khans just thought that since almost every approach they've tried concerning managerial hires has failed, why not try this, the organic approach
If they had not backed him the knives would have been out saying the board hadnt backed him. Its the Kobayashi Maru scenario.
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 11, 2019, 10:59:15 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2019, 10:16:53 AM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 11, 2019, 08:41:07 AM
Why have we spent so big on the squad but risked it all on the man in charge ?

Really good question. I can only assume the Khans just thought that since almost every approach they've tried concerning managerial hires has failed, why not try this, the organic approach
If they had not backed him the knives would have been out saying the board hadnt backed him. Its the Kobayashi Maru scenario.
it isn't really, because there is a winning scenario, back the manger with signings 👍 play entertaining football ❌ or challenge for automatic promotion ❌.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Quote from: St Eve on December 11, 2019, 12:54:12 AM
What bothers me is that we are all upset and we are 3rd. The reason is that we should be running away with this division and we would be if Joka was running the show. It is so frustrating and I just hope that this isn't a season lost

It's not even we should be running away from the division, its that we should be competing at a higher level than 10+ points away from Leeds and WestBrom. Speak to their fans and they'll say the same as us pessimists are. Our squad/team is at the very least en par with them and we aren't en par with them in terms of results.

I think it hurts more now, because we just dropped to teams who have been struggling and are competitors. Its embarrassing. Last night, was embarrassing. Work mates come in and just laughed at how bad we were. they empathised but couldn't believe how really, really poor we were.

Woodlawn

How many of the present squad do you really think are up to this division, and how many would be good enough to take us forward should we gain promotion?. I reckon about 3 , and why do we keep raving on about our youngsters when Parker never give them a look in. Something is wrong with the coaching and the buck stops at the top.

Statto

Quote from: Woodlawn on December 11, 2019, 12:03:10 PM
How many of the present squad do you really think are up to this division... I reckon about 3

Lol, WUM!!!!

Luka

Frustratingly boring tactics and shambolic game management thats becoming more and more difficult to watch.
The players wont take it much longer and then he will have a problem not just with the fans.
Promotion is doubtful, relegation is not on the horizon and mid table is very probabal so now is as good a time for a change as any.
Out for me.....It'll spice things up again.

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on December 10, 2019, 09:53:09 PM
I'm not having anyone, and I mean anyone, enjoys watching us under Parker. He makes weird team selections, and even weirder subs. We look disjointed even in the majority of matches we win. He hasnt improved the defence at all. Midfield looks crap, and even manages to make our attack look crap in the majority of matches. Bristol and Preston both deserved to beat us, and we only ever start to get going once the game is already lost. It's just a tedious, boring chore watching us now. Don't care if the new manager doesn't even make the play offs, I just want some excitement back at the club
If the premise is that we are not going to get promoted under Parker then the Khans' demands have not been met but how can they reach such an extraordinary conclusion now simply because, on the basis of two games going against rather than for us, Parker teams cannot play attractive football?  It simply beggars belief to think this is the moment to declare that Parker is unfit for purpose when there are still plenty of points on offer and he now knows, perhaps for the first time as a coach, real pressure. 

Parker has now either been found out by two superior managers on the bounce, or he knows his current selection methods are appallingly lacking in the necessary intelligence, advice, or acumen.  In my opinion he needed roughing up a bit because to be honest what I have seen from him has been far too casual for a guy still learning the job.  The weekend and last night were classic examples of how things can go against you just when you hoped you had turned things around - more by luck than judgement.   Let's see how he applies himself for the next game and what impact that has upon the side.

And just out of courtesy my patience with Parker is wearing thin because I don't see a guy one hundred percent applying himself to his job, but then I haven't see it in him at anytime this season.  He has a lot to prove but I cannot see a virtue in changing managers now in the hopes that promotion will be obtained by the end of the season.  The squad is simply not all it is cracked up to be, and it will not be so until Parker learns his lessons.  Let's hope he's a quick learner when the chips are really down.   

colinwhite

All the people that are saying that we have a great squad ,which should be top of the league, are also the ones calling for a change of style and less possession football. The players we have are best suited to possession football ,in fact we are set up for it. Fed up with lots of things at the moment ,not least people just looking for faults even in our 4 game winning run, just because they have a gripe with parker and want to be proved right.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Luka on December 11, 2019, 12:08:35 PM
Frustratingly boring tactics and shambolic game management thats becoming more and more difficult to watch.
The players wont take it much longer and then he will have a problem not just with the fans.
Promotion is doubtful, relegation is not on the horizon and mid table is very probabal so now is as good a time for a change as any.
Out for me.....It'll spice things up again.
👍

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2019, 12:07:07 PM
How many of the present squad do you really think are up to this division... I reckon about 3

Lol, WUM!!!!

This isn't a wind-up. There are very, very few players on this roster good enough to be in the first XI of a Premier League team that can stay up. The entire spine of this team -- really, including Mitrovic -- would need to be upgraded, imo. Maybe if you markedly upgraded around you, Mitro could be your top striker, but dunno. The overall lack of speed on the roster is absolute death in the top division.

Anyway, back to the thread topic: Parker stinks.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 11, 2019, 08:30:06 AM
Who are these embarrassment of riches, where is the evidence to show we have an embarrassment of riches.  What are we rich in then exactly. We are not going to storm this Division because we have not got an embarrassment of riches. We may flatter to deceive at times but we have a defence that can be an embarrassment, but not particularly rich. We should be good enough to hold onto a place in the play offs if we can keep down the error count, but too many players go missing too often when the going gets tough. The manager was not responsible for Odoi getting sent off once again. There are still 75 points to play for, plenty of time to get our act together, and plenty of opportunities next month to improve the squad, but an embarrassment of riches is not how I would describe it. Because we would not have lost to Barnsley and Stoke if we had.
So Woolly .. would you say the same about Man City because they lost to  Norwich?  and 2-0 at home to Wolves for God's sake? It's a trite point I know, especially as I actually agree with you, but one of the joys of football is the best team does not always win, and if you cannot describe Man City as a team endowed with an embarrassment of riches, who is?  So perversely, (and I quite enjoy perversely) I agree with you but not simply because we lost to Barnsley and Stoke. I think some of our expensive stars are really not the riches we are paying for  ... Mawson (sorry Statto) and Knockaert (sorry me .. I thought he was the real deal at first sight) ...even Cav has disappointed me a bit.

hovewhite

All this doom n gloom on here,it could be worse

Whitesideup

Quote from: Denver Fulham on December 11, 2019, 08:37:30 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 11, 2019, 12:07:07 PM

Lol, WUM!!!!

This isn't a wind-up. There are very, very few players on this roster good enough to be in the first XI of a Premier League team that can stay up. The entire spine of this team -- really, including Mitrovic -- would need to be upgraded, imo. Maybe if you markedly upgraded around you, Mitro could be your top striker, but dunno. The overall lack of speed on the roster is absolute death in the top division.

Anyway, back to the thread topic: Parker stinks.
Well, the post said "to this division". I would argue most of them. To say none of them could play in the Premier is unrealistic. Look at the Sheffield Utd team. What would you have said about their squad last year?

Ronnief

We have MLM, McDonald, Cisse,  Arter, Reed, Reid, all injured, Sessegnon and Cairney suffering illness. Brian recovering from a back injury, Knockheart suffering from a distinct lack of form and two centre halves who cannot win a crossed ball in the air, how on earth can any manager improve what has happened over the last few matches. Parker has not been dealt the best position in the early stages of his management career and he hopefully will only benefit from it. A bit of good fortune and rub of the green could change our fortunes.

fulhamben

Quote from: Ronnief on December 11, 2019, 09:11:28 PM
We have MLM, McDonald, Cisse,  Arter, Reed, Reid, all injured, Sessegnon and Cairney suffering illness. Brian recovering from a back injury, Knockheart suffering from a distinct lack of form and two centre halves who cannot win a crossed ball in the air, how on earth can any manager improve what has happened over the last few matches. Parker has not been dealt the best position in the early stages of his management career and he hopefully will only benefit from it. A bit of good fortune and rub of the green could change our fortunes.
define change our fortunes? As for me, it's not about league position, wins or losses, but the fact that his decisions are baffling and that I just can't bare to watch the drivel he serves up any more.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

sunburywhite

I dont want promotion to a league where wagesd and ego are out of the window

Let the FA cut the Premier League adrift to the money men and keep the Championship for supporters of their club who dont eat prawn sandwiches

Please God we dont go up
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Logicalman

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 11, 2019, 09:37:06 PM
I dont want promotion to a league where wagesd and ego are out of the window

Let the FA cut the Premier League adrift to the money men and keep the Championship for supporters of their club who dont eat prawn sandwiches

Please God we dont go up

Your dream might become a reality if RM's Florentino Pérez's proposal takes hold!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/05/sports/real-madrid-fifa-european-super-league.html

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

snarks

Well I enjoy watching the football we're playing now, far more than I did under Jol, Meulensteen, Mcgath, Symons and Raneri, indeed I enjoy it as much as I did in the early days of Slav.

I can't recall the last time we have been "bossed" by another team in the championship. Yes we've lost a few we shouldn't have, but it's funny that against Bristol some thought we were poor, statistically we dominated, yet Bristol think it was their best performance of the season. I really don't get the negativity.

Chutney

We blamed Slav, despite getting promoted and the transfer team downgrading our defence.

We blamed Ranieri, despite the transfer team signing Havard Nodveit as our only defender.

We are now blaming Parker, despite us not signing a single defender over the summer.

When are the real issues at this club going to be discussed. We had the worst defence in Europe last season and our transfer team decided that it didn't need any investment.

We are third in the league with a bottom half defence, that's actually quite impressive.
C O Y W

Statto

Quote from: Chutney on December 12, 2019, 12:16:53 PM
We had the worst defence in Europe last season and our transfer team decided that it didn't need any investment.

With Hector next month, we'll have a back four that cost £30m comprising largely or entirely (depending who plays RB) players acquired in the last 18 months. That's more than most Championship clubs have spent on their whole team over that period, and surely more than any of them have spent on their defence. WTF are you on about????