watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockaert

Started by Matt10, December 11, 2019, 12:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt10

I do not usually like to single out players, but honestly, Knockaert needs to be benched. If not for the rare glimpse of quality, his body language and attitude on the pitch is truly painful to watch.

He makes a bad pass, he blames the other player for not putting more effort. He receives a bad pass, he watches it go by and looks back to blame the other player. In both scenarios, he does not then try to win the ball back, but he stays put to show how disgusted he is.

In attack, we have a counter, and what does he do? He spends 10-15 seconds taking on one player only to send a ball over the top of Mitro. This happened 3-4x vs Preston.

I believe Parker and Wells really like him, and are not wanting to bench him. However, I think he will be the true demise of the team, unless his attitude and demeanor changes. He may be frustrated for not scoring since West Brom, but enough is enough. The last thing we need is a maverick and passion merchant that is going to have no end product - then blame everyone else because he is failing.

Kebano's earned his spot, and that is who I would throw in to send crosses, or let Christie overlap to send them. Something definitely needs to change on the right hand side regardless.

Spirit of 2000

of all the newer players Knockaaert is the biggest disappointment, body language, lack of serious pace and ability to beat players at this level easily, no great goal threat, crossing poor to non-existent. Personally would be trying to convince Brighton to take him back. Been poor for about 2 months now.

sunburywhite

He is a show pony who unfortuantly is more pony than show
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

HV71

Not like you at all Matt 10 - things must be bad . I posted on here what my friend - a Brighton season ticket holder - told me when he signed ...

My mate , a  Brighton season ticket holder, has a lot of admiration for his skill , but little time for his teamwork and overall attitude. Only a grafter and team player when it suits him

Sadly- Seems to be coming true

Dixie

I agree - i was hoping for great things from him, but he's only shown it in flashes... I said before that i really didn't like him as a person based on what i had seen of him at games v Brighton. But actually at the start of the season he was very vocal in trying to rally the team and gee up the crowd and i have warmed to him a bit on that level. But he ought to be terrorising defences every week at this level!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

FulhamStu

I think Knock was the divisions player of the season when Brighton got promoted.  He was fantastic and caused opposing teams huge problems.   I honestly don't know why, but we are clearly not getting the best out of him.

mancwhite

I think he is a talented player who unfortunately lacks consistency in making the right choices between passing and crossing and then delays or is too inaccurate with the latter. I suspect if he scored a couple of goals and made a couple of good assists he has the potential to go on a run where he looks like a world beater. However when he doesn't succeed he gets frustrated and we get frustrated with him  and he then becomes a luxury player who in the championship you can't keep playing (or at least starting) in the hope that he plays himself into form. I think Kebano offers more consistency currently and would like to see him starting over knockaert for a while
Your just too good to be true Fulham

Matt10

Quote from: HV71 on December 11, 2019, 01:23:14 PM
Not like you at all Matt 10 - things must be bad . I posted on here what my friend - a Brighton season ticket holder - told me when he signed ...

My mate , a  Brighton season ticket holder, has a lot of admiration for his skill , but little time for his teamwork and overall attitude. Only a grafter and team player when it suits him

Sadly- Seems to be coming true

It's indeed sad, because I was also quite excited to have signed him - and he even played brilliantly vs Millwall and WBA. My hope it's just confidence and he's deflecting it to other teammates. The problem is that it has gotten to the point in which our entire right sided attack is a liability. Christie played brilliantly on his overlaps, but he was constantly forced to track all the way back because Knockaert would lose it. Then, in our defensive side of the pitch, Knockaert is passing the ball to the other team as we're preparing our counter. Not only does he give the "Whoa is me..." look, he also doesn't track back to try to force the ball off.

People were upset at Bryan for our conceded 2nd goal vs Bristol, but if you rewatch it, it's Knockaert who is just standing still at the top of our own box as their midfielder stepped inside to send the low ball across goal to Diedhiou.

I think if we can sort out the right side of our attack, we'll be in much better shape. Kamara was a bit wild vs PNE, but I think he would be a better choice as he is more direct and will track back. Or put in a hungry squad player like Kebano. Knockaert is wrong at the moment because  on the field he looks entitled and has offered nothing in return. If Parker wants to keep sending him up, fine, but need to see a goal or assist from him soon.

S.F.Sorrow

I've always thought Knockaert was a bit overrated but I also think part of the problem might be our failure to sign a top quality RB. If we still had Fredericks I think we would have seen a better version of Knockaert. Cavaleiro+Bryan is interacting a lot better than Knockaert+any of our RBs. Our RBs are probably instructed to play it safe because they are simply not good enough to go forward on overlaps and get back in defensive positions fast enough.

toshes mate

He's up his own ass that's for sure but I am guessing from pre-FFC days that is the kind of player he is.  Can he be tamed?  Doubt it.  Why was he bought?  Because he could make a big difference in the right team and in the right frame of mind.  Can Parker handle him?  No, would seem the current answer.

Robbie

The point is that all players have a purple patch and then they can be nothing ..... timing is everything.
Think about how lucky we were with Ryan Sess.   got a nice fee and sold him into obscurity.
Tough world !

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on December 11, 2019, 04:20:09 PM
He's up his own ass that's for sure but I am guessing from pre-FFC days that is the kind of player he is.  Can he be tamed?  Doubt it.  Why was he bought?  Because he could make a big difference in the right team and in the right frame of mind.  Can Parker handle him?  No, would seem the current answer.

That's a good point about who may actually be handling Knockaert. It looks to be Wells for me as he's the one who is talking to him most. I saw in a couple close-ups that Parker tried to listen to what Knockaert was saying, but just had a perplexed look on his face. Mitro also came over to Knock and Knock looks like he's telling Mitro what to do, then apologizes. To me it will take a player to reign him in, not a manager. I think last night's match would've gone differently if Cava stayed in versus Knockaert.

filham

He looked good in early games but now has to give way to Kamara.

thebumponleroyshead

Cairney could hit a man with a pass better than him with one leg. Having said that I think his confidence is shot so maybe I'm being harsh but yesterday his distribution was Sunday league.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Southcoastffc

Not sure if I've said this previously on this board but when he was with Brighton they employed a minder (on the coaching staff) specifically, and only, to look after Knockaert - a kind of personal assistant.  AK was very much a man apart there.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc

Quote from: sunburywhite on December 11, 2019, 01:22:08 PM
He is a show pony who unfortuantly is more pony than show

This is nail meet hammer for me.  From this point on I think he should be a bit squad player with AK starting on the right.  Then AK and Ivan can switch as needed to throw off the defence and cause them problems. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bill2

Think he works hard and tracks back well, but his crossing of the ball is poor and constantly overhits the ball. Not sure what he is trying to do most of the time and seems to want to showboat too much.

Jims Dentist

Bit surprised how ineffective he has been.
The alleged £4m season  long loan fee, if not signed at the end of the season for £10k is daunting.
How could we have agreed to such a deal??

Moltobueno

On the other hand, he is usually the first guy who runs to congratulate our goal scorer

bahay18

I think a lot of the body language is down to frustration about his own performance . He knows he shouldn't be over hitting the crosses , missing the short pass and the one v ones with the keeper . For whatever reason his confidence his shot , performances below par we are not in a position to carry him , especially when Kamara is showing signs of a renaissance and Kebano has looked very sharp . Talking of which , he has definitely earnt more opportunity than a 15 minute cameo when the game is dead .