watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Being charged by the FA

Started by res, December 11, 2019, 01:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

res

Club being charged by the FA with failing to keep players under control in the 93rd minute against Bristol City. For once (and I normally go for the rugby example of accepting the ref's decision)I can understand the players' reactions. But I suppose we'll get fined and the ref. will wander on and ruin another game.

Twig

The FA should be charging the ref and at least one Lino for failing to officiate the match. But that would never happen of course.

Beamer

Would be interesting to know what the ref has been charged with. Inciting to riot probably. He is reported as admitting he made a horlicks of it. Perhaps he will speak on behalf of us given that he caused the problem in the first case. Oops was that a pig flying by my window.

Sting of the North

Whether or not the referee should be held responsible for his actions (or lack thereof) is one question.

Whether or not our players conducted themselves in an acceptable manner is another independent question. The actions of the referee may to some degree excuse and mitigate the consequences of the subsequent behavior of the players, but it can and should not release them from all responsibilities and accountability. Referees can not be allowed to be fair game for abuse from the players no matter how controversial or outright wrong their decisions may appear.

Since the club is responsible for the players, the FA may punish the club. The club may in turn punish the players if they are deemed to have caused the club harm by their unprofessional

Nothing controversial in this at all.

The problem is of course that such a poor level of refereeing is possible at such a high level, and also that it is rarely (if ever) we see any consequences for the referee. That may be deemed controversial.

In my opinion, of course.

Sgt Fulham

The FA have always been a bad joke.

love4ffc

Don't ilke it but can understand that the FA are charging FFC.  I am big on teaching the youth that only one player may talk to the ref at a time and when doing so it is with respect and hands behind their backs so as to show no hostility. 

Slightly off topic maybe but several years ago during an older youth league match, I think the kid was like U17 or U18,d the goalie punched a ref in the temple for receiving a yellow card.  That ref was knocked unconscious and soon after died in a hospital. 

So, back on topic I can see why the FA charges FFC.  Can not however understand why that ref, who apparently apolgized to Parker for giving the penality after the match, is not being reprimanded in some way.  That part does baffle me. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Bill2

Not surprised at this as they seem to think that players will stay calm at all times no matter how bad the provocation was. Unfortunately they will not consider the behaviour of the players previously, we never seem to get in the refs faces, or the fact that the ref was so bad and missed a decision which come the end of the season can be the difference between promotion or not.