News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We all knew this would happen, well, I did anyway..

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 11, 2019, 03:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Have managed to calm myself down after last night, to a level, where I can talk about the loss to Preston, but, I'm still angry in general, as to how this season is currently panning out.

The loss to Preston was Fulhamish in every sense, a team that hadn't won for 4 games, a team that hadn't scored in several hours, and an ageing striker that hadn't hit the net in over 41 appearances, so, what wasn't there that could'n't have gone wrong?

Firstly, I get that we're still in 3rd position, however, the 11pt gap between us and Leeds at this point of the season, is unacceptable, and, based on the quality of the Championship this season, I expected us to be in and among it still.

I get that there is still half a season to go, but, when I look at us, the way we're currently playing, and then look at Leeds/WBA, the auto's are over, and the best I think we'll achieve this season, is the playoffs now.

Pretty upset, as, I believe we don't have a better chance than this season of getting promoted, and, the Khan's stated that promotion via the auto's was categorically their objective this season, which brings me onto my next point.

Parker - Nothing against him personally, sure he'll end up being a good coach one day, but, if your priority is promotion via the auto's, then why entrust that task with an inexperienced coach?

If you look at what Bilic' has done at West Brom in his first season, it's a bloody good job, and just goes to show, what an experienced coach  can bring to a side when they're pushing for promotion.

Again, nothing against Parker, but, I do feel the Khan's have opted for a Darren Moore type appointment, and, by doing so, feel they've sacrificed the automatic promotion route, by having to suffer a few additional loss's, due to Parker learning the ropes.

Yes, I get we had a few injuries last night, but, in general, the performance was woeful, and I look at a team that can't perform outside it's remit, unless we have every big-gun fit and healthy.

Without Mitrovic, I'd hate to think where we'd be in the league, and, honestly feel that Parker's inexperience is being masked somewhat, due to the players that he has at his disposal.

Even through the run of 4 games unbeaten, we still looked sketchy, and a team void of ideas and a plan b, which is why we haven't beaten anyone from the top 8 yet.

Do I blame Parker completely? No, he deserved a chance, but, if you're going to appoint that type of coach, then make the auto's a priority, then I feel it's a very irresponsible choice from the owners.

I'm pretty sure Parker is trying his best, but, I'm also sure that if a Bilic' or Bielsa type coach was appointment, then this team would be absolutely flying, you've then got to also question how would Jokanovic be doing?

Anyway, what's done is done now, hoping we come out of the Brentford and Leeds games unscathed, or I feel it'll be the end of Parker, but, if that's the case, then I'll be pointing the finger fiercely at Tony Kahn once again.

It's all well and good having this new, shiny Riverside stand, that most fans hold gratitude for, but, I'm slowly becoming pee'd off with the persistent footballing errors made by our owners.

LittleErn

Pretty fair comment beerbelly, but I doubt if even Bilic or Bielsa could work magic with our current crop of defenders. As Parker himself said last night, we can't keep giving teams a two goal lead. I appreciate that the attack (other than Mitro) are under-performing but a solid defence behind them would give them a real boost. As it is they are too often playing catch-up against teams that can afford to retreat into a compact defence because they are already in front. Some of our attackers need a boost in confidence, sure, but they would be more likely to get that if they were not always looking over their shoulders at the chaos behind them. Our central defenders don't look good when they are chasing back towards their own goal, but that is happening several times a game. Let's see if we improve with Hector in the team and when we have better midfield players back to fitness, but I believe new blood is required.

YankeeJim

Parker is inexperienced. Perhaps we should get an experienced coach, one that has won titles and saved teams from relegation. How about Ranieri, Jol or Magath? Sorry Jim, your argument is weak. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Rock

Some fair points, but when we refuse to sign defenders when it has been the obvious glaring problem for years what do you expect?

Someone should ask Tony why other teams can work within FFP and bring in proper defenders and we can't. Once we are able to do this, we will be automatically prompted given the rest of the squad remains constant.

It's not Parker's fault, nor Raneri or SJ's fault either.

love4ffc

Some points are valid and am hearing more and more online where people are claiming that an experienced manager/coach could have been instant promotion.  Not sure I believe that and I certainly would not want someone like Big Sam or Warnock as I don't think the current squad or playing style would suit them. 

As I have stated, I'm not in the Parker out or Parker in camp.  I do think he is starting to bury himself a bit with playing certain players and odd subs that really don't make any sense. 

I also think Parker has been unlucky with a few aspects of the season. 
1.   One, injuries that he can not control. 
2.   Two, unlucky circumstances where scoring chances where completed.  Be a different tone right now if some of those chances where scored and Fulham had won more matches.
3.   Players who are supposed to be at the top of their game in this league are proving to be more of a hindrance then they are worth. 

I think Parker will be here more then likely through the season and Fulham will make the playoffs.  It will be a constant struggle, but they will be there.  Have no clue if we will get promoted as I think it is too early to be able to call it. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Penfold

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 11, 2019, 05:42:28 PM
Parker is inexperienced. Perhaps we should get an experienced coach, one that has won titles and saved teams from relegation. How about Ranieri, Jol or Magath? Sorry Jim, your argument is weak. 

Did Jol win any titles? My friends in Netherlands said he did the impossible and managed to finish second with Ajax when they had a very good team (including Suarez). Might of been Schteve McLaren's FC Twente that won it.

I get your point re Mad Felix and Ranieri. They were bad appointments as (a) anyone in Germany would have told you he was a busted flush and (b) we didn't have players for Ranieri brand of football.

Someone with a recent track record of winning promotion from the Championship would have been a good choice.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: LittleErn on December 11, 2019, 05:08:55 PM
Pretty fair comment beerbelly, but I doubt if even Bilic or Bielsa could work magic with our current crop of defenders. As Parker himself said last night, we can't keep giving teams a two goal lead. I appreciate that the attack (other than Mitro) are under-performing but a solid defence behind them would give them a real boost. As it is they are too often playing catch-up against teams that can afford to retreat into a compact defence because they are already in front. Some of our attackers need a boost in confidence, sure, but they would be more likely to get that if they were not always looking over their shoulders at the chaos behind them. Our central defenders don't look good when they are chasing back towards their own goal, but that is happening several times a game. Let's see if we improve with Hector in the team and when we have better midfield players back to fitness, but I believe new blood is required.

Bielsa has been keeping clean sheets playing 2 wingers at full back. With full backs at CB too.

The system is everything.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 11, 2019, 05:42:28 PM

Or like Joka, Hodgson, or Hughes? Stop cherry picking, it's lazy. Replacing a manager is a gamble, but I'll take it over the crap being served right now. It's not getting any better.