News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Automatic Promotion Places Done and Dusted?

Started by davew, December 11, 2019, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will we finish in the top 2

Yes
12 (25%)
No
29 (60.4%)
Don´t know
7 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: December 14, 2019, 07:29:45 PM

davew

In my book yes, but what do you guys think  1500.gif
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Penfold

At this stage, you can't normally say done and dusted, but it's going to take a good run from one of the teams outside the top two, or one of them falling apart (Leeds would be nice 😈)

Sgt Fulham

Not based on points, though it would take a miracle. Based on performances instead.

davew

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 11, 2019, 07:20:50 PM
Not based on points, though it would take a miracle. Based on performances instead.
It would be a miracle then for us to finish in the top 2 then, not enough points and inept performances by us, think we share the same view then.

H4usuallysitting

Long way to go.....season doesn't start until January....and any other cliché you'd like to add

davew

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on December 11, 2019, 07:29:55 PM
Long way to go.....season doesn't start until January....and any other cliché you'd like to add
Yes m8, a poll (lol)! Please feel free to vote or comment further. Forgot to add that although the season doesn´t apparently start until January (must check the Championship fixtures list), I don´t think we will be involved in a relegation battle, many years we have not been able to say that over the last 60 years!

Moltobueno

Well Leeds is known for their 2nd half of the season  082.gif

SP

grandad

SP will secure us top 6. Where in the 6 is too early to predict.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: Moltobueno on December 11, 2019, 08:07:49 PM
Well Leeds is known for their 2nd half of the season  082.gif
LOL but history might not repeat itself again this year, but of course I hope it does!

davew

Quote from: grandad on December 11, 2019, 08:34:26 PM
SP will secure us top 6. Where in the 6 is too early to predict.
The latest bad weather over there must be clouding your judgement, however I think you are probably right, if we don´t make the top 6 with this squad, what a shambles and we will have to blame everybody associated in the running of FFC!

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Right, so after 21 games in a 46 game season, we have absolutely no chance of catching them? Or any other team for that matter.
Both leeds and West Brom are going to get exactly the same amount of points per game, as all the others close by.

Yep. Definitely nailed on.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Statto

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 11, 2019, 07:20:50 PM
Agreed
I can see the top 2 dropping points... But I can see us dropping more
Parker is just not learning or improving us in any way

FFC1987

At this point; it's highly unlikely we'll not only rely on them getting bad results consistently, but we 'll get good results consistently, so yes, it so t happening

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Spirit of 2000

Totally done & dusted - and Parker isn't the sort of savvy manager to get a side up via the playoffs, which is why a change needed sooner rather than later.

MJG

Not 100% but its going to take one team at least to falter form wise and the other to be best team for the last 25 games.

For example WBA on 46 points from 21 games. IF we say 91 points(avg for last 6 years for 2nd place) is needed then they require 45 from next 25 games which is just slightly better than we have done this season. So as long as they are in say top 6 for form I reckon they will make it.
While Fulham would need 56 from 25 which is better than Leeds and WBA have done so far.

the odds on very much in favour of the top 2 staying as they are.
Just the views of a long term fan