watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tom Cairney

Started by Facts Not Fiction, January 22, 2020, 10:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Discuss his positive influence on the side. Because I'm struggling.

Huxley

All he adds at the moment is his name from previous seasons. Must be carrying an injury or other issues.

Tabby

He is the one who set up the few chances the team had from open play.

Mince n Tatties

He doesn't seem to have any energy.

ALG01

Massively out of position a la ranieri, we needed to get arter off and drp tc deeper... his best position.
Totally wasted so advanced, parker showed zero imagination in how to cope with difficult circumstances.
As far as cav is concerned, now there is a serial wate of space, he is genuinely pointless.

Matt10

Quote from: Tabby on January 22, 2020, 10:12:03 PM

Exactly. Not sure why he's being singled out yet again.

Sgt Fulham

Not in his best form but when he is he is the best midfielder in this league. I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for a fair while longer.

Sting of the North

This right here is a good reason. But it would help if he was played in the right way in a functioning midfield. Tom will never be a jack of all trades. Still think he was better than Onomah, and much better than Arter today. The biggest problem is that SP seemingly has no idea what he wants the midfield to do, or at least the players don't seem to know. It feels more and more like the good spells like the first 30 minutes against Boro is happening purely because we have good players and sometimes things just happens to work. There are no signs however that we are following a plan on how to gradually improve. Although injuries hasn't been helping, difficult to feel other than the first half season or so being a waste of time and talent as there is no more of a structure than it was the first few games (actually would say it's less, since Parker seem to chop and change much more as if he's lost faith in his own ideas already).

southwest6

Quote from: ALG01 on January 22, 2020, 10:16:16 PM
Massively out of position a la ranieri, we needed to get arter off and drp tc deeper... his best position.
Totally wasted so advanced, parker showed zero imagination in how to cope with difficult circumstances.
As far as cav is concerned, now there is a serial wate of space, he is genuinely pointless.

not entirely if you're taking the piss or not

love4ffc

This is it for me. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Whitestone

Agree with others. Not being played in his best position so no real surprise that he isn't replicating his old form.

The Rational Fan

We bought Seri because we were too dependent on often injuried Cairney for creativity. In the Premier League, we struggled to play both Seri and Cairney at the same time, but with only one of them in the squad we sometimes have no Cairney (or semi-fit Cairney) which is not good enough. Bring Seri Back, they can play 45 mins each.

toshes mate

I agree with S-O-T-N.  How can you expect anyone to function properly when there is no sensible plan coordinating the midfield organisation?  There was one point in the game around the hour mark when after a Charlton attack broke down McDonald urged the play forward looking for a pass and Arter was ambling meaninglessly along well behind him not even looking to join up play.  And I am not just talking about Arter others were equally guilty of not joining in.  Hector, Odoi, De Cordova-Reid, Cavaleiro, and Bryan did have some sense of purpose at times but there just wasn't any oomph.  What the hell are the coaching staff doing too?

What are we paying these people for?

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on January 22, 2020, 10:37:38 PM
I agree with S-O-T-N.  How can you expect anyone to function properly when there is no sensible plan coordinating the midfield organisation?  There was one point in the game around the hour mark when after a Charlton attack broke down McDonald urged the play forward looking for a pass and Arter was ambling meaninglessly along well behind him not even looking to join up play.  And I am not just talking about Arter others were equally guilty of not joining in.  Hector, Odoi, De Cordova-Reid, Cavaleiro, and Bryan did have some sense of purpose at times but there just wasn't any oomph.  What the hell are the coaching staff doing too?

What are we paying these people for?

Several weeks back there were complaints that we were rushing too many into the attack and getting caught on the counter. I'd say that was probably what was being coached. It proved correct as well because we looked to be in trouble when Charlton managed to counter.

The Rational Fan

We should have kept Anguissa, Seri and Ayite rather than bringing in Reed, Arter and Reid.

fulhamben

Quote from: Matt10 on January 22, 2020, 10:16:38 PM

Exactly. Not sure why he's being singled out yet again.
and it was Tom that spread the ball to Bryan which led to the boro goal too.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

70sPimlico

wrong position and targeted, had no time on ball. He made a couple of chances which were incredibly rare overall. I know cafc are desperate for points but 11 behind ball in their final 3rd was probably unexpected.

Also, I don't know if anyone agrees but the pitch was horrible. It was the sort of pitch I had to play on. It was like a hockey astroturf pitch with patches. You really need to be careful on first touch and that does not make for slick passing

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 22, 2020, 10:42:30 PM
We should have kept Anguissa, Seri and Ayite rather than bringing in Reed, Arter and Reid.
yep
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: southwest6 on January 22, 2020, 10:27:03 PM

Me neither. The tragic thing is, I don't think he is.

ALG01

Quote from: southwest6 on January 22, 2020, 10:27:03 PM

no i am serious, cav is a hard worker, seems a noce bloke but has preciouse little end product. loses possesion over nd over needlesly, always has to do something fancy dan, does not make the best of his ability and generally is a massive under achiever. i know the popular view is otherwise but frankly i am very underwhelned and can see why wolves have let him go