Previous topic - Next topic

Are you enjoying this season?

Yes
50 (66.7%)
No
25 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Sgt Fulham

Not trying to fish here, and I know it may be biased by the recent disappointment but when answering please try and think about the season as a whole so far. I know some people enjoy the competitiveness of the Championship regardless of where we finish and some want nothing but the Premier League. I want to know how the average Fulham fan feels about this season so far.

Feel free to discuss your vote and reasoning.

FFC1987

I put no. I feel we're underachieving, play uninspiring football and don't utilise the attacking talent and squad we have well enough. I don't like to play like Sunday league, but watching our players pass sideways and backwards for the majority of the match and not really create much is frustrating and not really enjoyable. Love possession football with a purpose and you can see an end game, but sadly, too many times, we haven't seen that.

ALG01

Too many underacheiving performances
Scott has not worked it out yet

fulhamben

Nope, our football for the most part is dire to watch
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ffc73

Matt10

Tough time to post this, but yeah I'm enjoying this season. We have a new manager, who has us playing good football at times. We're 3rd in the table, when some struggled to think Top 6. We have players who experienced so much losing last season, and to see them experience this type of season is empowering. We have players that started slow this season and are proving doubters wrong, which is probably even more empowering and motivating as a player. We've got a defender in Michael Hector that is answering questions in which "Was he worth the wait" - and for once, we can say that he is. We've got one of the best strikers in the world that is wanting to prove his worth and is committed to the club.

The positives, to me, outweigh the negatives. Can't wait for the next match and see what we do against Man City.

Milo

Yes! It's always interesting. Felt Prem was dire. EFL is much more fun.

Woolly Mammoth

As has already been said, the positives outweigh the negatives and with 17 games to go I am optimistic, and why shouldn't I be. The last time I looked we were still in third place, maybe not in the driving seat, but only two teams out of 24, can say that. Football is a funny old game, and a week in Football is a long time. So I am still enjoying this season and why shouldn't I.
Because if I am not with my team in third place, then Football is in dire straits.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Quote from: Milo on January 22, 2020, 10:59:53 PM
Yes! It's always interesting. Felt Prem was dire. EFL is much more fun.

Always wish we were doing better, but, overall The Championship is far more competitive and better in two important ways.
1. No VAR.
2. Any given season we are practically guaranteed to lose 36 points both home and away to the top six.
That is not the case in The Championship, we are never sure if we will win, lose or draw.
Unless you can put together an outstanding team whilst winning The Championship you are always favourites to come straight back down (I know....... Sheffield United???).

Remember long ago a treasured poster on here, Tony Gilroy, carried out a survey of our time in football since our inception.
Our overall average position has been upper half of second division (The Championship).
So currently we are doing a little better than we should be!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Statto

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I think a lot of us were expecting and hoping for even better, but Football does not work like that. Now the choice is that a club can be knee jerk and panic and think the grass is always greener on the other side.
Or a club can think to themselves stability is the key and we build on it and keep it ticking over with a huge heart beat, the bigger the heartbeat the better the team, but keep moving in small steps because otherwise you raise too many expectations. Last season in the Premier Division we had no heartbeat and it took its toll.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Yes.   Squad is better than the 17/18 squad (and we have 2 more wins right now than they had at this time of the season)... owners are buying good players...games are competitive...and we've kept 3 clean sheets.   Kept Mitro, Cairney and Stefjo...

And even though he's inexperienced I love Scott Parker as a manager.   If we were mid table I'd feel differently, but we're not.  I think he's learning and will be a much better manager for the squad next season.

The only problem I have is consistency...but some of that has to do with the injuries to the squad...and people (including the owners) overrating Mawson as a FB.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 23, 2020, 02:18:33 AM
Yes.   Squad is better than the 17/18 squad (and we have 2 more wins right now than they had at this time of the season)... owners are buying good players...games are competitive...and we've kept 3 clean sheets.   Kept Mitro, Cairney and Stefjo...

And even though he's inexperienced I love Scott Parker as a manager.   If we were mid table I'd feel differently, but we're not.  I think he's learning and will be a much better manager for the squad next season.

The only problem I have is consistency...but some of that has to do with the injuries to the squad...and people (including the owners) overrating Mawson as a FB.

+1

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
No. Expected better.

Rodak, Odoi, Hector and Mitrovoic have been much better than I expected, but the rest of the team have been disappointing. Many of the games that we have won the other team has played poorly, and when the other team played reasonable well like Charlton we failed to break them down. I think the Championship is very weak this season especially some parachute payment teams (eg. Swansea, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Stoke and League One's Sunderland). Next season, I think we will have some parachute payment clubs (e.g. West Ham or Aston Villa) that will absolutely kill us in the transfer market and if that converts to on-pitch performance they will get 90-100 points..

Russianrob

No,even if we win on Saturday and gain promotion at the end of the season Parker's style of football is not suitable for Fulham.We have become predictable and so boring to watch.

RaySmith

I am enjoying the season - we are in third, and have a good chance of at least getting a play- off place, playing sublime football at times, with quality now running  right through the team.

Things could have been so much worse after relegation. How are Cardiff and Huddersfield doing?

Actually, a bit of a hard to answer  question re supporting a team and 'enjoyment.'

I always  look forward to games, even when we aren't doing so well, and went to many games home and away last season, spending a lot of money, always hoping we would get a result, but only witnessed one  win -  a great performance home to Brighton.

Throughout my Fulham supporting career, since the early 60's, I've probably seen us lose more times than we've won, and we  haven't actually won much in terms of trophies, even when we've made cup finals - 'the Intertoto, we've won it one time.'

Yet, I'm still filled with anticipation fpr the next game, want to come on here and read the discussion, though recently it's become particularly toxic.

I used to go an see us in the Fourth Division, when you could sit on the terraces, there were  so few  fans to witness often dire games. But I still went, still looked forward to the next game, hoped we'd win.

Now though, we are doing very well, with an ambitious , rich owner, and ambitious  young manager,  and i go to games with a sense of anticipation not only that we're get a decent result, but that we are going to achieve something this season, when the opposite could have happened after relegation.

What's not to enjoy about following Fulham at the moment - I don't get it.

Mince n Tatties

YES....We're 3rd top,not 3rd bottom.

The Enclosurite

I feel like you need a middle option on this but the fact that I'm not NOT enjoying the season means I have voted yes.
¡COYW!

Wolf

Not really. So many matches moved to Friday or Saturday lunchtime which with children, who play football Saturday mornings, are difficult for me to attend. I also think we do not have the right manager but that's not an unusual view.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

grandad

I am enjoying this season as I find it more enjoyable than the PL as it is a more level playing field.
Where there's a will there's a wife