Are you enjoying this season?

Yes
50 (66.7%)
No
25 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Wolf on January 23, 2020, 08:15:41 AM
Not really. So many matches moved to Friday or Saturday lunchtime which with children, who play football Saturday mornings, are difficult for me to attend. I also think we do not have the right manager but that's not an unusual view.

Yes that's a bug.
I see apart from TV games the premier midweek kick offs are now 7-30 instead if 7-45.

H3Matt

No.

In the 17/18 season we were the most enjoyable team to watch in England. Now we're boring and predictable.
I don't want to get promoted under Parker because with his inexperience and our shocking recruitment, we'll get the sh*t kicked out of us and come tumbling back down. Again.

toshes mate

Strange as it may seem I enjoyed life under Jokanovic better than the trite excuse for being better equipped we are currently seeing.  He offered an optimism about how his football would eventually become so easy on the eye and so effective.  Parker's style seems hackneyed and mundane by comparison and even promotion will not float my boat as Jokanovic did.  Give me the Serbian way of doing things any day of the week.

SuffolkWhite

Yes.....3rd place now and expected top 6 finish.

Consistency could be better and new players can take longer than you think to gel, but with more defensive options "Hector" we appear to be in a better state than 6 matches back.

SP needs time to develop also, He's no Sanchez, The Mad German or Tinker man thanks God!!!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HV71

I'm enjoying it - compared to the premiership - because it's very difficult to predict results. I'm not enjoying it as much as the last time in the championship.

Under Joka we were served up a la Carte  football with lobster and steak regularly on the menu.

This season is like being invited to Mary Berry's for supper only to find you are  having a takeaway

charlieFFC

Obviously asking this straight after "dropping points" is going to lead to skewed results.

That being said Im slightly enjoying it overall.

It's too stop-start at the moment though. The games we win are predominately close affairs with us sitting deep and passing it around for 80+ minutes. The games we lose / draw see us failing to breakdown a team for 80+ minutes with the same passing it around the back.

That being said we are 3rd and have experienced a few great games.

Lighthouse

Well it is better than last season. But the older I get the less of a drug it becomes. I am enjoying the season but I am not really invested in it. People who are optimists are disappointed. Those of us who looked at our squad and didn't see us walking the league as a few seem to have thought. Are naturally happier.

Enjoying it but hasn't captured the imagination. It is worth watching but only when there isn't much else to do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Dr Quinzel

I'm not doom and gloom, but am I enjoying it? No, I wouldn't say so. But then I've just logged in to see if tickets for Milwall are for sale yet, so it isn't making me stay away either.

I've felt much better in January over any other month this season. Since Hector signed I've felt more confident in the team and with Kongolo coming in and rumours of Gibson I sense that those in charge are finally addressing things (big stress on finally!) that have bothered me for a long time, so it's a case of taking the positives moving forwards.

filham

Yes/No, Well not as much as I had hoped for. I think Parker has been struggling to find his best team, we have suffered with a shaky defence and are now having difficulty scoring goals because of an overreliance on the injured Mitro.

However with the introduction of Hector and the return of Mitro I think things will soon improve and I am looking forward to an enjoyable second half of the season that could climax in another visit to Wembley.

LVBPTS

i have to say, a great big YES
there are the ups and the downs of the championship that we love. the great football we play one game is met with frustration in the next. its a rollercoaster of emotions and i absolutely love it
there is the obvious case of winning more than you loose but also feel closer to the club when were in a league like this

i understand we all want to be in the premier league and we all want to be playing football again like we did under Slav, but until those days where we can do a wolves come, im happy to be a yo-yo club and build build build

i do like and always have liked the khans and think the more we do under their tenier, the better TK will become. we can all see he has made leaps and bounds in the last year with recruitment, turning the tide of opinion etc

bring on the next game and lets get that second spot!

if we come down again, so be it. for me, it is literally a case of every cloud has a silver lining :-)

all the above is said from my perspective as the eternal optimist
Supporter since 2000

Luka

Nope, not enjoying Parkers brand of turgid, unimaginative and predictabley dull football.
Yes we are third but its not the results,  its the manner of the results win, loose or draw that Im finding so dull.
I am certainly not being entertained for 90 minutes and for me the only excitement being delivered is during the final 10 minutes as we desperatley cling onto whatever point(s) are on offer!!
Do I want the top division yes, do I want to watch Parker take us there?.........100% No.

Dodger53

Quote from: The Enclosurite on January 23, 2020, 08:11:07 AM
I feel like you need a middle option on this but the fact that I'm not NOT enjoying the season means I have voted yes.
Took some time to decide but remembered the many walks through the park be it win lose or draw saying how boring it was. So went for NO. Until recently we were getting worse every week. Hopefully the new players will improve things, I have yet to see Hector play.

sunburywhite

Wait until next season if we go up and we are getting battered by Liverpool 6-0
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

The Rock

I am enjoying it, but I don't like it.

That should make sense to most.

MikeW

Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
No.
Expected better.

Me too.  The caveat was always 'what will they do about the defence' and until Jan 1st, the answer was nothing.  Our DoF has made some very good moves at times and he's not slow in reminding us.  But he has made some shockers as well, not just with purchasing over priced, under skilled players but in his timing and forward planning. 

I still feel he is being totally let down by the scouting team as I've said on here many times because, at the end of the day I'm sure he and the old man have their heart in the right place along with the cheque book.  But they are not football men.  MAF was similar.  He recruited KK and Wilkins who in turn did the master stroke of getting Arthur Cox on board.  A football man.  Knew everyone, old sweat, recognised talent.

It's a battle this division and while I'm hopeful that the Jan defensive signings will prove worthwhile, some of our key players are loanees.  Dangerous if we get promoted.  Will we sign them? Are they good enough for Prem life. In many respects a (Potentially) nice problem to have but we got it very wrong last time.

Still, we have to get there first.  COYW
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

colinwhite

colinwhite

Im still enjoying the season. I think  development has/is taking place. People seem to think you can just throw a group of good players together and that makes you have an automatic right to win . You havent . and things take time build. Parker has the makings of a manager  nad that will also take time. I still think we are going to go up and we can make the top 2.

WindyCity

I would have to say a mild 'no'.  There have been some things to smile about, but, on balance, this team has failed to perform to expectations and with any kind of 'consistency'.  From game to game you just never know what you're gonna get.  Everyone in this forum keeps "waiting" for the club to turn good.  And we still wait.

How can this team look so good and dominating and getting chances, albeit scoring only once, v Boro last week, and then the very next game, v a very weak Charlton side and look so poor, even though having the usual possession advantage.  It almost looked as if FFC was playing for a draw.  I don't get it.  That was 3 points for the taking, failed.

For many here in this thread the fact we sit 3rd brings solace and comfort.  I would point out we only sit 4 points clear of 7th and no promotion chance.  This team has largely underperformed this season.  Still waiting for FFC to show some consistency and some solid wins.  We can't keep hoping against hope that other teams we fight with will lose, FFC has to win games and prove they are justified to be a team worthy of promotion.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: MikeW on January 23, 2020, 05:13:28 PM
Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
No.
Expected better.

Me too.  The caveat was always 'what will they do about the defence' and until Jan 1st, the answer was nothing.  Our DoF has made some very good moves at times and he's not slow in reminding us.  But he has made some shockers as well, not just with purchasing over priced, under skilled players but in his timing and forward planning. 

I still feel he is being totally let down by the scouting team as I've said on here many times because, at the end of the day I'm sure he and the old man have their heart in the right place along with the cheque book.  But they are not football men.  MAF was similar.  He recruited KK and Wilkins who in turn did the master stroke of getting Arthur Cox on board.  A football man.  Knew everyone, old sweat, recognised talent.

It's a battle this division and while I'm hopeful that the Jan defensive signings will prove worthwhile, some of our key players are loanees.  Dangerous if we get promoted.  Will we sign them? Are they good enough for Prem life. In many respects a (Potentially) nice problem to have but we got it very wrong last time.

Still, we have to get there first.  COYW

Not sure Jacksonville fans would say the same about 'heart in the right place'. I think we should watch the Khan's moves carefully - SK maybe moreso than TK.

Just waiting for him to revisit the Wembley purchase personally.

I agree with many of your other points however.

fcfulham55

I very much enjoy it when we win.   Lose and on ocassion such as last night some draws. Them I'm thouroughly p****d off till the next win. 

Also the referees have been appalling!  We're not a great team to watch so much now, but by God are we still a heck of a lot better than a vast majority.  Charlton the latest bore fest., sure we may have contributed but playing for a draw at home, wasting time. EF ME you bunch of smack heads.
Sent from my Nokia 3310