Previous topic - Next topic

Are you enjoying this season?

Yes
50 (66.7%)
No
25 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Carborundum

Yes.  Championship more enjoyable than Premier League. Almost every game fiercely contested.  Most of all because football, any football, is fun.

But I'll readily admit it's not quite as much fun as Surrey Youth League. 

Steeeeeeeeeed

Just about a "Yes, I am Enjoying it" overrall, but we seem to look good for 2 games then go really flat again for a game or two.... Very up and down.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: H3Matt on January 23, 2020, 08:23:40 AM
No.

In the 17/18 season we were the most enjoyable team to watch in England. Now we're boring and predictable.
I don't want to get promoted under Parker because with his inexperience and our shocking recruitment, we'll get the sh*t kicked out of us and come tumbling back down. Again.
I know this is your opinion...but as a fan of Fulham, it's sounds to me like you want the team to fail this year.

I'd argue that the first half of last week was enjoyable to watch. That tells me that this team and this manager can present Fulham fans with attractive football.

So...you'd prefer not to get promoted?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

joef

Yep, first season in a looong time I have a season ticket again, but now with the added bonus of bringing my 7 year old son. I LOVE IT. The train journey with him, the chats, the walk to the ground, meeting my family for a pint before, watching a game with him like I did with my dad and grandad, then journey home chatting about it all. 🙌🏻

FFC1987

Quote from: joef on January 23, 2020, 07:48:04 PM
Yep, first season in a looong time I have a season ticket again, but now with the added bonus of bringing my 7 year old son. I LOVE IT. The train journey with him, the chats, the walk to the ground, meeting my family for a pint before, watching a game with him like I did with my dad and grandad, then journey home chatting about it all. 🙌🏻

My son is 8 months old and I must admit, I can't wait till he's old enough for this experience. Results are a bonus at that stage.

joef

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 23, 2020, 07:49:00 PM

My son is 8 months old and I must admit, I can't wait till he's old enough for this experience. Results are a bonus at that stage.

That's what's great about watching it with a kid. Brutal honestly, then onto the next thing, no dwelling, they don't want to when there's Mates and sweets and crisps and music and fizzy drinks and computer games and many more things they are yet to experience fully

FFC1987

Quote from: joef on January 23, 2020, 07:52:04 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 23, 2020, 07:49:00 PM

That's what's great about watching it with a kid. Brutal honestly, then onto the next thing, no dwelling, they don't want to when there's Mates and sweets and crisps and music and fizzy drinks and computer games and many more things they are yet to experience fully

Yep, hopefully it mellows me out a bit! Very jealous.

bobbo

I voted no , reasons :-
I had what I thought was probably one of the best seats in the riverside 7 seats off halfway line and now in the Putney end , only plus is I got the same gang around me. ( can't wait to get back there )
The football has been boring to a degree , the constant slow build ups .
Some , not all of course of parkers substitutions have left me aghast.
There's more minuses than pluses for me this time round, yes we're third which is great but we can't go up with what we have right now . Not least some loners will go back.
Sorry if it appears a very negative post but I'm being as honest as I can.
FFC pretty much been my first love since uni started going 1958 and I'll be there till I can't be.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Buffalo76

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on January 23, 2020, 06:19:42 PM
Just about a "Yes, I am Enjoying it" overrall, but we seem to look good for 2 games then go really flat again for a game or two.... Very up and down.

:plus one:

cookieg

This is a season of so many frustrations with our results. I think the play-offs is easily achievable but we have failed to turn up to games when we needed to which would have us easily top 2. I know the same can be said for all teams (Leeds and WBA seem to be doing their best to let us in) but we do seem to be more likely to slip up. But onwards and, hopefully, upwards.

SP

I'm absolutely loving watching the Riverside development progress week by week.

Sgt Fulham

Quite a majority voting for 'yes'. It is really interesting how people can perceive something so differently. Plenty of good reasons on both sides and really this season has been a very mixed bag. Personally I voted for no. I think expectation has ruined the season by changing the goalposts. Usually I would be ecstatic at third place, but with our roster it's an underachievement. You get nothing for finishing 3rd apart from a shot at the playoffs, in which anything can happen. I firmly believe we shouldn't have to take such a risk with the players we have. I also think the style of play we have is so restrictive based on the talent (I believe) we have. Maybe I rate us too highly? Who knows. Having said all that I think I will look back on this season positively. Another entertaining year in the Championship, and it could be a lot worse than being third and winning more than we lose.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 24, 2020, 06:00:29 PM
Quite a majority voting for 'yes'. It is really interesting how people can perceive something so differently. Plenty of good reasons on both sides and really this season has been a very mixed bag. Personally I voted for no. I think expectation has ruined the season by changing the goalposts. Usually I would be ecstatic at third place, but with our roster it's an underachievement. You get nothing for finishing 3rd apart from a shot at the playoffs, in which anything can happen. I firmly believe we shouldn't have to take such a risk with the players we have. I also think the style of play we have is so restrictive based on the talent (I believe) we have. Maybe I rate us too highly? Who knows. Having said all that I think I will look back on this season positively. Another entertaining year in the Championship, and it could be a lot worse than being third and winning more than we lose.

I purposefully went into the season not ASSUMING anything.   I hoped the team would play well (which I've seen), I'd hoped Michael Hector would be an improvement on Mawson (which he is) and I'd hoped Scott Parker would have a successful debut season in the championship.  (imo, comparable to Slav...he has)

That's why I voted yes.    My hopes have been met so far.    I didn't start the season with expectations.

I personally don't think Fulham FC is at a level where expecting anything is helpful.   Wanting things, sure.   Expecting things...imo is a stretch.   Especially in the Championship.

I mean, there is only one Chris Wilder out there.   I'm just hoping Scott can be half as good as him. (while being backed by the Khan's checkbook)

thebumponleroyshead

I suppose it depends heavily on what you've experienced as a Fulham fan. I can empathise with the majority of views. Mine is happy but having sealed promotion recently at Wembley it brings an added measured element to any euphoria as the prize of promotion versus remaining and possibly losing players is so stark given the financial weight.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Twig

I'm enjoying the season. I didn't share the views of those who argued we have easily the best squad in the division and should walk automatic promotion. For me we are about on target as per my expectations.  I occasionally get frustrated when we play walking football but I also find some of our stuff exhilarating and there's enough of the latter to give m e hope for the rest of the season.  At least we always try to play football not some tedious Neanderthal rubbish.  I love that we are giving a young British manager a chance and I'll cut him a bit of slack for that reason.  Seeing our new stand being developed is also a big plus.

ealex40

Quote from: Statto on January 23, 2020, 12:00:40 AM
No.
Expected better.

Agree. We played more exciting football under Slavisa.