watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scapegoats

Started by Peabody, January 23, 2020, 07:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I see the usual practice of seeking scapegoats raises it's head again, particularly after our team not performing to the expected level. So Tom and Ivan are the latest targets. I suppose the star critics could just walk into the team and perform at the same level game after game.

FFC1987

Top post. Well done......

@jolslover

Where have people abused Ivan? Probably our most gifted player and recently been putting in a shift aswell
STH H3

Peabody

Quote from: @jolslover on January 23, 2020, 08:23:55 PM
Where have people abused Ivan? Probably our most gifted player and recently been putting in a shift aswell

Try ALG01 in the Tom Cairney thread

Peabody

All opinions, I know..l

Milo

Spotted ALG's comment about Cav which I felt was harsh. Poor bloke so isolated and worked his socks off. Showed lots of strength to hold and retain possession like Mitro but it just isn't his natural role.

The Rational Fan

"For unto whomsoever much [talent] is given, of him shall much be required" in Luke 12:48. I don't think players are scapegoats (ie. falsely accused for the reason our attack is getting worse), but the team has become too dependent on the prodigious talents of Mitrovic, Cairney, and Cavaleiro for creativity so  any slip off is a disaster.

Woolly Mammoth

I find it hard to understand why Fulham and our players and our manager currently in third place, get so much criticism from its own supporters. Everything every error, miss or goals conceded are dissected so harshly, I find it hard to comprehend. It is not as though we have a Trophy Cabinet the size of Real Madrid's. That I could understand as the fans are use to success.
But the last time they opened up Fulhams Trophy Cabinet a pile of Tumbleweed blew out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

I see I am the the scapegoat.

What you are doing, in any other walk of life is trying to isolate me and bully me with your nasty digs above. I am bery unimpressed and think the mods should step in and reprimand you all! An overly poisenous poster that has had a season ticket for around 60 years been to virtually every big game including all the relegations, what a horrible way to be treated by so called supporters.

I have expressed my honest view and do not expect to be discussed elsewhere.

PS Ivan is massively underachieving. he works hard, true, I cannot fault him for that. he seems to be a very nice man that is committed to the cause, i cannot fault him, but he is wasteful with his talent and has precious little end product.

FFC1987

I don't agree with your opinion but i'll respect it. Some really poorly thought out accusations above and to be honest, the original post was a pointless attempt to cause argument anyway.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ALG01 on January 23, 2020, 10:57:09 PM
I see I am the the scapegoat.

What you are doing, in any other walk of life is trying to isolate me and bully me with your nasty digs above. I am bery unimpressed and think the mods should step in and reprimand you all! An overly poisenous poster that has had a season ticket for around 60 years been to virtually every big game including all the relegations, what a horrible way to be treated by so called supporters.

I have expressed my honest view and do not expect to be discussed elsewhere.

PS Ivan is massively underachieving. he works hard, true, I cannot fault him for that. he seems to be a very nice man that is committed to the cause, i cannot fault him, but he is wasteful with his talent and has precious little end product.

Do not let this get you down, you are not a scapegoat, maybe an escaped goat, but you are entitled to your opinion, and it should be respected even if some of us may not agree.
As for bullies, I happen to be a BullyFinder General, so no worries, we are all Fulham supporters and have different views and will all cheer together when Fulham score.
Remember the Tom Cairney goal v Villa at Wembley when we all cheered together for the next 24 hours and longer, happy days and more happy days are to come, so don't let people get to you, stiff upper lip, remember Pen and Sword.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 23, 2020, 10:52:09 PM
I find it hard to understand why Fulham and our players and our manager currently in third place, get so much criticism from its own supporters. Everything every error, miss or goals conceded are dissected so harshly, I find it hard to comprehend. It is not as though we have a Trophy Cabinet the size of Real Madrid's. That I could understand as the fans are use to success.
But the last time they opened up Fulhams Trophy Cabinet a pile of Tumbleweed blew out.

Last season, we were around the 16th-18th most expensive team and people were disappointed we came 19th. This season, we are the most expensive team by miles and miles, and we are 3rd-5th. Zita perfectly valid to be equally disappointed.

Last season, we got FFP money for players only 2 weeks before the season (from SK) and 5 weeks before the season (from EPL) and normally bought players over the 2 weeks after getting money (which is understandable), this season we had 12 months to prepare for this season and still don't seem ready. Last season, we got 3 points total home/away against the bottom six teams, this season we got 2 points home/away against Charlton. Our team last year would have won this league, even with TFM at right back.

What is worst is this season the league is very weak and next season it will be very strong. After next season, our TV Budget is the same as QPR and others, and will be significantly less than Huddersfield.

What Parker has done to last years squad is open heart surgery and we need to recover soon to win promotion otherwise we will have to sell all the players as their wages are too high and perform open heart surgery again with much less money.

Milo

Apologies, wasn't trying to target you ALG I was just picking up on the Cav discussion and adding my thoughts on his performance.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 23, 2020, 11:36:13 PM

Last season, we were around the 16th-18th most expensive team and people were disappointed we came 19th. This season, we are the most expensive team by miles and miles, and we are 3rd-5th. Zita perfectly valid to be equally disappointed.

Last season, we got FFP money for players only 2 weeks before the season (from SK) and 5 weeks before the season (from EPL) and normally bought players over the 2 weeks after getting money (which is understandable), this season we had 12 months to prepare for this season and still don't seem ready. Last season, we got 3 points total home/away against the bottom six teams, this season we got 2 points home/away against Charlton. Our team last year would have won this league, even with TFM at right back.

What is worst is this season the league is very weak and next season it will be very strong. After next season, our TV Budget is the same as QPR and others, and will be significantly less than Huddersfield.

What Parker has done to last years squad is open heart surgery and we need to recover soon to win promotion otherwise we will have to sell all the players as their wages are too high and perform open heart surgery again with much less money.

Please do not despair, all is not lost.
You are dissecting this issue and Dissecting is now deemed to be a Public Order Offence, so please refrain.
As for amounts of money paid for players and the costs. I feel It is unwise to measure the capability of a team by how much is spent, otherwise you are going to beat yourself up with an obsession as to why we have spent more money than Two Bob Rovers but we are not top of the pile yet.
Forget that and concentrate on how much worth they are to the club with their on field displays, especially the key players and then work out their real value to the team, after all its only money, but it's flesh and blood that win matches, and hearts the size of a football ⚽️.

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: Milo on January 24, 2020, 12:59:58 AM
Apologies, wasn't trying to target you ALG I was just picking up on the Cav discussion and adding my thoughts on his performance.

Milo,

I should have excluded you from my late night rant....
I understand your point of view and was perfectly happy with your response. I always lov properly discussing football with anyone even if we do not see eye to eye.

I am harsh where cav is concerned because he is clearly very talented indeed but it seems to me we do not see that used to best effect and I honestly feel he needs a few gamees on the bench a la knock to focus his mind.

H4usuallysitting

If there's a bandwagon passing - I'm on it

colinwhite

Not the first time I have read about the  league being so weak this year as if its a fact. Personally, I dont think so. The fact that everone can beat everyone is not a sign of weakness ,but strength. No easy matches.
As far as the economic arguments go ,money can get you players but not necessarily instant success.It takes time to build a team ,and because you have decent players doesnt mean your entitled to diddly- squat.

snarks

I'm always sceptical about this as it is just an arbitrary transfer value on each player, apparently Kongolo is worth £10 million yet couldn't get in to Huddersfield's team.

Also depending on whose ratings you read stoke are either 2nd or 3rd and Huddersfield are in the top 5. It's a statistical analysis that means very little. Certainly it shouldn't be used as a metric of performance.

Dragoman

.....together with a tattered copy of Tommy Trinder's joke book.

The Rational Fan

If a six year old kid coached Liverpool with the same squad they have next season, they will still cone third. If you have the best squad in the league coming third is poor performance. I don't blame Parker for the 30 goal conceeded he has a decent but not great backline, as for the 42 goals scored with Mitro contributing 18 that is underperformance they should be scoring at least 29 non Mitro goals with those players in 29 games.