News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...Are Liverpool That Good, or is The Premiership just a bit Poor this year ?

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, January 23, 2020, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

I think Liverpool are obviously very good, but this does feel like a season where all the other teams have dropped a level or two, particularly the big clubs...

Man City look poor defensively, and the loss of Kompany has been huge, both in defense and the loss of his personality and captaincy it seems.

Man Utd are at their weakest ever point since Fergie left.

Spurs let Poch go, and brought in a plonker

Chelsea are interesting, but deffo not at their usual levels, will.take a while.

Arsenal are building up again, but from a low point.

I have not really been Blown Away by Liverpool in their play, but their consistency has been amazing.... I don't think they are even as good to watch as last season.

fulhamben

It's def poor this year. Absolutely no one challenging them. Even Leicester had spurs chasing them the last time the league took a big dip
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sting of the North

Regardless of the quality of the challengers, Liverpool are extremely good. It's not like every game all of a sudden got easy just because some teams are underperforming.

It's kind of like some claiming that the Championship is poor this year with absolutely no reasonable evidence or visible train of thought other than that top teams lose to bottom half teams (as if that would indicate a poor league). Given the general investment by many teams the last few years, the Championship is most likely better than ever.

St Eve

I think that they are good and the premiership is poor. I can see 40 points getting you relegated

The Rational Fan

Quote from: St Eve on January 24, 2020, 02:22:45 AM
I think that they are good and the premiership is poor. I can see 40 points getting you relegated

There are going to be two extremely good teams go down this season, with decent younger squads and enough money to improve, such as Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and West Ham. Out of the Premier League teams, only Burnley, Brighton, Norwich and Sheffield United would struggle to make the investment required to give them the best team in the Championship to help them bounce back up. We will be the third most expensive squad next season so will have to perform more than the sum of the parts.

The Rational Fan

About Liverpool that is the best back four in terms of attack that I remember and in terms of defense the number of goal conceded seeks for itself, plus the goalkeeper is not bad too. As for attack, i think the front three are amazing both in terms of attack and picking up the ball in midfield. As for the midfield, they aren't the greatest but three workhorses that screen the back four well, win the ball and don't lose it.

Bassey the warrior

They're very good but not being challenged enough. They're not as good as Man City last year though.

toshes mate

It was a terrific game of football as a neutral and Wolves looked like they could go on and win it after their superb headed equalizer but they fluffed some good opportunities.  Not sure Liverpool are 'that good' or just on one of those runs that for some illogical reason just go on and on but their football was, at times, pure class.  It was certainly one of the best games I have watched since the Champions League semi-finals last season.  Pity it isn't repeated more often in the PL. 

HamsterWheel

The stats don't lie - look at the distance players like Henderson run in 90 minutes. And they surpassed the record for most passes in a PL game recently, in the 86th minute. They want it more than any other team, there seem to be no prima donnas. And they have some wonderful players - hope we get back in the Prem so we can see them at the Cottage next season, whatever the result.

Sgt Fulham

The top teams are not performing well this year but I think the mid table teams are strong. Liverpool have very few easy fixtures. Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, Palace can all easily turn you over on their day. So far Liverpool have a perfect record against these. Furthermore the way they turned over City (a fantastic team despite this season) was incredible. If they can keep everyone fit I see no reason why they should not retain the Champions League this year while cruising to the title.