watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I the only one

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 24, 2020, 10:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

That want's Fulham to lose and Wet Brom to win at the weekend.... it's a funny old game

filham

I have the same wish but would think that City and West Hamm are a couple of certs to go in the hat for the fourth round cup draw.
We will have no interest in that draw and will be much more concerned about who will be our striker against Huddersfield.

Woolly Mammoth

No you are not the only one, there are two of you now, but I would like Fulham to win personally and why not, that is more in hope than anything else, but you never know.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I wouldn't turn down a win and the massive confidence boost that would accompany this.  049:gif

092.gif

Mince n Tatties

What is it with you anti FA Cup lot,and why would you want your side to lose.
Same people saying same last season,"Oh let's hope we get beat so we can concentrate on staying in Premier... Hello did it work.
I want my team to win every game,we're playing eleven men on Sunday not immortal gods.
Tranmere 2 Watford 1 last night.
Anyhow I've put £20 on us at @12/1 Coyw.
That's a lie actually, I borrowed it out the wife's bag without her knowing.😁

Robbie

We have no chance of beating City .. hopefully it is not too painful and we move on ...

Fulham 442

We have no chance of beating City .. hopefully it is not too painful and we move on ...

I agree.  The last thing we want is to get absolutely hammered as that won't do much for team morale.

Artful Dodger

I for one would love to see us win and cause a massive upset. Then, we may be due a home draw again against a smaller club and suddenly we're in the quarter finals! Ok, I know it's a long shot!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

flyingfish

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2020, 11:59:51 AM
Same people saying same last season,"Oh let's hope we get beat so we can concentrate on staying in Premier... Hello did it work.
I want my team to win every game,we're playing eleven men on Sunday not immortal gods.

Ladbrokes gave me 22/1

Twig

No way do I want us to lose. Absolutely no way. Of course it's long odds but think of the confidence and impetus it would give the whole squad. Like Mince I really don't get the anti FA Cup brigade, personally I'd love a cup run.

Mince n Tatties

Do you think them Players of ours when they run out on Sunday will be thinking, "Jesus we're going to get slaughtered here"
No they will be banging the walls in the the dressing room and saying"Let's get out there and turn this lot over....If it happens great,if we get thumped so be it.
But they'll have a go at least....Man City who the feck are they...Coyw

The Rock

It's hard to make too much of this game; It's Man City and they should win. Not sure how many of the starting 11 from either side will be on the pitch. I'd expect a handful of chances to the young bloods on both sides. But, "football isn't a game played on paper" (Hodgson)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Rock on January 24, 2020, 01:52:10 PM
It's hard to make too much of this game; It's Man City and they should win. Not sure how many of the starting 11 from either side will be on the pitch. I'd expect a handful of chances to the young bloods on both sides. But, "football isn't a game played on paper" (Hodgson)

No it isn't played on paper.
Early goal put the wind up them,and you just
never know.
I would have liked mind you Mitro to be fit,as I reckon he'd get one over John Stones.

WhiteJC

Quote from: bog on January 24, 2020, 11:44:19 AM
I wouldn't turn down a win and the massive confidence boost that would accompany this.  049:gif

092.gif

fully agree, the magic of the cup and all that, remember Sutton Utd, Shrewsbury Town and Hereford, you never know  049:gif

fulhamfan

Quote from: flyingfish on January 24, 2020, 01:24:06 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2020, 11:59:51 AM

Ladbrokes gave me 22/1

ive just lobbed a fiver on at 22/1

Riversider

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 24, 2020, 10:17:12 AM
That want's Fulham to lose and Wet Brom to win at the weekend.... it's a funny old game

I wish we had lost to Villa and tomorrow we were playing Charlton away,
When we were drawn to play City I can virtually guarantee Dean Smith punched the air and said "thank f*** for that"
Theyve got a free weekend now to recover from their injuries, no way would they want to be going to The Etihad this weekend.

HV71

Simply got to give it our best shot and try to get a result. We should want to see how this squad can compete at the next level - surely the players want to prove a point ?

Statto

Inclined to agree with the OP

colinwhite

Mind you beating City could have a great effect on the players.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: whitejc on January 24, 2020, 02:20:32 PM
Quote from: bog on January 24, 2020, 11:44:19 AM

092.gif

fully agree, the magic of the cup and all that, remember Sutton Utd, Shrewsbury Town and Hereford, you never know  049:gif

Surely your not making us out to be on a level with Sutton and Hereford...Were 3rd top of Championship not a non league side.