watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I the only one

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 24, 2020, 10:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

I never want us to lose. I have never predicted a loss. I want us to win every single game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on January 24, 2020, 05:19:00 PM
I never want us to lose. I have never predicted a loss. I want us to win every single game.

👍
I've never heard any fan from any club who hoped that their team lost....Unbelievable only on here...Fans don't make me laugh.

St Eve

As i have said before we should take the cup seriously and you never know. In 1975 we were drawn away to the leaders, Everton, and they had Bob Latchford, one of the most expensive players in the country. Yes we won and oh yes we got to the cup final

Ronnief

Quote from: St Eve on January 24, 2020, 05:46:16 PM
As i have said before we should take the cup seriously and you never know. In 1975 we were drawn away to the leaders, Everton, and they had Bob Latchford, one of the most expensive players in the country. Yes we won and oh yes we got to the cup final
And what a good day out that was for me.  Never to be forgotten. :003:

Twig

Quote from: Ronnief on January 24, 2020, 05:52:03 PM
Quote from: St Eve on January 24, 2020, 05:46:16 PM
And what a good day out that was for me.  Never to be forgotten. :003:

I was there too. We didn't really turn up did we, but it was still a great day out.

As to those who are "inclined to agree with the OP", let's just agree to disagree.  If we win I shall be cock a hoop but presumably those who want us to lose will be gutted!

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2020, 05:22:42 PM

👍
I've never heard any fan from any club who hoped that their team lost....Unbelievable only on here...Fans don't make me laugh.

For a fan of the older generation, I'm surprised you've never heard of fans of teams wanting to lose or essentially suggest exiting the cup to focus on top 4, playoff positions, promotion, CL game, title win etc is a general talking point.

I've even seen fans ask to lose to get rid of a manager they dislike. So its not an exclusive to Fulham thing.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 24, 2020, 08:40:13 PM

👍

For a fan of the older generation, I'm surprised you've never heard of fans of teams wanting to lose or essentially suggest exiting the cup to focus on top 4, playoff positions, promotion, CL game, title win etc is a general talking point.

I've even seen fans ask to lose to get rid of a manager they dislike. So its not an exclusive to Fulham thing.

Exactly but they aren't fans,true fans don't want to lose any game...Anyway enough said on the subject by me,I know we'll most probably get beat Sunday,I am a realist...But no way would I ever wish my side
to lose...Coyw.

RaySmith

How can any genuine fan see their club taking the pitch in any game and not want them to win?

In '75 We had a record number of replays v Forest, then  Everton away as said, then up to Carlisle,  before facing Brum in the semi, which went to a replay.
Maybe this is again our year, you never  know.

But i don't think it's either/ or - cup win or  promotion,  a result  up at City would do wonders for morale, which we would carry into our next league game.

But we're playing City, and surely every Fulham fan wants us to win, or at least draw. I want this whoever we play, in whatever competition.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 24, 2020, 08:55:10 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 24, 2020, 08:40:13 PM

👍

Exactly but they aren't fans,true fans don't want to lose any game...Anyway enough said on the subject by me,I know we'll most probably get beat Sunday,I am a realist...But no way would I ever wish my side
to lose...Coyw.

For what its worth, I agree entirely on the win thing. Just maybe not calling fans 'not fans' etc. Its just a different perspective.

fulhamben

👍
it happens all the time. Pompey fans were cheering on the away team once because it meant Southampton would go down if they lost which they did. Liverpool fans also wanted Blackburn to beat them to stop united winning the league. Don't get it for a cup game though as a good cup run normally inspires confidence for league games too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on January 24, 2020, 09:01:42 PM
How can any genuine fan see their club taking the pitch in any game and not want them to win?

In '75 We had a record number of replays v Forest, then  Everton away as said, then up to Carlisle,  before facing Brum in the semi, which went to a replay.
Maybe this is again our year, you never  know.

But i don't think it's either/ or - cup win or  promotion,  a result  up at City would do wonders for morale, which we would carry into our next league game.

But we're playing City, and surely every Fulham fan wants them to win, or at least draw. I want this whoever we play, in whatever competition.

0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

KJS

Quote from: filham on January 24, 2020, 11:07:42 AM
I have the same wish but would think that City and West Hamm are a couple of certs to go in the hat for the fourth round cup draw.
We will have no interest in that draw and will be much more concerned about who will be our striker against Huddersfield.

This is the forth riund :doh:

Twig

Quote from: KJS on January 25, 2020, 06:48:48 AM
Quote from: filham on January 24, 2020, 11:07:42 AM
I have the same wish but would think that City and West Hamm are a couple of certs to go in the hat for the fourth round cup draw.
We will have no interest in that draw and will be much more concerned about who will be our striker against Huddersfield.

This is the forth riund :doh:

Good spot.

I Ronic

Quote from: whitejc on January 24, 2020, 02:20:32 PM
Quote from: bog on January 24, 2020, 11:44:19 AM
I wouldn't turn down a win and the massive confidence boost that would accompany this.  049:gif

092.gif

fully agree, the magic of the cup and all that, remember Sutton Utd, Shrewsbury Town and Hereford, you never know  049:gif

:plus one: In any field you'd want to test yourself against better opposition. If we win then I hope Scott plays a few fringe players in the next round(s) The way Roy did in the early stages of the Europa.

70sPimlico

Our injury list right now is horrific. Even putting that aside, our priority is the league. I would hope that we give our youngsters and squad players 90 mins.

This is not to be confused as not wanting us to win. Of course, we all do. But, if we have any more injury's to first team players, we're going to be in serious trouble and that, for me, is not worth the risk

H4usuallysitting

I can't be a true fan....only this last week I've supported The mighty QPR and The wonderful Stoke

Moltobueno

I have a feeling Pep would had said excactly the same about any club that are in TOP6 in Championship.

Nonetheless, I can't imagine anyone wishing their club to lose a game, awkward  1500.gif

General

I'd like us to win, but trying to be realistic in how I set my expectations and also the reality of the situation - we have no recognised out and out striker and are playing one of the strongest squads in the league above. We're solid in midfield when everyone's on form and now in defence with Kongolo and Hector in as reinforcements - so there is a chance, albeit slim that we could get a draw, or it be a closer game.. maybe even sneak a win - but man city would have to play a second string and not be on form and we need a bit of luck - not impossible, but if I were a betting man I wouldn't risk it. It'd still give me great satisfaction/pride if we did win though for the week!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Fulham to win and score a penalty is 100/1 with PP

Woolly Mammoth

I wonder who we will be playing in the Final at Wembley.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.