watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bobby Deal Made Permanent

Started by CincyFulham, January 24, 2020, 05:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Good news and a great signing. Come on Bobby keep up the scoring.
The Swan

Lewes White

Really like him and great news he's signed...proper welcome now Bobby..!!👍👍👍

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2020, 08:11:56 PM
Quote from: west kowloon white on January 24, 2020, 07:17:11 PM
Give it a break - you know who.
if you are referring to me, then why is that? Surely everyone would want an upgrade if we went up
Not necessarily. I'd think Bobby could make it into Sheffield United's squad and they are surviving in the EPL.

We just don't know...but I think Bobby is a good player to have on the squad.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 24, 2020, 08:30:51 PM
if you are referring to me, then why is that? Surely everyone would want an upgrade if we went up
Not necessarily. I'd think Bobby could make it into Sheffield United's squad and they are surviving in the EPL.

i too think he is a good player, just not one that needed to be made permanent in this window for an 8 figure fee. If we did go up, we would certainly have to make upgrades to our attack which is struggling at the mo in the championship. Doubt we would get better than mitro so that would require us to upgrade one or two of cav bobby or knockaert. And if you are going to do it I'd rather have the extra 10 mil to add to it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

See, this is where I'd go the other way. Reid in a team like Sheffield and previously Cardiff, has little to no chance to shine. They don't suit his style or bring out the best of him. His quality would get him a squad place but I very much doubt he would have a positive impact for them. But if we went up, I think he could play a decent part in either a team like ours, or say, a Bournemouth (maybe not Bournemouth this year). Maybe I'm wrong but I like him and happy we signed him and expect more and better from him.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 24, 2020, 08:35:29 PM

See, this is where I'd go the other way. Reid in a team like Sheffield and previously Cardiff, has little to no chance to shine. They don't suit his style or bring out the best of him. His quality would get him a squad place but I very much doubt he would have a positive impact for them. But if we went up, I think he could play a decent part in either a team like ours, or say, a Bournemouth (maybe not Bournemouth this year). Maybe I'm wrong but I like him and happy we signed him and expect more and better from him.
do you think we are getting the best out of him then? His stats are nowhere near what they were at Bristol city. And if he fails to score in his next top games then we would have got less out of him than Cardiff did in the prem. I think he would shine in a front two but would never happen under Parker

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2020, 08:38:26 PM

do you think we are getting the best out of him then? His stats are nowhere near what they were at Bristol city. And if he fails to score in his next top games then we would have got less out of him than Cardiff did in the prem. I think he would shine in a front two but would never happen under Parker

I did add I hope to see more and better from him to be fair. But yes, I think hes been a helpful addition to this team/squad even if it is slightly underachieving.

fulhamben

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 24, 2020, 08:41:32 PM

I did add I hope to see more and better from him to be fair. But yes, I think hes been a helpful addition to this team/squad even if it is slightly underachieving.
as do I, but like I said it just seems strange to sign him in this window when we didn't need too. Hopefully the any worries he may have had over his long term future, will now be at ease and he will kick on a bit

FFC1987

Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2020, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 24, 2020, 08:41:32 PM

as do I, but like I said it just seems strange to sign him in this window when we didn't need too. Hopefully the any worries he may have had over his long term future, will now be at ease and he will kick on a bit

Mich like the Ivan signing, it makes sense if A) they are happy with the player and B) they want to free up a loan space and add quality like potentially Kongolo is.

I don't see many negatives to this signing to be honest. Each to their own though.

ealex40

Maybe it was done to free up openings for a couple of players to come in on loan. So if that is the case, then hopefully TK will receive some credit for thinking ahead.

Anyway, it is too soon to start rebuilding for next season. Look how that went when we won promotion, can't say I get too excited about going up again, when we all (well some of us) know we'd have to go a long way to raise our standards significantly, to compete in the EPL. I watched Wolves play so well this season and only wish we could be as good when we get promoted again. Perhaps the plan is to get to the premiership, just to bolster the bank account for another season?

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: ealex40 on January 24, 2020, 09:06:16 PM

Maybe it was done to free up openings for a couple of players to come in on loan. So if that is the case, then hopefully TK will receive some credit for thinking ahead.

Anyway, it is too soon to start rebuilding for next season. Look how that went when we won promotion, can't say I get too excited about going up again, when we all (well some of us) know we'd have to go a long way to raise our standards significantly, to compete in the EPL. I watched Wolves play so well this season and only wish we could be as good when we get promoted again. Perhaps the plan is to get to the premiership, just to bolster the bank account for another season?
but to me making this signing in this window is exactly what you said we shouldn't do. And yes, can't believe how far ahead of us wolves are from when we battered them at molinuex a couple of seasons ago. But no I don't think shad and Tony will be happy to yo-yo for a bit. They will want to stay up and throw funds at it again imo. Will want prem status for when new stand opens. And if a couple of the big boys drop this season will be a better chance of staying up if we go up that is

filham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 24, 2020, 07:05:38 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 24, 2020, 06:27:44 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 24, 2020, 06:15:22 PM
I like Bobby a lot.

Plus, he's a good backup #9 that could score 10 goals if we need him to.   Great work rate, great team guy.

And I think he can play at the next level.   Just needs good service to put in the goals.
hes not a good back up 9 though is he. Looks far better wider or in the midfield 3. I would rather play stansfield up top in the next game

True.   But the team doesn't necessarily need to play with a true #9 to score goals.   He's an attacking player that can score.    Having him play with Mitro up top is definitely an option...as well as having him play up top with Stansfield.
Yes Bobbie seems popular but for me he has failed to score goals that we have badly needed, he has demonstrate in recent matches that he is no back up for Mitro.

Gezza

Quote from: ALG01 on January 24, 2020, 05:55:34 PM
thank heavens, another player (and I do like him) that is already here, staying here but we need full backs too. eaking out the announcements as if they are proper signings like kongolo was is not the PR success that the khan's seem to think it is. It does not fool anyone that they are bringing enough 'other players' to secure a top two squad... aniother center forward perhaps.
Lets face it whatever the Khan's do you wont be happy.

fulhamben

Quote from: Gezza on January 24, 2020, 11:07:11 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on January 24, 2020, 05:55:34 PM
thank heavens, another player (and I do like him) that is already here, staying here but we need full backs too. eaking out the announcements as if they are proper signings like kongolo was is not the PR success that the khan's seem to think it is. It does not fool anyone that they are bringing enough 'other players' to secure a top two squad... aniother center forward perhaps.
Lets face it whatever the Khan's do you wont be happy.
i can't believe that there is one Fulham fan who doesn't like the khans. No one has ever put the investment into the club on and off the field like they have

west kowloon white

You got it- wasn't referring to you Fulhamben.

Whitesideup

This can only be bringing forward the commitment we had to buy in the summer, but for me he is a player with genuine quality. Good feet and good perception, an intelligent footballer who to me looks like one of our most talented. Personally I think the more he can get alongside Mitro, the more chances we will create. Not sure our set-up enables him to replace Mitro as stand-alone striker. Pleased we have him on board and it augurs well for next year especially if we are still in the Championship.

YoungsBitter

I think this signals another loan inbound, Kongolo was good business so assume we bring in another target man or right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

St Eve