more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Visiting Craven Cottage

Started by Raven27, January 25, 2020, 01:17:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven27

If the wrong forum, apologies.
I'm an American who does not support the US Men's National team. They are losers.
Anyway, i'm foremost a Spurs fan and will be in town for their match vs Wolves on 1st of March.
I do love Championship football, however, and must take in the match vs Preston. I will fully support the home team.

Tickets look easy to come by through Fulham FC website. Is Hammersmith really the place to sit? Johnny Haynes looks tempting for the view, but not at the expense of a really memorable time.

By the way, I will be traveling from Leicester Square for the match.
Although Putney Bridge appears closer to the Cottage, arriving at Hammersmith would be better to grab a couple drinks first and walk along the Thames?

Thank you friends.

Twig

Quote from: Raven27 on January 25, 2020, 01:17:48 AM
If the wrong forum, apologies.
I'm an American who does not support the US Men's National team. They are losers.
Anyway, i'm foremost a Spurs fan and will be in town for their match vs Wolves on 1st of March.
I do love Championship football, however, and must take in the match vs Preston. I will fully support the home team.

Tickets look easy to come by through Fulham FC website. Is Hammersmith really the place to sit? Johnny Haynes looks tempting for the view, but not at the expense of a really memorable time.

By the way, I will be traveling from Leicester Square for the match.
Although Putney Bridge appears closer to the Cottage, arriving at Hammersmith would be better to grab a couple drinks first and walk along the Thames?

Thank you friends.

I always travel to Hammersmith and walk to the ground along the Thames, it's a pleasant start to the day and I would recommend it.  You should also pop in to the  Crabtree which is on the Thames tow path, you can't miss it, it's a great place to meet other supporters before the game.

H4usuallysitting

Always and i mean always get a fantastic London Taxi - we'll give you a tour of the M25 on every journey

filham

Over the years I have approached the Cottage with riverside walks from both Hammersmith Bridge and from Putney Bridge, both are enjoyable but I think the Putney route has to be the winner for the one off trip. Following the university boat race route, Bishops Park and a quick look into Bishops Palace are enjoyable. Also the District Line at high level through Fulham to Putney Bridge will give you a flavour of the Borough.

Why not do the round trip arrive at Hammersmith being sure to take in the old Hammersmith Bridge and the Crabtree pub. and then return via Putney Bridge.

gang

The Hammersmith end has the best atmosphere. However, on the following your national team subject, you should always support your national team whether they lose or win.

Raven27

Quote from: gang on January 25, 2020, 11:46:30 AM
The Hammersmith end has the best atmosphere. However, on the following your national team subject, you should always support your national team whether they lose or win.

Thanks for the reply.
My lack of support is two-fold. For years the squad as a whole has failed to display any real semblance of effort on the pitch. I know that the talent isn't there, but they have played as if they don't care. And this is across the board. Secondly, the biggest USMNT supporter group 'The American Outlaws' have the largest social media platform to express disgust with the players...and yet they refuse to do so. They always pick the low hanging fruit...the coach, the federation, but never the individual players. I can't stomach those people.

Raven27

Quote from: filham on January 25, 2020, 11:09:37 AM
Over the years I have approached the Cottage with riverside walks from both Hammersmith Bridge and from Putney Bridge, both are enjoyable but I think the Putney route has to be the winner for the one off trip. Following the university boat race route, Bishops Park and a quick look into Bishops Palace are enjoyable. Also the District Line at high level through Fulham to Putney Bridge will give you a flavour of the Borough.

Why not do the round trip arrive at Hammersmith being sure to take in the old Hammersmith Bridge and the Crabtree pub. and then return via Putney Bridge.

Fantastic...sounds like a plan. Cheers.

Twig

Quote from: filham on January 25, 2020, 11:09:37 AM

That's a good idea.

OtherHodgson

Raven27 FYI one of those "Losers" you are referring to is Fulham's own Tim Ream.  Good chance he'll be on the pitch when you visit.  He was our player of the year two seasons ago and although not the most physical or pacey center back in the league, he's definitely one of the best on the ball.  Join in on the REAAAAAM chant when he makes a vital interception or makes a great pass under pressure. 

When I fly over to take in a match I always get off at the Putney Bridge Station and pub crawl around the area, it's a great way to meet fellow supporters.  Cross the bridge and have a pint at the Bricklayer's Arms.  Walk along the Thames to the grounds and take it all in. I support our national team through the good and bad times, but no team in the world has my heart like Fulham.  COYW!