News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst performance all season - THIS TEAM NEEDS TO ANSWER THE FANS.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 15, 2020, 04:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: f321ffc on February 15, 2020, 04:49:39 PM
How the hell we are so high in the league is beyond me, you can count on the fingers of one hand the games we have been convincing in.
Never wanted Parker as manager, his game plan is crap sack him and show some ambition.
Parker out
mauricio pochettino In.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

I have just returned home, because I made a mistake when I started walking home by walking against the wind.
Now that I am at home I have had plenty of time to evaluate what took place today. I am at a loss as I cannot comprehend a situation and a performance that I did not see coming in any shape or form, only in my worst nightmare. The only thing I got right was the score, but the wrong way round.
Everything to play for today, that alone should have been enough motivation.
How could the players let us down so badly.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

The mistake here is the comparison to potatoes ....,,,
They have eyes ...., Parker clearly does not

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: HV71 on February 15, 2020, 10:06:08 PM
The mistake here is the comparison to potatoes ....,,,
They have eyes ...., Parker clearly does not

I am not sure if he has had his chips yet. There is another 39 points to play for, and those points are our destiny.

Never forget your Roots.

Texas White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 15, 2020, 09:57:14 PM
I have just returned home, because I made a mistake when I started walking home by walking against the wind.
Now that I am at home I have had plenty of time to evaluate what took place today. I am at a loss as I cannot comprehend a situation and a performance that I did not see coming in any shape or form, only in my worst nightmare. The only thing I got right was the score, but the wrong way round.
Everything to play for today, that alone should have been enough motivation.
How could the players let us down so badly.

You and me both. Feel so sad 😞

Texas White

I don't understand the tactics or the excuses. The amount of money they are paid is obscene to serve up such crap. Too slow too predictable.
If they loved the manager they would try harder.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Texas White on February 16, 2020, 03:37:35 AM
I don't understand the tactics or the excuses. The amount of money they are paid is obscene to serve up such crap. Too slow too predictable.

If they loved the Club and appreciated and respected the supporters they would try a dam sight harder.

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

I'm no Manager and don't know what the answer is for yesterday, but in conditions like that I would want Johansen on in whatever formation was decided. He may have been injured?

The other thing that is bugging me is the lack of guts, tempo and tenacity every few games? Does this team want to play for Parker? I'm not anti Parker and the Jury is still out in me head, but if you lose the dressing room even in Sunday league you are stuffed!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

colinwhite

Fulham1959

We are still 3rd, regardless.

The reason we are still 3rd is because most of the teams at the top have been inconsistent.  Should they all sack their managers, too ?

Texas White

Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 16, 2020, 12:55:50 PM

The reason we are still 3rd is because most of the teams at the top have been inconsistent.  Should they all sack their
Quote from: Fulham1959 on February 16, 2020, 12:55:50 PM
The reason we are still 3rd is because most of the teams at the top have been inconsistent.  Should they all sack their managers, too ?
The definition of inconsistent does not apply to what we all witnessed yesterday. The lack of tactics and cohesion was thoroughly disheartening.

Not too windy when there cashing their checks.

ChrisB22

What an appalling performance. I have seen us play some bad games but yesterday was the worst ever. The bad conditions flying off the river were the same for both teams, yet they only seemed to affect us. Our team just looked like they would all sooner be back in the warm, they had no spirit, no drive and no ambition ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

Forget promotion for a while, the immediate doubt is how on earth is Parker going to lift those players into giving us any kind of performance on Friday night.

Confidence at Derby must be high.

SP

When we created two decent chances in the first minutes of the second half, I actually thought, if we got one, we could go on & win the game.  Then, game over with conceding the second. 

SP

Quote from: filham on February 16, 2020, 09:42:48 PM

Confidence at Derby must be high.

A quick glance at their board suggests they're not wildly confident. They also seem to be suffering from the incompetence of the Championship officials.

Zoppa77

Potato. Absolutely fabulous, made me laugh for the first time since the final whistle in that horrible last game.
Pochettino: there's a lot to like for him also. Potential promotion back to EPL, London location, budget & managing the best football club in England. If this could be made to work I would smile for a month.  049:gif

Asotosyios

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 16, 2020, 06:26:05 AM
Quote from: Texas White on February 16, 2020, 03:37:35 AM

If they loved the Club and appreciated and respected the supporters they would try a dam sight harder.

I don't agree that the players didn't try hard or that they didn't play for their manager or the supporters.

As Parker has stated lots of times (for different reasons, but...): "This is how I want us to play".