watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker in - Earlier this season, we were

Started by H4usuallysitting, February 16, 2020, 08:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Madness to change now. Did WBA & Leeds panic & change manager when they saw their huge leads gradually whittle away?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: grandad on February 16, 2020, 05:28:34 PM
Madness to change now. Did WBA & Leeds panic & change manager when they saw their huge leads gradually whittle away?

West Brom sacked their manager when they were 4th this time last season.

This season, they haven't been lower than 2nd since September.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 16, 2020, 09:30:05 PM

West Brom sacked their manager when they were 4th this time last season.
This season, they haven't been lower than 2nd since September.

Madness would be not changing managers if this manager has no chance of promotion. Now we have lost to Barnsley to get promoted, we have to beat to both Brentford and Forest in either the league or the playoffs. So Madness would be not changing managers if we have no chance of beating Brentford and Forest. Do you think we can?

This season, Barnsley has beaten us twice playing the same way and so they clearly have the formula to beat us. And, every coach in the championship knows Barnsley have the formula and will copy the formula if they have better players to execute that plan than Barnsley. Brentford and Forest are two teams that could easily execute the Barnsley formula bettter than Barnsley. So unless Parker learns immediately, he has to go and I doubt he will as he hasn't learnt from the first Barnsley game.

toshes mate

All of us on here are old enough to know how easy it is to be ruffled into making mistakes. It's especially important in jobs where composure must be maintained at all costs since once composure is lost it is a hell of a lot more difficult to get it back.  Parker's job is to ensure that players are not exposed to being ruffled and he isn't very good at it.

FFC1987

In terms of Parker In/Out, he's only getting sacked now if someone better is available. I don't mean marginally better either, I mean a Rafa type manager (that's not me saying we should get him, I'm saying that's the calibre of manager we would sack now on). Bringing in the new manager wouldn't be to win at all costs this year but to do a re-build for next year IF we don't go up. That would be sensible for me. Get a reasonably big name in who can charm the likes of Mitrovic (still a pipe dream that we'd keep him next year), Cairney, Hector and the like to stay and build a really strong team with a good manager for next year regardless of outcome.

To all saying it's unreasonable to sack, it isn't if you take this route in mind. I don't think, and it's purely speculative here, that he's the alpha in the changing room right now. We're seeing high levels of poor professionalism in performances, work ethic, petty squabbling during matches and just not a happy squad that's currently sitting third after a decent enough run. If I'm Khan and co. right now, I'm strongly dabbling in the managerial market for a new proven manager of high calibre and only pulling the trigger if this man won't hang on till end of season.

Lastly, for all my anti Parker sentiment, it's not really his fault. It's really down to the people who employed him having had no experience at any reasonable level and expecting him to walk one of the toughest leagues in the world. He's had his chance and his record of being inconsistent, for me, is pushing himself out of a job. Hopefully I'm wrong and we now go unbeaten with mainly wins through some of the toughest opposition we will face this year particularly away from home....it's hard to see however BUT, the only shining light is, this squad has the quality and strength to do it.....its just a shame it also possesses the ability to go on and draw/lose more games....

WindyCity

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 16, 2020, 08:21:21 AM
at least 11 points adrift - now it's 3 points with 13 games and 39 points to play for....to release Parker now doesn't make any sense....yes we're having a blip, every team does..... there's going to be a few twist and turns for every club before the season ends.....we all understand that Parker has been given this season to get us promotion, the Khan's will decide if he goes or stays at the seasons end......our job now is to get behind the team, and help them get over the line - we're all in this together

While I agree with the substance of your post, I would disagree with "blip".  This team, this season, has been consistently inconsistent.  No blip, just consistent mediocrity from a side which should be doing much much better.  Even when having stretches of 3-4-5 games unbeaten, most games were 1 goal wins against really bad teams.  Fortunate to hold on to one goal wins and draws that could easily have gone the other way, again, against weak opposition.  Over the course of the season, I can only think of a couple of halves of football (not even complete games) where FFC looked like they were deserving of promotion and a shot in the Prem. 

I would agree that a managerial change now, with only 13 games left, does not make a lot of sense.  But many in this forum have suggested this be done and that this team of highly paid players has grossly underperformed under Parker, and can justify a change in leadership to bring this team into promotion.   At the end of the day, it's up to the players, regardless of system employed, to get the job done.  All the intangibles, such as heart, courage, work effort, determination, et al, have to see this team in winning form if they are to meet expectations.

ByTheRiver

Madness to change now.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

Madness not to change while promotion is still possible.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 17, 2020, 04:58:24 PM
Madness to change now.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

Madness not to change while promotion is still possible.

100%, I genuinely dont get this "its pointless changing now" argument. A good manager could still salvage promotion,  Parker I'm 99.9% sure won't achieve it. Plus signs of disharmony amongst players was there to see Saturday.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 17, 2020, 04:07:54 PM
In terms of Parker In/Out, he's only getting sacked now if someone better is available. I don't mean marginally better either, I mean a Rafa type manager (that's not me saying we should get him, I'm saying that's the calibre of manager we would sack now on). Bringing in the new manager wouldn't be to win at all costs this year but to do a re-build for next year IF we don't go up. That would be sensible for me. Get a reasonably big name in who can charm the likes of Mitrovic (still a pipe dream that we'd keep him next year), Cairney, Hector and the like to stay and build a really strong team with a good manager for next year regardless of outcome.

To all saying it's unreasonable to sack, it isn't if you take this route in mind. I don't think, and it's purely speculative here, that he's the alpha in the changing room right now. We're seeing high levels of poor professionalism in performances, work ethic, petty squabbling during matches and just not a happy squad that's currently sitting third after a decent enough run. If I'm Khan and co. right now, I'm strongly dabbling in the managerial market for a new proven manager of high calibre and only pulling the trigger if this man won't hang on till end of season.

Lastly, for all my anti Parker sentiment, it's not really his fault. It's really down to the people who employed him having had no experience at any reasonable level and expecting him to walk one of the toughest leagues in the world. He's had his chance and his record of being inconsistent, for me, is pushing himself out of a job. Hopefully I'm wrong and we now go unbeaten with mainly wins through some of the toughest opposition we will face this year particularly away from home....it's hard to see however BUT, the only shining light is, this squad has the quality and strength to do it.....its just a shame it also possesses the ability to go on and draw/lose more games....

Most sensible and balanced post, Fulham should take a good look at whose available. If Rafa is available it has to be Parker Out. If Chris Houghton is available, keep Parker but add Hugthon as an assistant coach for the rest of the season.

Parker needs help, a few more assistants especially someone to help with getting Knockaert back in form. Parker has done too bad with decent but limited defenders and defensive midfielders, but our attacking mids and wingers should be feared.

WindyCity

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 17, 2020, 04:07:54 PM

I also agree, reasonable post.  I do think it's important to gain promotion this season, while it is within reach.  If FFC stays in the Champ, I suspect (fear) FFC will be here for some number of years to come, waiting for an entirely revamped club to win a promotion.  Many of our (so-called) better players are likely gone next year if we don't go up, and it's 're-build' time, which can be a lengthy process.  Here's hoping the lads (and manager) figure it out and gain promotion, with or without Parker.