https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodak

Started by Andy S, February 16, 2020, 12:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Would you drop Rodak for a couple of games and bring back Betts? I would

filham

No, Rodak has been outstanding game after game, he deserves to play in the next game when he will probably be MOM.

Sgt Fulham

No. He has been brilliant and made 3 mistakes yesterday. Not only would it destroy his confidence, it would be completely pointless as Betts hasnt performed at Rodak's level for a long while.

colinwhite

No . He was at fault for the first 2 goals and the 3rd went through his legs on the near post ,but no he will not be dropped

fulhamben

In theory you should, as if you don't it means squads are pointless and it doesn't matter what you do on the pitch as your place in the team is safe. The fear of being dropped is what helps avoid complacency and drops in performances. He won't be though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 16, 2020, 12:24:48 PM
No. He has been brilliant and made 3 mistakes yesterday. Not only would it destroy his confidence, it would be completely pointless as Betts hasnt performed at Rodak's level for a long while.
Agree with this.   Yes he had a mare yesterday but then none of the team played well did they?  Hopefully he has got all his mistakes out of the way in one game.  He has kept us in more games this season than I can count.

Andy S

I disagree dropping him for at least a couple of games would do him good. He is relatively young and inexperienced and it sends out a message to others that poor performances will not be tolerated whatever position you play in. It gives Betts another opportunity as well.

Bill2

To be fair I remember Edwin Van De War doing exactly the same thing as Marek for the 2nd goal and no one said drop him. I will put the 1st mistake down to the wind and slippery ball. Apart from the 3rd goal didn't have a thing to do, sounds bad but I am giving him the benefit of the doubt with a bad day at the office. Mind you that apply to the whole team.

RaySmith

Shouldn't drop him - he\s generally been very good and saved us  quite a few points, to drop him after one  game where he made bad mistakes will just undermine him.

Fulham1959

Has he become a bad goalkeeper overnight ?  No.

Goalkeepers have to make split-second decisions and they can't always be right or well-executed.  Yesterday's conditions wouldn't have helped the process.  I like Betts but Rodak has been outstanding in most games he's played.

Andy S

That means our defence has been crap

FFC1987

No. He's shown more than enough that the lapses in his game, are rare moments of inexperience (in my opinion). He makes up for these with some top class saves. If he was to have another Barnsley scenario Friday then I probably would just to try and re-focus him.

Whitestone

Absolutely not. If that is the school of thought the whole team should be dropped for the next game after yesterday's calamitous performance. Rodak is a significant upgrade on Betts.

Matt10

He's young and his character will be tested come Monday morning as Parker said. Definitely not a drop to me, but let's hope he isn't affected by the three blunders.

RaySmith

I'm sure he's fully aware of the results of his mistakes, and is mortified, and will be eager to rectify them.

To drop him won't accomplish anything apart from further damaging his confidence, which will damage the club, since sooner or later he will be called upon again.

Forever Fulham

He made mistakes, yes, but his overall skills are simply superior to those of Betts.  Pulling a goal keeper is different than pulling a field player.  The mentality.  The effect.  You don't do that unless you simply must..

HV71

Yesterday was about the conditions and his inexperience- he has been brilliant over the last few games. Dropping him now would look like we didn't have confidence in him - which might set him back. Plenty of the rest of the team could be dropped.

Southcoastffc

We certainly should not drop a player who has saved us in very many games this season.

(And yesterday I thought - and having seen the brief replay still do - that we should have been awarded a free kick instead of Barnsley being given a penalty.)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

On another thread someone commented that Rodak lacked confidence from the start and I don't think that was helped by young Steven having a nightmare with his positioning and passing from the start. Yes most were poor but Steven's  weakness did not help with distribution outlets.

Plodder

I would not drop him, as I don't believe in dropping players based on one game, but there are double standards on this board when it comes to assessing Marek's and Marcus's performances.