watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodak

Started by Andy S, February 16, 2020, 12:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

Sometimes I despair at peoples' knee jerk reactions.

Rodak has proven to be much more reliable than Betts this season, and dropping him after one bad game is ludicrous.

Not even worthy of debate imo.

If he has a few games in which he proves to be unreliable, then fair enough, but calling for it after one poor game is a joke imo.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 17, 2020, 12:22:10 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 17, 2020, 11:46:05 AM
Quote from: Andy S on February 17, 2020, 01:04:29 AM
Ok let's not call it dropping him but resting him as well as offering him a new contract. Is it fair on Betts not to give him a chance after those howlers on Saturday? That is probably 6 points he has cost us this season after being sent off earlier this season. Ok he has kept us in a few games as well but his performance on Saturday was inexcusable I don't know why there is so much support for the guy

Resting him ???? Why, what for, he has a rest every night when he goes to bed. What is there to gain by leaving him out. By his standards he has one poor game, and you want him replaced, can you imagine how he would feel, no matter what reasons SP would give him for leaving him out, he will think he is being blamed for the result. That will knock his confidence in himself, and confidence is massive in sport. It is not as if he deserves to be dropped either. I expect that is the last concern on the Managers mind.

While no observers are talking about Rodak as a Champions League goalkeeper, his statistics are good enough for Champions Leagues to start watching him. Firstly, apart from the first Middlesbough game and Barnsley game, whoscored have him as the best goalkeeper in the league this season to play more than three games. Secondly, Rodak has an enormous xG goal difference of eight goals in twenty games (including the -1 xG for the Barnsley game) so when Rodak is in goal strikers get the shots in good positions, but don't score the goals that is partly due to many good saves but also due to strikers missing the target much more than expected. Rodak, Hector and Mitro should be the first three names on the team sheet.

Exactly, and those three are key players that are part of the spine of the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 17, 2020, 01:57:39 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on February 17, 2020, 01:41:51 PM
Have to say that if that had been Betts in goal there would be loads on here calling for his head, he had a bad game so should be dropped, it is about winning the shirt, on that performance he deserves to be dropped and Betts given a chance.

And that happened. Several times before he was eventually dropped.

Being statistically the best keeper in the league, means he has earned a bit of backing at he first sign of an error. 

Keeping more clean sheets in half a season than Betts has evet kept in a full season, means he has earned a bit of backing at the first sign of an error.

Changing your keeper at the first hint of an error, means that both keepers will always play badly as no one is ever settled or can play with confidence. This is why having two keepers of similar level has never worked at any club.

Can't believe there are people genuinely calling for Rodak to be dropped when he has been the player of the year so far.

Honestly, this forum is a joke sometimes. We get the team we deserve. And I suppose that is why we have Parker (and people defending him but calling for Rodak to be dropped!).

Well, if you want nonsense, here is some. ByTheRiver, one of the most negative of all posters,  can't believe people some people think that maybe Rodak should be dropped. It's not a position I agree with, but I don't think it is an opinion that should be rubbished. And the last comment .. frankly just does not make sense as it's written. Because "this forum is a joke" (discuss) we get the team we deserve. Really ?????

Statto

Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2020, 01:59:18 PM
Have to say that if that had been Betts in goal there would be loads on here calling for his head, he had a bad game so should be dropped, it is about winning the shirt, on that performance he deserves to be dropped and Betts given a chance.

Being statistically the best keeper in the league, means he has earned a bit of backing at he first sign of an error. 

Keeping more clean sheets in half a season than Betts has evet kept in a full season, means he has earned a bit of backing at the first sign of an error.

Changing your keeper at the first hint of an error, means that both keepers will always play badly as no one is ever settled or can play with confidence. This is why having two keepers of similar level has never worked at any club.

Can't believe there are people genuinely calling for Rodak to be dropped when he has been the player of the year so far.

Honestly, this forum is a joke sometimes. We get the team we deserve. And I suppose that is why we have Parker (and people defending him but calling for Rodak to be dropped!).
0001.jpeg

+1

Don't think it's fair to criticise the whole forum though - it's a 3-page thread and only one or two contributors seem to agree with the OP's suggestion of dropping him

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 17, 2020, 04:18:55 PM

Well, if you want nonsense, here is some. ByTheRiver, one of the most negative of all posters,  can't believe people some people think that maybe Rodak should be dropped. It's not a position I agree with, but I don't think it is an opinion that should be rubbished. And the last comment .. frankly just does not make sense as it's written. Because "this forum is a joke" (discuss) we get the team we deserve. Really ?????

"one of the most negative of all posters"? Hah. I wouldn't say I'm negative at all. A quick look at my posts from over the years will show that.

I have been negative about three things in recent months:

Ream. I do not think he is good enough for a team challenging at the top end of the championship. I stand by this. However, given what has now happened to the defender we brought in to take over, we have what we have and (though I'd personally play Odoi) he'll have my support until the end of the season when, for both parties, parting ways would be welcomed.

Parker. I find it absolutely baffling that some are still behind him. I'll leave all of the previous arguments aside (as they have been done to death on several threads) and just say: if he were a player, making either grave errors or woeful underperformance (say, 4/10 player rating) almost every week, would you want him in the team? Let's use the witch hunt on Rodak as an example: if Rodak was to keep his place and perform the same next week, the calls for Betts would increase? And then the next week again? What about the week after? How about 30 odd games later, still making the same mistakes, and he is still in the team whilst people are on the board either going mad (most likely) or just bemused that he continues to play and not be dropped. That's us with Parker.

Which leads me on to...

Rodak. No he should not be dropped. He had one dodgy game. He has been absolutely immense, the best in the league stats wise and, on current form, probably too good for Fulham. How about we support him until such time that his errors are multiple and not learned from (see Parker, for example)?

That's what I find 'a joke'. The ability to turn on our likely player of the season, whilst overlooking/turning a blind eye/jumping on those who criticise the real problem. And yes, I stand by that too. It is a joke. 

When Rodak is off playing Champions League level football (hopefully a few years yet), I will dig out this thread and say 'see?'.

fulhamfan

a wind up surely :/

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Statto on February 17, 2020, 04:26:46 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 17, 2020, 01:59:18 PM

0001.jpeg

+1

Don't think it's fair to criticise the whole forum though - it's a 3-page thread and only one or two contributors seem to agree with the OP's suggestion of dropping him

Fair. It was written in slight disbelief and a bit of anger on Rodak's part. The forum is, on the whole, great. Hence me being here (even if not prolifically posting) a good few years. Stuff like this is just galling. 

HV71

The spine of Rodak , Hector andMitro is something that most teams could only dream of - the rest should be what is up for discussion as well as the leadership and tactics . Surely move on - nothing to see here

Whitestone

Quote from: HV71 on February 17, 2020, 09:12:04 PM
The spine of Rodak , Hector andMitro is something that most teams could only dream of - the rest should be what is up for discussion as well as the leadership and tactics . Surely move on - nothing to see here

Exactly  :clap_hands:

Bassey the warrior

Rodak made horrendous errors and I hope he will learn from them. He shouldn't be dropped though.

Plodder

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 17, 2020, 07:49:36 AM
Ok let's not call it dropping him but resting him as well as offering him a new contract. Is it fair on Betts not to give him a chance after those howlers on Saturday? That is probably 6 points he has cost us this season after being sent off earlier this season. Ok he has kept us in a few games as well but his performance on Saturday was inexcusable I don't know why there is so much support for the guy

Because Bettinelli simply isn't very good and has already made as many howlers this season himself.

One can make a reasoned case for preferring Rodak to Bettinelli (and I would not drop Rodak despite all the mistakes on Saturday), but there is no need to concoct nonsense about Bettinelli in an attempt to justify that opinion.

hovewhite

Having read all the big guns on this furom he stays as goalie,

The Swan

Have we all forgot the Huddersfield game. We were winning three nil then we conceded two goals ,not his fault.
In the second half he made three outstanding saves to earn us three points.
Ok on Saturday he was at fault for two of the goals and cost us three points.
Some you win and some you lose.
The Swan

ALG01

Rodak will not be dropped.
He has been top class but had a stinker, he is entitled to a poor game.... no matter quite how poor.
I suspect he will return determined to make ammends and be twice  as good as before... i suspect we all think that, more or less.
If he has another stinker and i do not think he wiill in the next game, the it would be right to bring back betts.

simplyfulham

Quote from: Plodder on February 18, 2020, 06:47:59 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 17, 2020, 07:49:36 AM

Because Bettinelli simply isn't very good and has already made as many howlers this season himself.

One can make a reasoned case for preferring Rodak to Bettinelli (and I would not drop Rodak despite all the mistakes on Saturday), but there is no need to concoct nonsense about Bettinelli in an attempt to justify that opinion.

0001.jpeg

Woolly Mammoth

I like Marcus, but Marek more than justifies his position as the current number one.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Then we are all agreed then Rodak will be our custodian of the Fulham net, on Friday v Derby County and he along side our team will hopefully keep a clean sheet.

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

no chance.

alfie

Quote from: fulhamben on February 16, 2020, 12:32:06 PM
In theory you should, as if you don't it means squads are pointless and it doesn't matter what you do on the pitch as your place in the team is safe. The fear of being dropped is what helps avoid complacency and drops in performances. He won't be though
He has had 1 bad game in how many, Betts had quite a few dodgy games.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Whitesideup

Quote from: The Swan on February 18, 2020, 09:05:22 PM
Have we all forgot the Huddersfield game. We were winning three nil then we conceded two goals ,not his fault.
In the second half he made three outstanding saves to earn us three points.
Ok on Saturday he was at fault for two of the goals and cost us three points.
Some you win and some you lose.
Just out of interest, which two?