https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rodak

Started by Andy S, February 16, 2020, 12:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 19, 2020, 03:01:24 PM
Quote from: The Swan on February 18, 2020, 09:05:22 PM
Have we all forgot the Huddersfield game. We were winning three nil then we conceded two goals ,not his fault.
In the second half he made three outstanding saves to earn us three points.
Ok on Saturday he was at fault for two of the goals and cost us three points.
Some you win and some you lose.
Just out of interest, which two?

I think you could fairly attribute all 3 to him, the fumble for the pen, the mad rush out of the area and the near post nutmeg in that order.
Anyhow, I was lauding him earlier this season when Bett's got dropped and it's only one game. I think he's a smart enough lad to learn from the error.

john dempsey

rather we rest/drop parker.

Twig

Nonsense to suggest dropping Rodak, he has been excellent since replacing Betts.  That said I disliked B T River's dismissal of Betts who has been a loyal and capable keeper for us for several seasons and who, on more than one occasion, has been patient enough to fight his way back into the squad after having been dropped/ injured.

My only other comment on Rodak's "bad day at the office" would be that, especially in the first half, his distribution was also uncharacteristically poor (including three near suicidal short passes to defenders who were marked).  Even before the first goal we were wondering if he was ok.  He looked far more jittery than I have ever seen before.

Hopefully he will be back to his best for Friday.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Twig on February 19, 2020, 03:53:21 PM
Nonsense to suggest dropping Rodak, he has been excellent since replacing Betts.  That said I disliked B T River's dismissal of Betts who has been a loyal and capable keeper for us for several seasons and who, on more than one occasion, has been patient enough to fight his way back into the squad after having been dropped/ injured.

It was deliberately over the top, to put it on par with the thread and the calls for Rodak to be dropped after one dodgy game. A nonsensical point of view which deserved only a nonsensical reply.

Though what isn't nonsense is that Rodak has shown himself to be far the better keeper.

Twig

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 19, 2020, 04:12:30 PM

It was deliberately over the top, to put it on par with the thread and the calls for Rodak to be dropped after one dodgy game. A nonsensical point of view which deserved only a nonsensical reply.

Though what isn't nonsense is that Rodak has shown himself to be far the better keeper.

He was certainly showing himself to be an upgrade but Barnsley was a bit of a reality check.  I genuinely wondered if he was unwell or something, he just didn't seem to be at the races.

davew

No way should he be dropped!!!!!!! Ok a bad game, in fact a terrible game for him and for us, but there is a certain person in the club who is to blame for a lot of bad matches and bad results and yes a lot of us are calling for him to be dropped=sacked, but he is still with us (just I hope). Best to deal with the source of the problem if the Management can determine what it is but in any event tell some of our primadonnas that thay can´t expect a fat cheque each week/month for much longer if they under perform!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: davew on February 19, 2020, 10:19:25 PM
No way should he be dropped!!!!!!! Ok a bad game, in fact a terrible game for him and for us, but there is a certain person in the club who is to blame for a lot of bad matches and bad results and yes a lot of us are calling for him to be dropped=sacked, but he is still with us (just I hope). Best to deal with the source of the problem if the Management can determine what it is but in any event tell some of our primadonnas that thay can´t expect a fat cheque each week/month for much longer if they under perform!

The only thing TK/SP need to do with Rodak this week while his confidence is low is to sign him on "5 year contract on championship wages", trust me you'll be paying him a lot lot more than championship wages after he gets a few MOTM awards against promotion candidates.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on February 19, 2020, 05:32:38 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 19, 2020, 04:12:30 PM

He was certainly showing himself to be an upgrade but Barnsley was a bit of a reality check.  I genuinely wondered if he was unwell or something, he just didn't seem to be at the races.

He is only Human
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ByTheRiver

Hopefully now you see why I was being 'overly dramatic' and had such strong feelings about this.

Those who wanted to drop a brilliant young lad, playing out of his skin, gaining us countless points, at the first dip, showing zero loyalty, should hang their heads in shame.

We lose by 3 or 4 tonight with Betts in goal.

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 21, 2020, 09:40:42 PM
Hopefully now you see why I was being 'overly dramatic' and had such strong feelings about this.

Those who wanted to drop a brilliant young lad, playing out of his skin, gaining us countless points, at the first dip, showing zero loyalty, should hang their heads in shame.

0001.jpeg

Plodder

Sorry, that's a silly statement.  There is no way of knowing what would have happened with another keeper.  Making these statements makes your opinion less worthy of taking seriously.  Rodak played well tonight, and rightly deserves measured praise, just as he deserved measured criticism last week. I think his saves tonight were smart reactions, although "brilliant" is an exaggeration.  I am happy to see him playing, and I would not have dropped him even after a very poor performance last week (I can't remember ever seeing a keeper make three such bad errors in one game).  However, you seem intent on a character assassination of Bettinelli. Is it not enough to say that you think (as I suspect the majority do) that Rodak is the better keeper, without writing nonsense about Bettinelli?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on February 21, 2020, 11:47:37 PM

Sorry, that's a silly statement.  There is no way of knowing what would have happened with another keeper.  Making these statements makes your opinion less worthy of taking seriously.  Rodak played well tonight, and rightly deserves measured praise, just as he deserved measured criticism last week. I think his saves tonight were smart reactions, although "brilliant" is an exaggeration.  I am happy to see him playing, and I would not have dropped him even after a very poor performance last week (I can't remember ever seeing a keeper make three such bad errors in one game).  However, you seem intent on a character assassination of Bettinelli. Is it not enough to say that you think (as I suspect the majority do) that Rodak is the better keeper, without writing nonsense about Bettinelli?

Brilliant isn't am exaggeration and it was referencing the whole season not just tonight. He is too good for the championship as his stats show.

And it's quite easy to know that a certain other keeper would not have made those saves as he has conceded many similar these season, last, any season you care to look at. It's not character assassination, I like him. But he isn't good enough to fit the ambitions of the club. Sadly he has many fans here who were willing to through the best keeper we've had in years under the bus, just to get him reinstated. That needed putting straight in, unfortunately, rather harsh terms.

Sting of the North

Where are those 'many fans'? I do know that there was a suggestion or two, and I am sure that there were some actually wanting to drop him, but the absolute overwhelming number of posters on here disagreed completely.

Also, for what reason was there a need to put that straight, and in rather harsh terms as well? What's the negative consequence of not putting it straight, or using less harsh terms?

Bocanegra

Thank god we stuck with our man

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Andy S on February 16, 2020, 12:19:25 PM
Would you drop Rodak for a couple of games and bring back Betts? I would

Still think we should drop Rodak?

keithh

Rodak has virtually kept us in the race single handed - I'll be surprised if we can keep him. I guess it says something about our team when the goalkeeper is often in the race for the Man of the Match award.