watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Peter principle

Started by Keefy, February 18, 2020, 12:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

The Peter principle states that a person who is competent at their job will earn promotion to a more senior position which requires different skills... The "Peter Principle" is therefore expressed as "in a hierarchy every employee tends to rise to his or her level of incompetence". please note Mr Khan and Mr Parker

The Rational Fan

The "Peter Principle" would say if we want promotion we should keep players that don't want to play in the championship and want to play higher. Letting players go that don't want a career in the championship (Anguissa and Seri) and keeping players that want a career in the championship (Betts, KMac, Stefjo and Kamara) ensures Fulham follow the Peter Principle and don't get promoted. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 19, 2020, 01:17:08 AM
The "Peter Principle" would say if we want promotion we should keep players that don't want to play in the championship and want to play higher. Letting players go that don't want a career in the championship (Anguissa and Seri) and keeping players that want a career in the championship (Betts, KMac, Stefjo and Kamara) ensures Fulham follow the Peter Principle and don't get promoted. 

With due respect RF. What a load of cobblers, you clearly have never played at any serious level in a team game, or any level come to think about it, and if you by any chance have, you never understood the ethics, or the principles or the ingredients to play within the framework of a team. You talk a lot, but you say nothing. Rather like someone else on this forum who who unlike you is condescending and pompous and uses another name also to help back up his arguments, but they never disagree with each other, and they are always on at the same time on the same thread, and that's no coincidence as I don't believe in coincidences. At least you have the courtesy and grace not to follow that course. You can hold your own, you don't need back up, like the other two, I mean one, or is it one and a half ?
Anyway I hope you are still speaking to me after that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 19, 2020, 01:38:15 AM

With due respect RF. What a load of cobblers, you clearly have never played at any serious level in a team game, or any level come to think about it, and if you by any chance have, you never understood the ethics, or the principles or the ingredients to play within the framework of a team. You talk a lot, but you say nothing. Rather like someone else on this forum who who unlike you is condescending and pompous and uses another name also to help back up his arguments, but they never disagree with each other, and they are always on at the same time on the same thread, and that's no coincidence as I don't believe in coincidences. At least you have the courtesy and grace not to follow that course. You can hold your own, you don't need back up, like the other two, I mean one, or is it one and a half ?

I see a bunch of players that want to do well in the championship that want to avoid making mistakes. What I want to see is a bunch of players that think being in the championship is Hell and are burning to get out of the championship to play in the Premier League. I want a team that thinks anything other than promotion is failure.

RaySmith

That's your opinion RF, fair enough, but I would think most of  the current players at Fulham you mention are highly motivated, and the team and manager as a whole certainly is, to gain promotion to the Prem with Fulham, and hope to become  part of the squad playing in the Prem.

I would think that as pro's they are  naturally ambitious, and want to do the best they can in their careers, and will also know that for this Fulham team not to gain promotion would be seen as failure by fans, and  media, and this won't be good for their future , whereas being part of a team that gains promotion to the Prem, and being the manager of that team, certainly will be.

But we are both are only surmising about what they think, i suppose.

Mince n Tatties

Woolly knows.😁

ByTheRiver

You feeling okay, WM?

What is all of this? I'm more interested in this than the actual thread now? Two people posting pretending to be one? Conspiracy theories on a Fulham message board? Seems a little far fetched, chum, but you have my interest! What have I missed?

Twig

Whether people agree with your point or not it has literally nothing to do with the Peter Principle.

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 19, 2020, 09:19:51 AM

You feeling okay, WM?

What is all of this? I'm more interested in this than the actual thread now? Two people posting pretending to be one? Conspiracy theories on a Fulham message board? Seems a little far fetched, chum, but you have my interest! What have I missed?

Another poster told me recently that they've worked out that I've a sock puppet on here, apparently, and this may be a reference to that. Seems he and WM are the Holmes and Watson of the forum. I'm genuinely intrigued as to who's supposed to be my puppet - I assume one of the other more articulate and reasonable posters, probably Sting of the North, but possibly you. I actually find it quite entertaining watching them struggle to get their heads around the shocking concept that there could be more than one intelligent person on the internet. In fairness, no one could accuse WM of having a sock puppet, such is the uniqueness of his personal brand of spam. 

70sPimlico

Quote from: Statto on February 19, 2020, 10:13:11 AM

You feeling okay, WM?

Another poster told me recently that they've worked out that I've a sock puppet on here, apparently, and this may be a reference to that. Seems he and WM are the Holmes and Watson of the forum. I'm genuinely intrigued as to who's supposed to be my puppet - I assume one of the other more articulate and reasonable posters, probably Sting of the North, but possibly you. I actually find it quite entertaining watching them struggle to get their heads around the shocking concept that there could be more than one intelligent person on the internet. In fairness, no one could accuse WM of having a sock puppet, such is the uniqueness of his personal brand of spam.

Nice

Dodgin

Baszab

I don't think the Peter Principle is the problem here.........it's nepotism and the problems of succession in a family business

toshes mate

Quote from: Baszab on February 19, 2020, 11:06:26 AM
I don't think the Peter Principle is the problem here.........it's nepotism and the problems of succession in a family business
A thoroughly reasonable deduction, IMO.   

Dr Quinzel

I don't have any thoughts on the Peter Principle, but I want to know more about whomever is rumoured to have created a second account to make it look like more people agree with them.

That's either the saddest thing ever, or the OP of this is wearing tin foil on their head.

Spill the beans!  086.gif

ByTheRiver

You feeling okay, WM?

I did wonder if WM meant you (and possibly me!) but surely a quick glance at IP addresses or similar (or us having the odd political barney) would be enough to negate that particular deduction.

Imagine having the time and headspace to worry, and drum up conspiracy theories, about people posting on a message board. I am chuckling here typing this  :005:

It could form the basis of a new detective drama on BBC Three. set in Scandinavia, such is the trend, and it could be a winning formula. Ben Whishaw to play me. 

Statto

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 19, 2020, 12:00:30 PM

You feeling okay, WM?

I did wonder if WM meant you (and possibly me!) but surely a quick glance at IP addresses or similar (or us having the odd political barney) would be enough to negate that particular deduction.

Imagine having the time and headspace to worry, and drum up conspiracy theories, about people posting on a message board. I am chuckling here typing this  :005:

It could form the basis of a new detective drama on BBC Three. set in Scandinavia, such is the trend, and it could be a winning formula. Ben Whishaw to play me. 

I know it's not in keeping with the Scandi crime drama formula but I'll go for Craig Fairbrass

Southcoastffc

It's amazing what happens on a football forum when the football lets us down.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Spirit of 2000

Sorry normally agree with your posts and can see the logic you're using here but character and attitude are every bit as important as ability. Give me Stef Jo and Kamara every day over Seri and Schurrle. Also somebody obviously didnt explain this point to Sheffield Uniteds squad!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm not sure if I agree with any of this or not, hang on a minute.
Yes, We......oops I, agree with myself and him or her.
He/she and me ....zzzzzzzzzz
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Woolly Mammoth

You feeling okay, WM?

I have a Crack Investigations Unit that is working 24/7 comprising of four shifts, I am on the grave yard shift. This Investigations Team have unearthed a situation whereupon we believe one individual is posing under 2 names. Nothing unique there as it most likely happens often at forums. We are gradually flushing them out, small steps, and currently it is circumstantial evidence, hearsay and third party.
Nevertheless, the suspect or suspects since I posted the item are behaving with all the hallmarks of a person that is not quite sure whether to twist, stick or bust.
Probably looking over their shoulder as I speak, the plot thickens.
However, it's early days and I could be barking up the wrong 🌲 🌳 tree, time will tell.
"He who feeds the crocodile the most, does so in the hope he will be the last to be eaten".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.