watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Who do we want as Manager?

Started by SuffolkWhite, February 18, 2020, 12:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

A fair few fans on this board who are unhappy, so what Manager's are available to take over? and lets also rule out Joka as it wont happen. I'm just curious?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SuffolkWhite

There are a few out of a job right now, Marco Silver, Mark Hughes, Emery etc etc etc.....
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Wingnut

Do you believe that Gray can or will get us promoted, Statto?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

jarv

Parker.   Remember, Fulham sacked Bobby Robson in one season. The rest is history.

Maidstone Lee

Living in a dream I want Slavisa back, did much better with a weaker team.

Realistically Hughton, Silva, Karanka are currently available to name a few.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Penfold

Quote from: jarv on February 18, 2020, 01:11:46 PM
Parker.   Remember, Fulham sacked Bobby Robson in one season. The rest is history.

We also sacked Paul Bracewell after less than a season. It's just as possible Parker will end up with a similar managerial career.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: jarv on February 18, 2020, 01:11:46 PM

Eh? That doesn't mean anything. One manager becoming good years after leaving Fulham means nothing. Parker may or may not amount to much as a manager. Who knows. What we do know, is that we do not have the time or money (FFP) to wait and find out.

Where do you draw the line out of interest - if Parker got us relegated to League One, would you stick by him as 'Bobby Robson came good later in his career, don' want to risk losing Scott!'?

It's a nonsensical

Burt

The stated intention of the club is a return to the Premier League.

On the one hand, we're doing a decent job of it, only 3 points of an automatic promotion spot.

On the other hand, we're not exactly seeing the sort of football that have graced previous promotion campaigns (e.g. Jokanovic, Tigana) and there is a school of thought, which may have some merit, that Parker is out of his depth, which given he is in the infancy of his managerial career is not that surprising.

If we had the luxury of time and could afford to be a safe incubator for Parker to learn his trade then clearly you would stick with him. But we're in a "results now" world and that makes his position somewhat shaky.

If he does get fired, then you have to question why he was appointed in the first place, given the high risks of putting an untried, untested person in the managerial hot-seat.

And getting fired despite being third (or thereabouts) - most outsiders would think the club were bonkers.

Anyhow, if he does go, I would go for Hughton, he has experience of steadying teams and getting them in to the Premier League (Newcastle, Brighton).

Statto

Quote from: Wingnut on February 18, 2020, 01:05:11 PM
Do you believe that Gray can or will get us promoted, Statto?

50% chance IMO. But a better chance than I give us with Parker.
I accept it is pure speculation and guesswork

ByTheRiver

In answer to the original post, I would remove SP immediately (keep expecting the news notification on my phone the last couple of days tbh) and, if TK hasn't lined someone up in recent weeks (which he has done in the past, so you never know), let Gray manage the team to the end of the season.

I would absolutely feel more confident heading into the last games of the season (and play offs, if needed) with Gray at the head. Something is clearly not right at the moment.

Carborundum

Parker. 

No particular fan but if he gets this lot - with their obvious flaws - up, he's no longer a rookie manager. 

If he doesn't we think again.

bog

snarks

Keep with Scott.

If however the owner decides he's had enough then Poch

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: snarks on February 18, 2020, 02:34:39 PM
Keep with Scott.

If however the owner decides he's had enough then Poch

Poch is allegedly a Fulham fan  :54:
@LeeWarner19

Allestree andy

P    W    D      L      %           

Fulham    27 December 2015    14 November 2018    145    64    36    45    44.1

above is slavs stats while at fulham.
THOUGHTS ANYONE I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE HIM BACK
To the limit and beyond

Riversider

Let this season run it's course, then in the summer get rid (but I think he will be gone before the end of March) then in the summer do whatever it takes to bring David Wagner back to England, fantastic manager, with bundles of charisma and personality that supporters can bond and identify with, in fact he's the very opposite of Parker in so many aspects.

Bocanegra

I think we should keep Parker till end of season but replace him regardless of the outcome.

Plans should be going on behind the scenes right now, listing realistic replacements for both scenarios next season.

As for who, there is no point listing as of right now as he wont be going anywhere.

Maidstone Lee

What I am most concerned about is if we miss out on promotion, Mitrovic will be snapped up by a big club. He is vital to our general play and we have very little going forward without him which is why its imperative we go up this season. Replace Parker asap because we are not going up with him in charge.
@LeeWarner19