watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Who do we want as Manager?

Started by SuffolkWhite, February 18, 2020, 12:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moltobueno

interesting topic, I too would stick with Parker at the moment.

We could always go for an experienced manager, someone who has won PL recently, is Italian, believes this club has a story to tell, currently in serie A, what could go wrong

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Allestree andy on February 18, 2020, 02:52:02 PM
                                                                                  P    W    D      L      %           

Fulham    27 December 2015    14 November 2018    145    64    36    45    44.1

above is slavs stats while at fulham.
THOUGHTS ANYONE I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE HIM BACK

Not sure if this sarcasm, but you'd have to take a large number of things into account with Slavisa's record. Firstly, you could wipe off all the premiership games based on the various things covered many, many times (recruitment of unsuitable players for league, late recruitment giving no time for training - Chambers arriving the day before the season started, as one example) and you could probably chop a large part of the beginning off too where he was constantly battling to get players that we so desperately needed, only to be met with a). the stats experiment in its first an worst (not two tick) edition and b). battling with that fruit loop Craig Klein, him being at the training ground, him wanting to wrestle in the press conference wearing sumo wrestling suits, and all kinds of other stuff that you just can't believe actually went on looking back with hindsight.

Which leaves us with a bit in the middle which, by any comparisons you'd care to make, is pretty bloody fantastic.

So yeah, he is still in Saudi in what you can only imagine is a 'holding' job. His old assistant is back here. Pick up the phone, Tony, say you are sorry, you panicked as there was a lot at stake, come back, have a solid stake in recruitment and let's get promotion sorted.

MikeW

Quote from: Riversider on February 18, 2020, 03:13:20 PM
Let this season run it's course, then in the summer get rid (but I think he will be gone before the end of March) then in the summer do whatever it takes to bring David Wagner back to England, fantastic manager, with bundles of charisma and personality that supporters can bond and identify with, in fact he's the very opposite of Parker in so many aspects.

Good shout on Wagner.  Reference 'Bring back Slav' - never go back is my view.  (The other way of looking at his stats is he won less than half?)
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Allestree andy

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 18, 2020, 04:24:29 PM
Quote from: Allestree andy on February 18, 2020, 02:52:02 PM
                                                                                  P    W    D      L      %           

Fulham    27 December 2015    14 November 2018    145    64    36    45    44.1

above is slavs stats while at fulham.
THOUGHTS ANYONE I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE HIM BACK

Not sure if this sarcasm, but you'd have to take a large number of things into account with Slavisa's record. Firstly, you could wipe off all the premiership games based on the various things covered many, many times (recruitment of unsuitable players for league, late recruitment giving no time for training - Chambers arriving the day before the season started, as one example) and you could probably chop a large part of the beginning off too where he was constantly battling to get players that we so desperately needed, only to be met with a). the stats experiment in its first an worst (not two tick) edition and b). battling with that fruit loop Craig Klein, him being at the training ground, him wanting to wrestle in the press conference wearing sum wrestling suits, and all kinds of other stuff that you just can't believe actually went on looking back with hindsight.

Which leaves us with a bit in the middle which, by any comparisons you'd care to make, is pretty bloody fantastic.

So yeah, he is still in Saudi in what you can only imagine is a 'holding' job. His old assistant is back here. Pick up the phone, Tony, say you are sorry, you panicked as there was a lot at stake, come back, have a solid stake in recruitment and let's get promotion sorted.

BYTHERIVER i agree with you slav is the man, TK panicked and i dont blame him but i would pick upthe phone and say lets get this club back to where you took it, and push on in the premier league
To the limit and beyond

Allestree andy

wagner and slave together wow what a team however i would go for slav and then wagner always liked wagner his style of play not to dissimiler to slavs what a dream team
To the limit and beyond

ALG01

I am very disappointed with the level of performances this season.
The Barnsley game was the culmination of poor performances against Millwall, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Charlton... none of which were anywhere near the required standard.

BUT
we are third and to change manager now, or even thinkl of it would be crazy.
The plus points are the team have an amazing work ethic, look united and we do have talent
What Parker has to do is play cairney in his best positon rather than so advanced, he needs to stick with the back four that was doing so well s reinstate odoi, drop onomah, drop cav neither of whom are playing anywhere near well enough
play reid behind the forwards
and stop fiddling with the line up.
best available
rodak
odoi hector ream bryan
TC Stef Jo
Reid
Knock Mitro AK/Cav

the key is that midfield three being allowed to play football
And stop playing out from so deep, play possesion but clear the lines safely first.

Roberty

Quote from: ALG01 on February 18, 2020, 04:47:32 PM
The Barnsley game was the culmination of poor performances against Millwall, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Charlton... none of which were anywhere near the required standard.

BUT
we are third and to change manager now, or even think of it would be crazy.
The plus points are the team have an amazing work ethic, look united and we do have talent
What Parker has to do is play cairney in his best position rather than so advanced, he needs to stick with the back four that was doing so well s reinstate odoi, drop onomah, drop cav neither of whom are playing anywhere near well enough
best available
rodak
odoi hector ream bryan
TC Stef Jo
Reid
Knock Mitro AK/Cav

And stop playing out from so deep, play possession but clear the lines safely first.
The Key is to have 12 players on the pitch and hope no one notices - woops
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

Bring Felix back the players will love him.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

They love his tough training, and  the extra fitness this give them!
And we know he'll play the youngsters.

Whitestone

I'm not sure where all the love for David Wagner comes from. The year that Huddersfield were promoted under Wagner we beat them 5-0 at home and 4-1 away. They scraped up via the play offs without scoring a goal. They were pretty hopeless in the Prem for two seasons. David Wagner was out of his depth in the Prem and by the time he left Huddersfield  he was 'burned out' .

hovewhite

Let this season run it's course, then in the summer get rid (but I think he will be gone before the end of March) then in the summer do whatever it takes to bring David Wagner back to England, fantastic manager, with bundles of charisma and personality that supporters can bond and identify with, in fact he's the very opposite of Parker in so many aspects.
that's a good shout when TK has had enough of scotty

RaySmith

What about  bringing in Ian Holloway from Grimsby -  very charismatic guy, with a good track record with smaller clubs.

Moltobueno

whoever expects to see jokanovic back, didn't he say we're not a train station

grandad

Sheer madness to change now. It would require a complete change in tactics, coaching staff & a new man would have to work with what we have. If we were in a relegation fight maybe yes but not sitting in 3rd with every chance of promotion. I would not want any of the names mentioned. Journey men managers are only interested in being sacked & getting a big payoff. When we learn our end of season position that is the time to reconsider.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

Quote from: Roberty on February 18, 2020, 04:54:30 PM
Quote from: ALG01 on February 18, 2020, 04:47:32 PM

BUT
we are third and to change manager now, or even think of it would be crazy.
What Parker has to do is play cairney in his best position rather than so advanced, he needs to stick with the back four that was doing so well s reinstate odoi, drop onomah, drop cav neither of whom are playing anywhere near well enough
best available
rodak
odoi hector ream bryan
TC Stef Jo
Reid
Knock Mitro AK/Cav

And stop playing out from so deep, play possession but clear the lines safely first.
The Key is to have 12 players on the pitch and hope no one notices - woops
LOL

FFCFOREVER

Rafa Benitez. Quality manager. We should be going all out to get him right now.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on February 18, 2020, 07:17:30 PM
Rafa Benitez. Quality manager. We should be going all out to get him right now.

I have been thinking keep Parker unless someone with great experience and Prem experience could take over, he is the only one for me.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

HobGoblin

This would be imo a good fit with Fulham.

Nero

Get Colin in until the end of the season he will give the players a kick up the backside and a good promotion record, thank him very much at the end of the season get a new manager in