watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So Who do we want as Manager?

Started by SuffolkWhite, February 18, 2020, 12:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Parker...and see what happens at the end of the season.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Jem

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 18, 2020, 05:23:33 PM
Bring Felix back the players will love him.
I think they would be cheesed off fairly quickly.... :Get Coat gif:
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Spirit of 2000

Sanchez Flores, Montella, Pellegrini, Hughton,  Allegri, Wagner, Gracia, Kovac. All available and all a massive upgrade on Parker. Also maybe we could tempt Ainsworth from Wycombe,  really rate him. Or maybe the RB Leipzig assistant manager fancies his break ... a certain Moritz Volz.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on February 18, 2020, 01:57:15 PM
Quote from: Wingnut on February 18, 2020, 01:05:11 PM
Do you believe that Gray can or will get us promoted, Statto?

50% chance IMO. But a better chance than I give us with Parker.
I accept it is pure speculation and guesswork

+1 Stuart Gray will get this team scoring goals again and he is as good as Parker defensively. Any coach that has gone 345 minutes since his last non-Mitrovoic goal with PFA Team of the Year Players like Knockaert, Cairney, Reid, Cav and Bryan needs to be explaing himself. Stuart Gray knows everything Parker does and he has a great squad for the playoffs.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on February 18, 2020, 03:43:30 PM
What I am most concerned about is if we miss out on promotion, Mitrovic will be snapped up by a big club. He is vital to our general play and we have very little going forward without him which is why its imperative we go up this season. Replace Parker asap because we are not going up with him in charge.

If we don't go up, I cannot see Mitrovoic staying. We have to cut wages by £10m next season, letting go Reed, Arter and Knockaert will save £5m and we still need £5m more.

We could sell a Rodak or Betts for £5m profit, then bring back Fabri, but with those changes and no additions then I see Mitrovoic demanding to leave. I guess we could sell Cairney and bring back Seri to raise £10m, but Mitrovoic probably would want to stay them either. Selling Anguissa and Seri wouldn't fix anything as the profit in their sales would be negligible and if we make a loss we need to sell more players. I like to know how we intent to cut the wage bill and balance next years books. Selling Mitrovoic for £35m and buying a £20m striker seems the simplest solution. 

Parker was given every chance to go up this season, I don't see anyway to improve the squad next season and the size will need to be cut. If we don't go up whoever is our coach next season he'll have to do more with less squad.

I think we have the best squad in the Championship and you can argue i'm wrong, but one thing is certain as long as parchuate payments and FFP exists, we will never again have the best squad in the championship unless we get promoted without the best squad and relegated again. After May 2021, we have to cut wages by £40m per year, and getting rid of Rodak, Christie, Hector, Mawson, Bryan, Arter, Cairney, Reid, Knockaert, Mitro and Cav saves around £30m in wages, so we still need another £10m in profit or amortisation decrease.

Basically, don't be surprised if 2021/22 is our worst squad by some margin in two decades. If this squad is the strongest in the league, the 2021/22 could easily be similar to QPR and Middlesbough that lost parchuate payments this season.