watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...RBLeipzig

Started by bobby01, February 18, 2020, 02:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Sorry I do not know how to post a link to here. Really interesting article on their rise on the BBC site.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

Bocanegra

their success seems to have come without solely  chucking large amounts of money at buying players, but also surrounding the club with football people trying to build a philosophy.

Fulham need to learn more from the latter approach, and to be fair I think this will be a large part of our approach should we go up this season.

clanky

and Moritz Voltz among their coaching staff

The Rational Fan

Leipzig have had a 43,000 seater stadium for 16 years, a city bigger than Manchester with a 1,000,000 people catchment área, big football history and no team. The sudden rise of RB Leipzig in terms of pure football is surprising, but any team in the fifth tier with a huge sponsor and 43,000 seater stadium isn't going to stay their long if they can fill it.

FulhamKC

Sgt Fulham

Unsurprisingly the top German team beat the mid table English team. They looked good but not like a team capable of winning the Champions League. Spurs were very poor. I expect they'll lose the second leg too.

I Ronic

Quote from: Bocanegra on February 18, 2020, 03:42:06 PM
their success seems to have come without solely  chucking large amounts of money at buying players, but also surrounding the club with football people trying to build a philosophy.

Fulham need to learn more from the latter approach, and to be fair I think this will be a large part of our approach should we go up this season.

I'm guessing they use stats heavily as well. There target age is 23 and players seem to be swapped between the other Red Bull clubs in Austria, New York and Brazil.