more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Line-Up For Tonight

Started by White Noise, February 09, 2010, 10:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Just reading this in The Evening Standard -

Towering Swede David Elm is tonight set to make his second start as Zamora's strike partner.

Shurely shome mishtake?

Do we assume that Nevland's toe is not recovered? If so, surely given Okaka another start ahs to make sense?

I think the line-up should be -

Schwarzer

Baird  Hangeland  Hughes  Shorey

Duff  Etuhu  Murphy  Greening

Zamora   Gera

Bench

Zuberbuhler
Stoor
Smalling
Riise
Elm
Nevland
Okaka

TonyGilroy

It seems that Roy wants to ease Otaka into things and not push him. He knows the lad and I reckon we should respect his judgement on that.

I would think that a fit Gera would play with Zamora but if he's not available then we're left with Elm or Nevland. We surely know by now that we get value from Nevland only as an impact sub and in any event, he doesn't look 100%.

So Elm it is but if its not working we have Otaka and Nevland to come off the bench and that suits Roy's usual tactic of keeping things tight early on.

AlFayedsChequebook

Not playing Okaka would be a mistake IMO. Elm is just a slower version of bobby, if they both play who is making runs into the box?

Of course I would love to be provecd wrong with Elm grabbing a hattrick :P

CorkCity

The passing game will go out the window with Elm & BZ , Roy obviously fancys the long ball tactic against Burnley , cant say I blame him , by passing Murphy could be the tactic we are looking for.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

TonyGilroy

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on February 09, 2010, 11:56:08 AM
Not playing Okaka would be a mistake IMO. Elm is just a slower version of bobby, if they both play who is making runs into the box?

Absolutely nobody will be making runs into the box.

We will keep it tight and absorb pressure hoping for an occasional corner or free kick from which we might get lucky with a deflection. Our 2 banks of 4 will protect our goal whilst our 2 strikers will hold the ball and pass back to the midfield. We will be disciplined and organised.

We will somehow, at some point, sneak a goal probably a low shot from Duff from the edge of the area. And we'll be happy. Or we won't and we won't.

You have seen us play before haven't you?

bigalffc

Got to admit the midfield has no attacking impetus at the moment so maybe the long ball to the big fella's is our best option.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum