watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Terence Kongolo

Started by MrFFC, May 25, 2020, 07:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

Any updates on his injury? Obviously he was ruled out for the rest of the season but with the season being delayed by 3 months if we start again Mid June could he make a return? Do we have an option to sign him on a permanent deal in the summer?
Come on you Whites!! :)

JimOG

Quote from: MrFFC on May 25, 2020, 07:54:27 AM
Any updates on his injury? Obviously he was ruled out for the rest of the season but with the season being delayed by 3 months if we start again Mid June could he make a return? Do we have an option to sign him on a permanent deal in the summer?

His contract expires next Saturday . Did the EPL agree to extend loans until season is over? I liked the little I've seen of him + fair Huddersfield fans rate him. Hector & Kongolo would be the start of building a team from the back with Rodak. 3 Prem quality players - better than our last visit.

Twig

We just haven't seen enough of Kongolo.  We don't yet know if he would be an update on Ream.

Statto

Quote from: JimOG on May 25, 2020, 09:15:25 AM
His contract expires next Saturday . Did the EPL agree to extend loans until season is over?

Is it certainly next Saturday? For PL clubs it's the *end* of June, I believe.

The loan situation shouldn't be hard to resolve. Clubs and players' unions like the PFA can fairly easily agree to extend all loans by a few weeks, to capture the end of the season in July or early August. The transfer window is bound to be pushed back a bit - I can't see many deals being done whilst clubs still don't know what division or cups they'll be in next season. And almost all clubs will have some key players on loan, so they should all want extensions.

Of course this is football, so just because there's an easy and fair solution, doesn't mean it will happen.

@jolslover

To be fair I am not sure we would sign him on a perm after how it worked out - he only started walking without crutches again 10 days ago (as per his insta) so im not sure he will be ready in time (anyone who knows more about sports science got any idea?).

He does however have great pedigree (capped for Dutch national team, Huddersfield player of season in Prem) and in that game he played against City I remember him making probably the best tackle I've seen this season! (link below)

STH H3

General

I think we're lucky with Kongolo as long as the club views it similarly. We needed a better player in his position, he got injured but if it can be sorted out then we may get a second run in with him, which could make a huge difference.

That said, we were struggling as a team in general before lockdown - playing inverted wingers wasn't working and we weren't dominating games as much as we should/could/had and riding our luck in terms of games where our defence managed to stand strong and not concede at times where we were perhaps lucky to not have.

EricB

I thought he look very promising in the little we saw.  His YouTube videos show 'that' tackle against City is very much his trademark tackle.  Can't remember the last time that a tackle by one of our defenders excited me so muck or was as memorable. 

fulhamben

Quote from: EricB on May 25, 2020, 02:04:09 PM
I thought he look very promising in the little we saw.  His YouTube videos show 'that' tackle against City is very much his trademark tackle.  Can't remember the last time that a tackle by one of our defenders excited me so muck or was as memorable. 
cant remember the game but goma once crunched a Liverpool player in our box. It was a thing of beauty that would have been a pen and probably a red card if he was a Millie second out Of the tackle.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

I imagine all of our loan player contracts expire in June so who have we on loan that we would badly miss over the last nine games.
Kongolo. Knockhaert, Arter ?. Reid ?, Read. Are there others.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: filham on May 25, 2020, 03:17:35 PM
I imagine all of our loan player contracts expire in June so who have we on loan that we would badly miss over the last nine games.

Reid signed permanently

Jimsbeerbelly

Knockhaert has an option stitched into his contract, which, we tried activating in Jan, but, was to late with something. I assume the club will just make his move perm if they chose to.

We will need to retain one of either Arter or Read, as we don't have cover there.

The Cravenette

Bobby Reid signed a perm deal

The Rational Fan

Since the 28th December 2018 the day before Fulham 1–0 Huddersfield Town, Mawson has kept ten clean sheets and Kongolo has only kept one clean sheet. Mawson was a quality defender that hasn't been the player we needed since his shoelace injury, but Kongolo is no different and has also been a shadow of his former self also.

Riversider

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 26, 2020, 02:17:57 AM
Since the 28th December 2018 the day before Fulham 1–0 Huddersfield Town, Mawson has kept ten clean sheets and Kongolo has only kept one clean sheet. Mawson was a quality defender that hasn't been the player we needed since his shoelace injury, but Kongolo is no different and has also been a shadow of his former self also.

Complete and utter garbage, your comprehensive views on Kongolo are based on how many views exactly ? His tackle on Gabriel Jesus was world class , as good as any tackle I've ever seen by a Fulham defender in my 50 years of watching Fulham,

fulhamben

i have only seen mawson have one good game since hes been here, i made a big thing of it as i thought he had turned the corner, i was wrong. and as to kongolo every town fan ive seen comment on him said he was an exceptional center back, but was then moved to left back where he sucked

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on May 26, 2020, 01:31:20 PM
i have only seen mawson have one good game since hes been here, i made a big thing of it as i thought he had turned the corner, i was wrong. and as to kongolo every town fan ive seen comment on him said he was an exceptional center back, but was then moved to left back where he sucked

Agree
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on May 25, 2020, 03:24:36 PM

Knockhaert has an option stitched into his contract, which, we tried activating in Jan, but, was to late with something. I assume the club will just make his move perm if they chose to.

We will need to retain one of either Arter or Read, as we don't have cover there.
Harrison Read all day long for me.

We Are Premier League

Just seen the rumours about Rob Dickie, sounds like a good signing.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: @jolslover on May 26, 2020, 06:36:24 PM

Agree

Kongolo is a world-class defender, that is at his best not quite good enough to make his country regularly, that has been rubbish in his last 12 months at his club struggling to keep clean sheets, his poor form is partly because of injuries, partly because of lack of motivation and partly because he hasn't played in his best position at LCB. Apart from one world-class tackle, please explain how Mawson doesn't also fit that description playing at RCB.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on May 27, 2020, 05:23:56 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on May 26, 2020, 06:36:24 PM

Agree

Kongolo is a world-class defender, that is at his best not quite good enough to make his country regularly, that has been rubbish in his last 12 months at his club struggling to keep clean sheets, his poor form is partly because of injuries, partly because of lack of motivation and partly because he hasn't played in his best position at LCB. Apart from one world-class tackle, please explain how Mawson doesn't also fit that description playing at RCB.
because mawson doesn't look good in his favoured position. Are you saying we shouldn't have bought hector to replace mawson? I don't get where you are going with this. Ream is getting old and mistakes are creeping into his game, plus his lack of pace is a real worry. And kongolo looks like he could be an upgrade if he can stay fit