https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC TV - Jamie - what the!!

Started by howitis, July 04, 2020, 04:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Quote from: Logicalman on July 04, 2020, 06:50:07 PM
Quote from: filham on July 04, 2020, 06:27:29 PM
I am pleased to be able to watch these games on FFCtv and am quite happy with the commentators, who have a Fulham bias and clearly feel for Fulham in the same way as I do. What would we doing without them right now.

Bias? BIAS? What Bias. I find Jim's summing up of how opposition players are dirty, time-wasting, cheating, acting and fashion-challenged persons quite accurate!  As for failing to recall the name of that shower down the road whenever we have the displeasure of playing them, that's him just being absent-minded :005:

to be fair he's started calling them Wahlem Green, but that might be a euphemism  :dft011:

gerrys

To be honest I must admit that GJ is somewhat biased (but who cares  :003:) whereas Jamie's comments are much more neutral and relevant to the situation in hand.......they work together well as a team.

davew

Quote from: howitis on July 04, 2020, 04:07:30 PM
Im not sure what is more painful Fulhams performance or Jamie commentary. Love Jim but his sidekick is agony to listen to. Its like he is planted by Tony Khan/Scott Parker to cover up the inadequacies of our performances.
He talks utter garbage and am now being forced to watch without commentary.
After suffering his naive to ridiculous comments through the leeds and qpr games he now is saluting some aspects on Fulhams first half performance against Birmingham.
Its half time and we have not had a shot yet !!!!

Sack Parker and let him take this Jamie character with him .....

Good posting, totall agree!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: Whitesideup on July 04, 2020, 06:13:43 PM
With about 10 minutes to go, they said they could still see us getting a win, whereas I didn't rate our chances of scoring. 
They say that in most matches we play, even if we are 2 down, can´t criticise their optimism or enthusiasm, true Fulham fans would be saying we might as well go home after conceding first.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Dodgin

When Jamie interviews Jim, he hardly blinks.

AnOldBrownie

At the end of the game Jamie literally said the first half was poor.   What more do you want?

Sheesh...people have definitely been stuck inside too long. 

Next we'll have a Gentleman Jim complaint.

Big T

I don't mind him, the perfect nerd
The ultimate Fulham fan  049:gif

john dempsey

Where's that Stanley Unwin fellow when you need him.

grandad

They work well together. I love it when Jim says " That was never a foul, get up" Jamie then says " In fairness Jim he did have both of his legs taken out." Jim " Yes, just seen a replay"
Where there's a will there's a wife

Matt10

I edit Fulham highlight videos of seasons ranging from the 80's to present. There have been some poor commentary that is best forgotten, but also some classics. The partnership of GJ & Jamie is second to none.

MikeTheCubed

Although it doesn't warrant criticism there was one moment during the commentary I found somewhat bewildering. Jamie made a shout-out to a fan from Cologne who'd claimed to represent the "Cologne Fulham Supporters Club", with the jibe that it had a population of "one". Anyone who travels to a lot of away games and / or drinks in the Golden Lion will almost certainly know of German Freddy, who is also from Cologne and has travelled to most games home & away for decades.

terryr

Wow
Some pretty petty comments
GJ and Jamie are total fans
FFC TV isn't supposed to be a neutral venue to watch Fulham
Get over it
Enjoy their pro Fulham passion
They suffer with us when we lose
They celebrate with us when we win
I far prefer them to the anti Fulham network commentary on Sky or Bein
We are often are dismissed as a pointless west London distraction there to make up the numbers
Jamie and GJ are us... and I love them for it.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

They are biased but then so are every other club tv commentating teams that I have heard. It is only natural.

Logicalman

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 08:36:13 PM
Although it doesn't warrant criticism there was one moment during the commentary I found somewhat bewildering. Jamie made a shout-out to a fan from Cologne who'd claimed to represent the "Cologne Fulham Supporters Club", with the jibe that it had a population of "one". Anyone who travels to a lot of away games and / or drinks in the Golden Lion will almost certainly know of German Freddy, who is also from Cologne and has travelled to most games home & away for decades.

From the way it was said, I believe the person who texted it said that it was a population of one, being tongue-in-cheek, and he just reread it as typed.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Logicalman on July 04, 2020, 09:16:32 PM
Quote from: MikeTheCubed on July 04, 2020, 08:36:13 PM

From the way it was said, I believe the person who texted it said that it was a population of one, being tongue-in-cheek, and he just reread it as typed.

That is correct.

RaySmith

Give them, and the club, a break.
GJ and Jamie do a great job, and are both well informed not just about Fulham but football and the game generally, and obviously have a passion for the club.
I think Jamie complements Jim well.

We are so lucky to have this commentary imo, but obviously no-one is forced to listen to it, especially if you're able to view the action, a we so often can now.

Imagine back in the dark days, when you just relied on radio score updates, if you couldn't attend the game in person.

colinwhite

Some people just love moaning.Thank god you lot have nothing to do with running the club. Nobody is perfect but Jamie does a good job and provides a good compliment to Jim,who clearly likes him ,so thats good enough for me.

rebel

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 04, 2020, 09:14:54 PM
They are biased but then so are every other club tv commentating teams that I have heard. It is only natural.

Some of them are way too biased, their team are losing 6 - 0, they still commentate as if their team is Brazil. Jamie is Jamie, the best bits are when Jamie makes a 'gaff', Jim picks him up on it and you hear Jim laughing throughout the rest of the commentary.

If you don't like the commentary, just turn it off. 

Colton F.C.

Jim and Jamie share with us the same pain in defeat and the delight and exuberance in those elusive victories. Long may it continue gaffs and inane comments and all. God bless.

Southcoastffc

Gentleman Jim is a Fulham institution and I like him. Jamie Reid has a broadcasting pedigree, a good voice for radio and, clearly, knows a lot about the game and other teams'  players. He has, IMO, a tough job in being the number 2. That said, I get very fed up of the inane wittering he introduces too often about 'Fred in Acapulco says hi' or 'Happy birthday to Daisy in Kuala Lumpur'.  Keep those messages for before the game or half time.   I really am not interested in Fred or Daisy!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.