https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Fulham

Started by Southcoastffc, July 07, 2020, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

We MUST buy Harrison Reed, he is excellent as an all round midfielder

filham

A performance with a few goals on Friday against Cardiff and surely there will be no one on this site calling for Parker's head.

Twig

Excellent team performance. Sensible team selection given who was available and good use of subs. No complaints from me.  Yes, of course I want us to win 3 or 4 nil and do it in style, but runs like this breed confidence.

grandad

The players took their own responsibility. Instead of always looking for Cairney it gave them more opportunities to express themselves. Our general play was at a higher tempo than normal.Parker & the squad had so little time to plan for this match without Cairney. Well done to Parker, the squad & coaching staff.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Well done Scott and the  team - everyone  involved played a part in this win.
The subs, Knock and  Stefan really put in shifts, Knock  tackling back , and making crucial defensive  headers, while Stefan  ran  half the length of the pitch to close down their keeper, who panicked and put the ball out of play in the crucial closing minutes.

Shows the spirit running through this squad.

COYSW!!!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 07, 2020, 07:18:43 PM
Very professional performance against a danger team without key players. I'm not rising to the Parker oUt commentator but more wins like this and Parker will have ample support! Upwards and onwards.

I aim to please and have a dig whenever I can ;) I love all of you dearly (seriously) no matter opinions - we are all Fulham ain't we!?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

grandad

Fernhurst

As Lighthouse has been saying for years and years.

IT's THE HOPE THAT KILLS YOU

Those few minutes before Brentford equalised against Charlton were tantalising bliss.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Andy S

Brentford are the one team I fear in the play-offs so let them go up automatically.

grandad

Quote from: Andy S on July 07, 2020, 08:09:19 PM
Brentford are the one team I fear in the play-offs so let them go up automatically.

I have a feeling in my water that Brentford will get auto & we will beat WBA in the Final.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 07, 2020, 07:13:18 PM
That's how to win ugly!
Credit to all the players
Credit to the manager

:plus one:

Ugly, gritty football...but enough to beat the likes of Forest (who were on form).   I'm good.

Skatzoffc

Don't change a winning team.

We are far too predictable with Mitro and Cairney.
Simple as.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 07, 2020, 07:25:42 PM

Agreed.

For me he is the new Murphy.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Carborundum

Thought we played well.  Onomah particularly seemed to revel in the battle and saw more of the ball.  His best game for us.   With the upper hand in the battle for midfield, other things went well too, particularly in defence.  Whilst our attack found it difficult we know from the Cottage that Forest can defend very capably and their right back is brilliant.  Arter's goal was a marvel.  To go from sat on backside to left foot curler in heartbeat is some footballing instinct.  All in all, a quality performance

Kentish Gent

At 3 o'clock this afternoon, I was going to post "Top scorer suspended, captain injured, not playing our best football, against a team bang in form - what could possibly go wrong". Now enjoying a seafood risotto dinner with a nice glass of white, with a substantial slice of humble pie on the side. After 60+ years of supporting the Whites, what else could I have expected!

Fernhurst

Quote from: Kentish Gent on July 07, 2020, 09:05:56 PM
At 3 o'clock this afternoon, I was going to post "Top scorer suspended, captain injured, not playing our best football, against a team bang in form - what could possibly go wrong". Now enjoying a seafood risotto dinner with a nice glass of white, with a substantial slice of humble pie on the side. After 60+ years of supporting the Whites, what else could I have expected!

Well done for posting 👍
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RoyTund

I have been very critical of parker's tactics this season but credit tonight, thought he played it very well.

St Eve

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on July 07, 2020, 07:25:30 PM
2 post lockdown games with Mitro-2 defeats.
3 games without Mitro-3 wins

What to do with the next ream selection?
Mitro starts of course

Arthur

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 07, 2020, 08:47:30 PM
We are far too predictable with Mitro and Cairney.
Simple as.

I don't recall us creating anything more than one opportunity (and far from clear cut, at that) inside our opponents' box in the entire game. This suggests we didn't spring too many surprises on Forest.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 07, 2020, 07:25:42 PM

Agreed.   

I also want Josh Onomah to get/stay in shape.   I think he has a ton of potential at the #10 spot.  (even if we're playing a 4-3-3)