watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Nottingham Forest 0 - 1 Fulham

Started by Southcoastffc, July 07, 2020, 07:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Litrecola_

Great win, full team effort. I did believe that they would get the equalized when Le Marchand came on. He should not be seen anywhere near the bench IMO. Up the Whites.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Litrecola_ on July 08, 2020, 03:40:52 AM
Great win, full team effort. I did believe that they would get the equalized when Le Marchand came on. He should not be seen anywhere near the bench IMO. Up the Whites.

MLM last five times in the league, where he played 90 minutes, we conceded an average of 1.00 goals per game (against Everton, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Wolves, and Newcastle).

Hector and Reams last five games, we conceded an average of 1.20 goals per game (against Brentford, Leeds, Birmingham, QPR, and Forest).

Please explain how anything MLM has done (including his non-tackle of allowing Pogba through) is as bad as Ream's kick in the 23 minute play allowing Lewis Grabban through?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 08, 2020, 04:58:27 AM

MLM last five times in the league, where he played 90 minutes, we conceded an average of 1.00 goals per game (against Everton, Bournemouth, Cardiff, Wolves, and Newcastle).

Hector and Reams last five games, we conceded an average of 1.20 goals per game (against Brentford, Leeds, Birmingham, QPR, and Forest).

I don't care about MLM's statistical numbers.

When he comes on I assume he's going to make an error so that I'm not disappointed.   When he doesn't make an error I consider it a pleasant surprise.

To be fair...I have a problem with MLM at LB, not at CB.    imo he can be just as good as Tim Ream at the LCB spot.   Unfortunately we don't partner him with Michael.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 08, 2020, 05:03:07 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 08, 2020, 04:58:27 AM

I don't care about MLM's statistical numbers. When he comes on I assume he's going to make an error so that I'm not disappointed.   When he doesn't make an error I consider it a pleasant surprise.

To be fair...I have a problem with MLM at LB, not at CB.    imo he can be just as good as Tim Ream at the LCB spot. Unfortunately, we don't partner him with Michael.

MLM is a centre-back, besides we have two quality left-backs with both Odoi and Bryan making more crosses than our wingers. Partnering Hector and MLM at CB could be a revelation, especially in the air and against counter-attacks. Mawson is an option at CB, but fitness and injuries is a concern.

Holders

It wasn't attractive football but professionally and efficiently executed and what the occasion demanded. I was impressed by the tackling back, winning the second ball, chasing and blocking. I don't think I've seen its like before from this team. I even enjoyed the seeing the time out at the end. It was the type of cynical football that other sides normally play!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

FulhamStu

I have repeatedly said that Cairney whilst a great player, is a problem in a 4-3-3 and that this is made worse if BDR or Onomah are alongside him.  With Reed and Arter in central midfield, we are solid and give some protection to the back 4.  Onomah is an odd player, he runs with his arms fairly static and this makes him look sluggish.  In fact he has a lot of natural talent, very strong and quite skilful, quicker than he looks and last night was able to flourish at the more forward midfield player.  That was the best Kebano has played for a long time, but he would not make my best 11.  The back 4 were good, Hector excellent and fullbacks solid, Ream still worries me.  BDR played a false nine which suited him but we missed a hold up player. Cav worked much harder which was great but is still missing top form. 

Mitro has to return, but I would keep the same midfield.  I would alternate Cairney and Onomah and tell Cairney if he does not work hard and fast off the ball he will be replaced.  I would like to give MLM a game in place of Ream to see what he can do, I initially thought dropping Christie was wrong but Odoi's solid performance changed my mind. 

For once we looked like a team, we know we have good players but that set up made us far more cohesive and defensively sound.

Southdowns White

We seemed to have a little more urgency moving the ball from defence to midfield and then forward as a team,   we also closed them down quicker when they had the ball giving them less opportunity to create chances. Still not firing when we get into the last third but for me that was our best performance so far since the return.

KJS

Holders

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 08, 2020, 07:52:51 AM
I have repeatedly said that Cairney whilst a great player, is a problem in a 4-3-3 and that this is made worse if BDR or Onomah are alongside him.  With Reed and Arter in central midfield, we are solid and give some protection to the back 4.  Onomah is an odd player, he runs with his arms fairly static and this makes him look sluggish.  In fact he has a lot of natural talent, very strong and quite skilful, quicker than he looks and last night was able to flourish at the more forward midfield player.  That was the best Kebano has played for a long time, but he would not make my best 11.  The back 4 were good, Hector excellent and fullbacks solid, Ream still worries me.  BDR played a false nine which suited him but we missed a hold up player. Cav worked much harder which was great but is still missing top form. 

Mitro has to return, but I would keep the same midfield.  I would alternate Cairney and Onomah and tell Cairney if he does not work hard and fast off the ball he will be replaced.  I would like to give MLM a game in place of Ream to see what he can do, I initially thought dropping Christie was wrong but Odoi's solid performance changed my mind. 

For once we looked like a team, we know we have good players but that set up made us far more cohesive and defensively sound.

Forget my post above, "for once we looked like a team" sums it up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Milo on July 07, 2020, 07:15:16 PM
Didn't see us scoring without the Arter long shot. As a result, a lot of questions still to be answered regards Parker as manager getting the best out of a team with Cav, Knockaert, D Reid etc.

However that said.. positives to be taken by the grit and professionalism of the squad once we took the lead. In particular the final 10 minutes.

✔✔

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Twig on July 07, 2020, 07:33:28 PM
Excellent team performance. Sensible team selection given who was available and good use of subs. No complaints from me.  Yes, of course I want us to win 3 or 4 nil and do it in style, but runs like this breed confidence.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: KJS on July 08, 2020, 08:07:21 AM
We looked far better without TC
Sad but true.
As Holders said we looked like a team!!

USNA90

It was nice to see another clean sheet.  Watching this game, it occurred to me that Fulham's defense when the other team is on the attack is really not that bad.  This may be recency bias, due to the fact that there was such a long lay-off, but it seems that Fulham's biggest problems come when they have possession of the ball deep in their own end.  The opponent's best scoring opportunities come when Fulham is under pressure and passing the back and forth in front of their own goal.  I can recall five times over the last three games when Fulham was lucky the other team didn't score due to a sloppy pass or mis-play by Fulham in front of their own net.  During the same three games, I don't think the opponents created that many legitimate scoring opportunities on their own.  It seems that Fulham is in more danger of allowing a goal when they have possession of the ball than they are when the opponent is attacking.  It's tempting to think that these types of mistakes even out over the course of the season, and that Fulham would also be the beneficiary of some cheap goals due to the opponent making a mistake deep in their own end, but I'm hard pressed to come up with nearly as many examples of this type of thing working to Fulham's advantage.