more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream is worrying me

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, July 07, 2020, 07:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Great win.

But Ream drops one or two clangers every game now. He could really cost us in the play offs.

Ordar

I'm hoping we can get Mawson match fit for the playoffs

Logicalman

Ream is a good player on his day, he does defend well (usually) when it just needs nutting or booting away first time, but if he has to do anything more he appears somewhat slow and lacking confidence.

His faux pas yesterday when (I think it was) Grabban mugged him, showed this perfectly. If he'd headed the ball forwards/out, danger gone, instead he chested it down, and fouled up letting the striker run at goal almost unmolested.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

colinwhite

All true but he is our player who sets up most attacks. Calm on the ball and decent with it.

Big T

Quote from: Ordar on July 07, 2020, 07:13:30 PM
I'm hoping we can get Mawson match fit for the playoffs

So let me get this straight
Your hoping we can qualify to the play offs then drop Ream and play Mawson instead ?
A man who's not played all season and has done nothing in his years at Fulham to prove or earn his place...

Insanity !!!

Carborundum

To be a really successful owner or manager, constant improvement trumps everything. Either improve a player's capabilities or replace the weaker players with stronger ones.  Sentiment, former glories are distractions to be avoided. 

Grabban overpowered him this week. Last week it was Hugill.  It happens because the centre forwards make sure to stand by him.  They sense weakness.   Hector usually looks a million dollars because all he has to worry about is mopping up duties.  We need a new centre back that prompts strikers to decide to go stand by Hector.  That's how we improve. 

Ream doesn't worry me.  We have to have weaker players, all teams do.  We just have to do something about it.  Success depends upon it.

Arthur

Quote from: Logicalman on July 08, 2020, 03:34:36 PM
Ream is a good player on his day, he does defend well (usually) when it just needs nutting or booting away first time, but if he has to do anything more he appears somewhat slow and lacking confidence.

To suggest that Ream's one quality is booting the ball away is to misrepresent his attributes (in my opinion, of course).

rebel

Now we have some wins under our belt, hopefully we will have calmer heads throughout the team.

filham

Agree that Ream does seems to be making an error, that could be costly, early in the game. However he does a lot of good work and looks the part going forward, there is no better option at the moment.
He may beefit from a little less game time leading up to the play offs and perhaps a good haicut may freshen him up.

rebel

Quote from: filham on July 09, 2020, 10:48:52 AM
Agree that Ream does seems to be making an error, that could be costly, early in the game. However he does a lot of good work and looks the part going forward, there is no better option at the moment.
He may beefit from a little less game time leading up to the play offs and perhaps a good haicut may freshen him up.

What a Mohican?

AnOldBrownie

His faux pas yesterday when (I think it was) Grabban mugged him, showed this perfectly. If he'd headed the ball forwards/out, danger gone, instead he chested it down, and fouled up letting the striker run at goal almost unmolested.

Tim is a good CB to partner with a dominant CB (Michael), but he's also dangerously close in a lot of games to making a mistake that will cost the team a goal.   Most of the time he's positionally sound...but his composure is not always up to the level we require.

He's still the second best CB we have on the squad even when Mawson is healthy, and he's clearly the best option to partner with Michael.

Hope he comes good in the playoffs.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 09, 2020, 10:59:15 AM

Tim is a good CB to partner with a dominant CB (Michael), but he's also dangerously close in a lot of games to making a mistake that will cost the team a goal.   Most of the time he's positionally sound...but his composure is not always up to the level we require.

He's still the second best CB we have on the squad even when Mawson is healthy, and he's clearly the best option to partner with Michael.

Hope he comes good in the playoffs.

Just out of interest, how do you arrive at the conclusion that Ream is "clearly the best option to partner with Michael"?

fulhamphil

No surprise to see Tim Ream's fragility come under scrutiny. A solid servant at Fulham for 3 seasons though even in the past he and Button never seemed on the same wavelength. Kalas and a high energy midfield that powered us to promotion masked his shortcomings. Tim's not tall enough to command the box and easily outjumped. He lacks the bravery to attack aerial balls into the box from set pieces, hence zero goal contribution to the side. He's lost a yard of pace and is too easily turned. Although I concede he has a cool head - unlike Mawson, if Tim gets his pocket picked playing a high line we are vulnerable. The aberration early on at Forest illustrated this perfectly, and needed Hector to bail him out. After Wembley a new centre half was an absolute priority. Ethan Pinnock came on my radar back then. Where are Fulham scouts looking for talent? We all saw how much respect Cauley still has for this club by not celebrating in our cripplingly embarrassing home defeat. One simple call to Cauley two seasons ago would have alerted Fulham to Pinnock's potential. His displays at Brentford are one reason they are going up and we're not. While still in the play off shakedown we're stuck with Ream for now, but this summer is time to say enough is enough. And while on the topic of Barnsley players, who wouldn't rather have Woodrow back running and harrying defences alongside Mitro instead of our current crop of strikers - all firing blanks?

grandad

Ream´s recovery time makes it difficult to expect him to play more than once a week. He is a true professional & a good egg but Parker needs to give him a rest for the game today. He has been a good servant but Parker´s head needs to rule his heart.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Sting of the North

Quote from: grandad on July 10, 2020, 11:22:43 AM
Ream´s recovery time makes it difficult to expect him to play more than once a week. He is a true professional & a good egg but Parker needs to give him a rest for the game today. He has been a good servant but Parker´s head needs to rule his heart.

Is there any factual basis for Ream having a bigger problem than anyone else with recovery time? Or is it just something that people keep repeating as if it was true?

I mean, it is probably taking a toll on all the players who regularly plays twice a week, but why Ream in particular? Is it just because of his age people are speculating?

fulhamben

He's having another mare today
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on July 10, 2020, 08:39:50 PM
He's having another mare today

If we're being honest, he's only ever been decent from Jan-May 2018 and a liability either side of that

Sgt Fulham

Its sad to see Tim Ream like this. Hero during the promotion season but disasterclass seems to be the norm these days.

bobbo

He's determined to give Cardiff a goal start. When is Parker going to stop this playing out from the back , WHEN ITS DANGEROUS.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

The Rock

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on July 10, 2020, 08:42:58 PM
Its sad to see Tim Ream like this. Hero during the promotion season but disasterclass seems to be the norm these days.

100% Agreed. To be fair, he has always been poor/average, except when he really turned it on that promotion season for that 6 month span. Have no idea where it came from, and no idea where it went either.